chapter five

Inside of Me

This is the first time that someone would back him up. At school, he was bullied and constantly got teased for being weird and strange. Nobody would even want to go even a metre close to Luhan, afraid that he might use his powers towards the other students. He was alone and lonely. Just like Baekhyun, who was forbidden to go out from his former house's yard. Both of them are loveless and in need of love. 

"Baekhyun, go back to your room," Chil Hyun coldly persists the little Baekhyun who is holding the little hand of Luhan. "No!" Baekhyun shouts. "Byun Baekhyun!" But the boy won't leave Luhan's side. Luhan doesn't like this kind of situation. He feels like Chil Hyun hates him so much. "Byun Baekhyun, go back to your room, NOW!" Chil Hyun raises his voice louder, but the boy frowns harder and glare at the tall doctor. 

Chil Hyun harshly grabs Baekhyun's arm and drags him out from the room. "Let me go!!" Baekhyun struggles as he tries to let himself free from Chil Hyun's strong grip. "Oh god, hyung!" Ryeowook follows the two of them behind, leaving only Luhan and his doctor, Yunho who is in charge of taking care of him. "Hey," Yunho says awkwardly as he approaches the little boy whom expression is fading away. "Hey, it's okay," Yunho kneels in front of him, "Everything is fine now." 

Little Luhan sheds a tear as he looks into the man's eyes. Behind those glasses, there is a pair of concern eyes of Jung Yunho. "Hey, aww sweetheart, it's okay now. Come here," Yunho gives the little boy a warm hug. "Don't mind what the tall doctor said, okay? He's just...over-protective sometimes," he sighs as he listens to the boy sobs and he would pats his back. "Will Baekhyun be alright?" Luhan sobs in his embrace. "He will be alright, sweetheart," Yunho says. But he is actually not alright. 

"Hyung, you should calm down," Ryeowook exclaim. "You know you are NOT allowed to even walk out to the surveillance room without MY permission! Which part that you don't understand?!" Chil Hyun shouts as soon as they got into Baekhyun's room. Baekhyun looks at him with a shocked expression. "You are grounded for three days, Byun Baekhyun! No supper, no jajangmyun, no puddings!" Chil Hyun shouts again and little Baekhyun starts to get teary. "I don't care!!" Baekhyun shouts back. 

Chil Hyun takes a very deep breath, completely fed up with everything that happened today. "Go to bed," Chil Hyun says as he walks towards the door, getting out from the room. "I HATE YOU!" Baekhyun cried out. Chil Hyun ignores him and walks out from the room, Ryeowook follows him out. "Hyung, you don't have to be so harsh on him. He's just a little boy," Ryeowook says, only to receive a cold glare from Chil Hyun. "That is not just a little boy. That is Byun Baekhyun. MY patient!" Chil Hyun shouts as he sits on the couch in the surveillance room. He looked miserable. So miserable. Something must be disturbing his mind today. 

"Hyung," Ryeowook sits next to him. "I don't want to lose him, Ryeowook," Chil Hyun says as he places his palms to his face. "Hyung, is everything alright?" Ryeowook asks softly. "Tomorrow," Chil Hyun mumbles, "Tomorrow is his death anniversary." Ryeowook blankly look at him. "My brother." He mumbles again but Ryeowook could hear him clearly. Ever since Ryeowook is assigned to work in the Paranormal Activity Department at the age of ten, he had heard so many rumors and back-talkings about Chil Hyun's brother. Some says he died in an accident, and some says he died due to an unwanted mistake that happened during a surgery. 

Whatever happened to Chil Hyun's brother, it truly disturbed him. More on, it is his death anniversary tomorrow. "I don't know what happened to your brother, hyung. But you shouldn't be that harsh to Baekhyun," Ryeowook says as he looks at the computer screen where it shows little Baekhyun crying at the corner. Chil Hyun feels pricked as he looked at the crying boy. "He just wanted a friend. And you should be the one who understand him more than anyone else does," Ryeowook says as he leaves the room, he thought that it might be the best for them to have their own time with each other. Chil Hyun better apologize, or else. 

Chil Hyun turns the doorknob and walks inside Baekhyun's room. "Hey," he walks with tiny steps towards the boy. "Baekhyun," he calls out. The nearby sofa suddenly flipped, it must be Kris. "Baekhyun honey, I." A chair is thrown to his legs, making him whimper in pain. Kris must be angry too. "Baekhyun, listen." Baekhyun stays silent while sobbing in his blanket. Kris kept throwing hard things at the doctor to avoid him going any near to Baekhyun. Chil Hyun hurts his feelings, a little boy. 

Another chair is thrown to Chil Hyun's shoulder, making him gasp in pain. Baekhyun sits as soon as he heard Chil Hyun's gasp, "Stop it, Kris!" He hated Chil Hyun, true, but he can't bear to see the man who had been looking after him suffer because of his abilities. He looks at the doctor who is approaching him. He frowns, "I hate you." Chil Hyun sits on his bed. "I don't want to talk to you. I hate you," says Baekhyun while slapping Chil Hyun with his tiny palms. But he stopped as soon after Chil Hyun wraps him in his arms. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, sweetheart," Chil Hyun says softly, coaxing the little boy. "I hate you," little Baekhyun says, his voice is shaking as if he's going to cry anytime soon. "I know, I hate myself for treating you that way too." Chil Hyun softly draws circle on Baekhyun's back. "I'm just scared of losing you," Chil Hyun says, "I love you, Baekhyun." He pecks the boy's head and Chil Hyun noticed Baekhyun's tears that flowed down to his puffy small cheeks. "I'm sorry, okay, sweetheart?" he apologizes and Baekhyun nods. 

He sighs of relief, "Let's go eat froyo tomorrow along with Luhan, how's that?" And the boy frees himself from Chil Hyun's embrace. Baekhyun's face glows with excitement, "Really?! Froyo?! With Luhan?!" And the doctor just nods and smiles while he watches the boy jumps in excitement. He is going to eat froyo, means he's going outside. The outside world. The fresh air. What makes it better is that he's going to eat froyo with his new friend, Luhan. 

_______________________________

Baekhyun is jumping in excitement as he waited for Chil Hyun to open the door. "Hyung!! Let's go now!!" he shouts excitedly. Chil Hyun who was sleeping got shock by his shout and he gets up immediately. "Hyung! Open up the door! Let's go out!!" Chil Hyun stretches as he listens to his shouting. He yawns and his eyes search for his assistant, Ryeowook. "Open the door!!" Baekhyun shouts while banging the door. "Alright, alright." And he unlocks the door and Baekhyun jumps at him. 

The doctor gives him a warm and tight morning hug, "Good morning." He pecks the boy's cheek which made him giggle. "You're up early today, Baekhyun, it's still," he looks over at the clock on the wall, "it's still eight in the morning." He yawns again but the boy won't stop jumping everywhere. "Let's go eat froyo! With Luhan!" Chil Hyun chuckles, "Good Gracious, Baekhyun, it's eight in the morning. The shop is not yet open." He sits on the couch and starts to close his eyes. 

"But you promised me," Baekhyun frowns and Chil Hyun sighs. He never made a promise with the boy, though. "But it's eight in the morning, honey," Chil Hyun repeats and the boy frowns harder. Without a knock, Ryeowook walks inside and notices Baekhyun's expression. "Good morning, prince. Why the long face?" Ryeowook brushes Baekhyun's hair, "Oh, and hyung! Let's go out for a walk. Along with Yunho-sunbae and little Luhan." And Baekhyun's face glows in excitement. 

Chil Hyun glares at Ryeowook. He haven't had a nice sleep and now, Ryeowook is inviting him for a morning walk. "Come on," Baekhyun holds his hand and stares at him. He is giving out his puppy eyes. Ryeowook raises his eyebrows when he looked at him and the doctor gives out a long sigh. "Alright, alright, let's go," he stands up and Baekhyun hugs Chil Hyun's legs. As he was about to run out to Luhan's room, Chil Hyun caught his hand, "Whoa there, young man." Baekhyun looks at him with a confused look. 

"You can't go out from this room without me and you know that." Baekhyun just replies, "Oh." Chil Hyun holds his tiny hands, "Listen here, Baekhyun, we're going out. The outside world. There will be so many people. So many trees and pretty things. I know you're excited, I am too. But, Baekhyun," he looks into the little boy's eyes earnestly, "Do control your powers. Do control Kris. And please, do not leave my side or Ryeowook. Promise me." Baekhyun nods, "I promise." And that made Chil Hyun smiled, "Let's go." 

_______________________________

Even though Chil Hyun decided to bring Baekhyun and Luhan out from the building sincerely, he still thinks this is a bad idea. Luhan just got registered yesterday and he still has no control of his ability that might kill anyone at anytime. Chil Hyun reminds his assistant and the doctor who is in charge of Luhan, Dr. Yunho to be careful to not make Luhan angry or depressed or sad, or else Luhan might lose control of his power and do the same thing like he did yesterday. 

He sighs as he watches the two young boys chasing each other at the park while Ryeowook and Yunho are jogging. Well, Chil Hyun is just chillin' on the bench nearby and won't stop yawning. "HYUNG! Come on, join us!" Ryeowook shouts from afar. Chil Hyun squints his eyes to look at the four of them, "Nah! I'm fine!" He stands up and walks himself to the nearby restroom. He thought that he should washes his face to freshen up. He stopped when he overheard a loud conversation from a group of kids next to the restroom building. They look like they are around Baekhyun's age or younger. 

"Do Kyungsoo is a weird kid! You're a weird kid!" teases a thin boy at another boy who looks smaller than him. He has big eyes and heart-shaped lips. "I'm not weird," the big-eyed boy stood up for himself but the others won't stop teasing. "Then, tell me why are you always alone and why nobody wants to be your friend?" Another kid teases. "That's because you're weird and nobody likes you!" the thin boy responds. And the whole group, except for the big-eyed boy, laugh hysterically. Chil Hyun frowns and whispers to himself, "Kids these days." 

He continues to walk in the restroom until he heard a loud bang and a slight earthquake follow after. "What the hell," Chil Hyun hurriedly runs out and his eyes are fixed to the group of kids. All of them are laying on the ground helplessly and some of them passed out, except for the big-eyed boy. On the ground where the big-eyed boy is standing, there are a lot of cracks. Trees' branches nearby nearly broke and the metal fences next to them are bend. 

"No way," Chil Hyun whispers and the big-eyed boy heard him. His eyes are filled with anger but in the same time his expression shows that he is scared. "Hey," Chil Hyun tries to approach the little boy but he runs away the fastest he can. Chil Hyun walks back to the group of four. They had already stopped jogging and now enjoying ice-creams. "Where did you go, hyung?" Baekhyun asks innocently. "Huh? Oh. I went to the restroom." And Baekhyun nods. 

He is still dumbfounded. Could the boy be one of those who has special abilities like Baekhyun and Luhan? If not, what was all that force he used just now? It wouldn't be earthquake for no reason and in all of sudden. "Hey guys, um, did you guys feel any slight earthquake just now or did any of you heard a loud bang?" Chil Hyun asks in curiosity. "Slight earthquake? No," Ryeowook says and the other three shook their heads too. "And we didn't hear any loud bang; well, maybe because we were buying ice-cream at the end of the park," Yunho responds. 

So, it couldn't be an earthquake if the others didn't feel it when they were in the same park. But what could it be? Who is that boy and what powers he has, actually? 


THIS IS STILL AN INTRODUCTION CHAPTER 

I will stop the introduction chapter as soon as Jongin joins the paranormal dept. 

AND SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING 

BECAUSE I THOUGHT NOBODY READS THIS STORY QAQ 

I'M SORRY I WILL UPDATE MORE FROM NOW ON <333333333

SUBSCRIBE! UPVOTE! COMMENT!