Final Chapter [Epilogue]- " Where There is Kyungsoo, There Will Always be Kai "

The Deal

 

 

 

"Kai, its time to go."Tao tapped Kai's back, he was holding an ambrella, it was actually raining as if the sky was mourning too. Kai was still standing in front of Kyungsoo, everybody left already aside from him and his friends who were always there to support him.

The ride home was very quite. Kai held Kyungsoo's portrait as he watch every infrastructure they pass by while the rain poured heavily .

He thought about a lot of things. He thought about the day he met Kyungsoo at the green soccer field where he stood awkwardly in front of him and how adorable he looked that time which catches Kai's attention. He remembered those pair of wide eyes that always traps  Kai's heart, those bright smile that Kyungsoo always flashes whenever his happy he almost look crazy, he remembered how warm and gentle Kyungsoo's hands that always touches his forehead calming him down whenever his temper snaps. He remembered how Kyungsoo would always stand in front of the crowd giving him the courage he needs whenever he dance on stage. he remembered their promise...

 

 

 

“Kai.”  Kyungsoo looked up and smiled as he touched Kai’s face.

“I’m glad we met.” Kyungsoo said out of nowhere.

He smiled his childish yet charming heart shaped lips making kai yearn to taste them.

"Thank you for teaching me things I never thought I would be able to know.”

Kai crooked his brow.

“Stop saying that hyung, you sound like your saying goodbye.”

“Silly, I’m not, but what if one day I die?" Kyungsoo held out his hands massaging Kai's crooked brow. It's a habit of his to rub the younger man's brow whenever his mood changes.

"Stop frowning."Kyungsoo smiled urging the other  to smile just like what always happens when kyungsoo pleads Kai  to avoid frowning and urges him to put a smile on his face instead. Kai finds it beyond his  capacity to go against his gentle lovers request. It's Kyungsoo' natural effect on Kai.

"It's not funny."Kai complained, he can't even imagine living without Kyungsoo.

"I just want to say how much thankful I am that I met you.” Kyungsoo rubbed his eye looking more cute and innocent in Kai’s eyes. Instead of answering, kai bent down and buried his head on the smaller boys neck hugging him tighter.

“If you die, I might just follow you.”Kai frankly stated looking straight into Kyungsoo's huge la,u eyes.

“Idiot! That’s suicide!” He touch Kai’s hair brushing it with his hand. “You’re supposed to live on just like what happens in the movies.” Kyunsoo chuckled. “ In the movies the other one who get’s to live continues on living for the sake of his lover who died, there memory will carry on as long as the other one is alive.”

“That’s why it’s called movies hyung, they’re plain fiction.” Kai answered still burying his face on the others neck.

“That’s why I want you to promise, that no matter what happens, even if we break up, or even if one of us dies, we must keep on living. Okay?” He paused. “We must continue on living as long as we are happy, we will live.”

“Promise me Kai?” Kyungsoo pulled Kai away from his hug and cupped his face.

”I promise. If you say so hyung.”

 

 

 

But you broke your promise to me Hyung, you promised to stay with me always, you promised to not leave me alone, to be together forever and you promised to see me today. All of it hyung, you'll never be able to fullfil them anymore.

You should probably feel sorry for not fullfilling them hyung, I feel sorry too hyung. I'm sorry but I had finally made my decision.

Hyung, will you let me break my promise too? You broke yours, and I think I can't fulfill mine either.

I forgive you for breaking your promise, will you forgive me too hyung?

Kai opened his right palm which was formed into a fist, a pair of couples ring was revealed. H was now alone at his place as he sat on his empty bed.This was the ring he was not able to give Kyungsoo during their first anniversary. He was too late. He will never be able to give it to him, Kyungsoo will never be able to wear it.

 He stared at his left hand which was also closed, as he opened it a tiny bottle appeared.He was keeping this tiny bottle for a long time now. In case he can't take the pain anymore. This tiny bottle has the capacity to take away all the pain he was suffering from. Without hesitation he opened the bottle and swallowed the capsules it contain.

He placed Kyungsoo's picture beside him which was Kyungsoo's spot on his bed.Gently he lay down on his bed as he grips tightly the ring he held so dear. He closed his eyes as he inhaled his last breath.

A tear fell from his eyes while he smiled.

Hyung, I did tried to fulfill my promise to you, I tried keep on living. But can't you see? I'm slowly dying too? A year without you was hell to me. I can't endure it anymore hyung. I missed you so damn much.

Hyung, you and I don't have to wait for a long time to see each other again. So don't go anywhere okay? I'll find you wherever you are. You don't have to be alone there.

 

 

By breaking my promise, I'll fulfill yours.

 

We'll always be together now. I promise.

 

 

"Where there is Kyungsoo, there will always be Kai."