Chapter 4- " Take a Chance "

The Deal

The day for the competition finally arrived and Kai's anxiousness faded just by seeing Kyungsoo sitting on the crowd. With passion and determination, Kai won first prize thanks to Kyungsoo's support who also got first in the singing category.

 

Their deal finally ended, but a new promising relationship begun.

 

A year had passed signalling their relationship went stronger and their bond tighter. The two might be absolutely opposite but just like the opposite poles of magnet they attract.

Kyungsoo understood Kai's indifference, that he is sometimes a frustrating man but Kyungsoo can't help it but love the guy even more. Kyungsoo often hangs out with Kai's friends. They would sometimes watch soccer match insides Kai's flat and the small boy would always be requested to cook for the guys. But the truth is, the soccer match was just actually their excuse to eat Kyungsoo's delicious cooking. Kai's friend would often joke around on how Kyungsoo puts up with his lovers temper.But what they don't know was Kai may be tough but he was always gentle when it comes to his Kyungsoo.

 

 

Every time the council president has many activities and work to be done, Kai would always be behind Kyungsoo helping and giving him moral and physical support. Where there is Kyungsoo, there will always be Kai.

 

The question whether their school actually knows about their affair remains unanswered,or maybe everyone already do know but pretends they don't. Kyungsoo was the type of person who ma look fragile but has a strong will to stand to his principles. He was not the type to be scared that his pure image get stained or ruin. At first it was tough, it would really stir up peoples mind why on earth do the student council president hangs out with the kai, the carefree i don't care who you are-student. But in the long run the image of the two being always together becomes a common view. Where there is Kyungsoo, there will always be Kai.

 

A letter inviting Kai to compete again in a national talent contest arrived. This was the most prestigious and promising talent contest in their country, that whoever wins get the chance to be a trainee or even debute as an artist in 3 different huge talent agency in Korea. YG, SM and JYP.

 

Kai's preparation for the incoming competition was even more difficult.This time he wanted to achieve something not only for him but also for Kyungsoo. He never wanted to dissapoint his lover though kyungsoo did not expect anything from him at all. Kai just wanted to make Kyungsoo happy. He wanted to prove that he is more mature now than before. That because of Kyungsoo he was able to find his dreams and his life's purpose.

The day for the elimination round came, Kai was selected in every round and all those time Kyungsoo never did once left his spot on the crowd.His simple smile from afar is enough strength for Kai.

 

The final round came, Kai was more optimistic in winning. When it was his turn to perform on stage the first thing he did was search for his lovers face,but what surprised him most was seated beside Kyungsoo was his father.

It never even entered his mind the thought that his father would show up.His father who was very busy in running their company to the extent that he never even paid attention to his traumatized son.

Kai was first confused as he looked at Kyungsoo’s eyes, he search for answers but was only answered by kyungsoo gaze as if it was telling him to do what he has to do first and ask what he was dying to know later. And that’s exactly what Kai did, he put aside all his worries and just let the music sink deep through his body and soul. His body moved naturally with every beat the music makes.

The competition finally ended with Kai being the top among them all. Now Kai was certain of what he wants to do in the future, and that is to become an artist. He was chosen by SM Company to be their trainee promising him to debut as a group in the future, Kai was thrilled by the offer and agreed to train in the company.

After the congratulations he received from the people around him Kai hurriedly run backstage knowing Kyungsoo was waiting in his dressing room, but no sign of Kyungsoo was seen as kai arrived.

Maybe something just came up, Im sure he'll show up any moment now. He said to himself. After a while of waiting Kai finally heard the door clicked open and Kyungsoo’s face showed and that’s when Kai noticed Kyungsoo was with someone.It was a his father.

Kyungsoo excused himself and left the two alone together to settle things. After a while of just staring at each other his father finally spoke.

"You've grown a lot." his father smiled. Kai was not pleased at all with his fathers unannounced visit. Kai treated his father coldly it was not long enough that his father went on asking for his son's forgiveness, saying he became indifferent after his wife died. He was so lonely that he ingulfed himself with his work without realizing that his one and only son was not only deprived of his mother but also his father.

Kyungsoo was the one who contacted Kai's father.

 

Kai was kind of pissed off, not with Kyungsoo but with himself. He doesn’t want to forgive yet his father, he was not yet ready.

 

 

 

 

"Your dad only wants to talk to you, stop giving him the cold shoulder Kai, he’s still you father." Kyungsoo pleaded.

 

"How many times do we have to argue about this damn thing?"Kai snapped."I don't want to fight with you okay? So please, stay out of this." Kai said as he rubbed his temple with his eyes closed. They were having their dinner at Kai's place when Kyungsoo opened the topic about Kai’s dad.

"How can I stay out of this when its about you? I care about you....that's why ."Kyungsoo calmly said.

"This is going nowhere." Kai stood up walking towards his room.

Kyungsoo also stood up and took long strides catching up with Kai.

 

Kyungsoo wraps his arms around kais waist. "Please? Try to open yout heart. Give it a try?" He pressed placed his right check at the others broad back.

"I… I can't." He sighed.

"You're running away again. I don't want to see you like this, just like before I met you. You are always running aroind in circles." Kyungsoo whimpered.

"I'll see you tommorow." Kai pulled Kyungsoo’s grip on his waist and walked towards his room.He opened the door and walked inside, resisting to turn around because the moment his eyes would see those wide eye of his lover he knew he can't say no anymore.

"I won't leave until you tell me you'll try and find it in your heart to talk to your father and listen to what he has to say." Kyungsoo shouted.

Kai did not answer and slumped on his bed then covered himself with the sheet.

"Kai?" Kyungsoo called but still no response was given.

Two hours had already passed yet Kyungsoo did not left his spot in front of the door.Feeling a little bit tired he rubbed his eyes and yawn.

Suddenly, he heard the door clicked open with Kai showing up.

 

"Damn it hyung."Kai clicked his tongue trying to look annoyed as he averted his eyes from the smaller boy who was staring up at him with a wide smile flashing on his face.

"What am I gonna do with you? You obstinate prick." Kai sighed in surrender and hugged Kyungsoo who was too tired to even reply.  He just smiled instead before falling asleep with the word "Thanks." escaping from his lips.

Kyungsoo know from that very moment, he won.

 

 

 

After a lot of self debate, Kai finally considered what his lover had been always asking him. It's also about time to settle things with his father.

Time heals all wounds, forgiveness was a long process, but with the help of Kyungsoo's advices and support the two finally reunited before Kai's father went back abroad.Kai's father was thankful to Kyungsoo who put up a lot of effort in resolving their father and son conflict, if Kai's father was aware of the two boys affair, that we cannot tell.