R.O.D.

R.O.D.

“They look so good together! GD oppa deserves to be with someone beautiful like her!”

“Of course they’re dating! They’re both successful and she's exactly oppa’s type!”

“This is the kind of person GD oppa should be with!”

Last weekend Jiyong had attended an award ceremony with your mutual friend Jun Hee who is a model. You felt bad you couldn’t accompany your boyfriend to events like this since your relationship was secret but this was just one of the conditions that came with dating someone as famous as him. You weren’t jealous, you had both known Jun Hee for a while and you were even friends with her before you knew Jiyong so you trusted her but you couldn’t help to notice how good they did looked together. You scrolled through the comments on the fan café getting more upset as you went along since virtually everyone was in agreement that they should date. Of course there were some comments saying negative things but you knew those were only spurned by jealousy so you completely disregarded them.

The comments made you seriously think about your relationship with Jiyong. You had been together for three years already and you loved him deeply but sometimes you wondered if he was truly happy, if you were enough for him. You wondered if he had settled for you. He rubbed shoulders with great and beautiful people from all over the world but he came home to little old you. When he wasn’t in your dingy little apartment with you he travelled the world and hung out with internationally renowned producers, singers, actresses and models. He had sold out world tours with s as well as a sold out Asia tour in his own right.

Though you never doubted his fidelity it made you wonder how you measured up to those people and what made him stick around. You wanted him to be proud of his girlfriend and show her off to the world but he couldn’t do that with you. You were only a retail assistant at a boutique in Seoul – which was how you met – and you definitely weren’t beautiful. You weren’t particularly successful, nor were you rich. You remebered last year you had to save up for months as well as work overtime just to get him a Rolex watch for his birthday.

You wondered how different his life would be if he wasn’t dating you. He wouldn’t have to accept crappy gifts and spend his hard earned money looking after you. He could hold his girlfriend’s hand at awards ceremonies and on television shows. He could present her to the world. He would have his fans support. He would be happier.

Maybe it would be for the best if you broke up with him…

“You can stop thinking about that right away. There’s no way you can get rid of me.” said a voice from behind you. You turned around shocked with a hand on your chest. You must have been so absorbed in the comments that you hadn’t even heard him come in.

“Ahh oppa, I didn’t hear you come in.” you said hurriedly as you tried to close the fan café’s comment section before he saw.

“I know what you were looking at. I though we agreed you would stop going through the comments.” he told you in a chastising voice. He had caught you crying once because someone had spotted you with him and the picture had gone viral. The following day you had checked the fan café and the majority of the comments had been incredibly hurtful. That day you had promised him to never look at the comments again and you hadn’t up until now.

“Mianhae oppa.” you apologised feeling guilty. He only made you promise that because he cared about you and didn’t want you to get hurt.

“It’s okay jagi. Just understand I don’t care what they say. I mean I’m glad they would be okay with me being in a relationship but it’s not her that I want. I want only you.” he said gently as he sat down next to you and wrapped an arm around your waist.

“Oppa but maybe you’d be ha-” you started but he spoke over you before you could finish your sentence.

“No, I want you to listen to me. You make me feel like a little kid, trying not to think about you lasts only 10 minutes at the longest. Your face is so beautiful, just like a sculpture. When you smile it feels like there’s a storm in my heart. You’ve got me losing my mind when you touch me, when you kiss me. So it’s you and me against the world - with you I ride or die. Never give up even when they try us, understand jagi?” he told you earnestly as he caressed your cheek with his fingers. He had a small smile playing on his lips and he had never looked more beautiful to you.

“I understand.” you said with tears in your eyes.

“I love you so much. You’re the only one for me and even though we’re young I want you to know we’re in this ‘til the end.  One day let’s build a picturesque house together on Jeju where we can raise our kids. One day I’ll put a diamond as big as your thumb on your ring finger. I’ll give you the world. I promise.” he told you lovingly as he looked into your eyes and played with your ring finger. You looked into his eyes and realised he meant every word of it. A sudden rush of love went through you and in that moment you were absolutely sure Jiyong was the one for you.

You simply nodded, feeling too choked up to speak.

“I love you ___.” he whispered.

“I love you too, Jiyong.” you whispered back.