Chapter 5 - Promises are Meant to be Broken

The Deal

 

"Hyung! What are you doing here?" Kai walked closer towards his lover who was waiting for him to show up after he received a message telling him to meet at their favorite park on their favorite spot, the swing.

Kyungsoo was rocking himself back and forth as he struggles to touch his toes to the ground.Kai held the metal sling slowing it’s rocking back and forth. Kyungsoo looked up at the man towering him.

"Kai, you now it’s pretty cold outside, why aren't you even wearing warm clothes?"

Kai raised his brow when the other did not answered his question. "Who would think of that kind of things when you sent me a text message late at night to meet? I was worried okay?" kai keeled down.

"I knew that’s what you'd say."Kyungsoo chuckled and out of nowhere he wraps Kai's neck with the scarf he was holding. He knew Kai won't even bother to wear one so he specifically brought an extra. Kyungsoo touched gently Kai's face who was now gazing up at him.Slowly he planted a soft kiss on kai’s lips taking kai's breath away."Happy anniversary kai, I love you." Kyungsoo  said as they parted their lips.

Kai's face blushed,he instantly covered his face with his hand.”Silly, our anniversary is not until tomorrow.You should really check the credibility of you calendar.” Slowly he stood up as he regain his composure, he motioned Kyungsoo to stand up and the other followed.

“I know that but, I just have a feeling that I have to tell you now. You know, we have this urges, urges we can’t control.”Kyungsoo smiled, smokes are coming from his mouth as he opens it.

Kyungsoo almost gasped when out of nowhere Kai pulled him into a tight hug by his waist.

"Happy anniversary too hyung...and no words can make you understand what exactly I feel for you, but I'll just start defining it by I love you too." After what seems like forever of exchanging body heat Kai answered.

Kyungsoo also wrap his arms around the taller mans shoulder. He tiptoep to level up with his lovers’ height.

"Let's be like this forever." Kai said as he closed his eyes treasuring the moment.

Kyungsoo nodded. "You promise?" Kai reassured like a child.

"I promise, I promise to be with you forever."

 

 

 

Kai insisted that his lover must spend the night at his place, which the other simply nodded in agreement.

 

 

"Happy anniversary hyung!" A peck on Kyungsoo's lips woke him up from his deep sleep. He gently opened his eyes and the view of kai's smiling face welcomed his vision making his heart jump.He was persuaded by Kai to spend the night in his places, kyungsoo had no other choice but to call home and telling his mother that he’ll be sleeping at his friends place.

"Happy anniversary too Kai." Kyungsoo smiled and gently rubbed his eyes when he felt a cold object was stuck on his fingers.When he looked at his left hand he saw a plain silver ring on his ring finger.

"Whoah! It's beautiful!" His eyes shined as he studed the ring."Is this really mine?"

"Who else would it be? Silly!" Kai chuckled and ruffles the other boys hair. “I'm not really good with stuffs like this.I don't know exactly know what I should get for you that I almost spent the whole day walking around the mall, so I asked my friends help.

 Sehun said I should buy you stuff for ingredients and make you cook, Luhan said I should by you a ticket  cruise trip but I know you'll be busy with your graduation stuffs and the council and finally, hyung Xiumin said I should buy you a ring, so here it is." It was not only Kyungsoo who has the urge to surprise his partner, so it's exactly the real reason why kai wants the other boy to spend the night with him. He wanted to show his lover how much he treasures him. No matter how indifferent and ill tempered he may be it was only Kyungsoo who matters to him most.

Kyungsoo raised his hand observing the tiny ring.

"I also have mine." Kai awkwardly said as he raised the pendant on his necklace.Kyungsoo wondered why he did not even noticed the beautiful metal wrapping around Kai"s neck the entire night.

Kyungsoo touched the ring pendant and studied it with amazement.It's exactly the same as what  he has on his finger

 

"It's a couples ring." Kai said as he raised his hand and entertwined it with his lovers tiny fingers. It felt so right that every gap on his fingers fits perfectly with Kyungsoo's.

"I know I'm difficult to deal with, I'm moody,sometime childish and most of all...I'm obsessed with you hyung." Kai smirked making the other boy flash bright red from his lovers bold declaration.

"-But thank you, for giving my family back, for teaching me to forgive, for teaching my heart to open up. You don't know how special you are to me. Thank you for picking up my broken pieces and fixing me with your gentle and warm hands. Thank you for teaching me to be kind. I know,and everybody knows that I don't deserve you, but I'm a selfish bastard so I'm keeping you all to myself."Kai paused and flashed his smirk.

"Hyung," Kai paused.

"Kyungie-ah, thank you, for giving these...us a chance."Kai said looking straight at his lovers’ eyes as he tightens his grip on their intertwined hands. He was not the type to sweet talk but he found out its a thousand easier if you only listen to your heart and shut every conscious part of your whole being aside from it.

"I think I just said thank you a thousand times."Kai scratches his head awkwardly, kyungsoo can’t help but smile.

"Know what? I was gambling my faith the moment I first kissed you. I knew its either youkiss me back or punch my face." Kai smiled. His sharp eyes that always hypnotizes Kyungsoo never fails to do it again.

Kai bent his head lowering it until his forehead touches Kyungsoo's. He seductively gaze down at his lover. "So I gave it my all the first time I kissed you."Kai sheepishly grin.

Kyungsoo gasped."Yah! You seduced me!" His already huge eyes widens even more.

Kai chuckled. "But I thought you liked it?"

"I do not!"Kyungsoo blushed.

A moment of silence passed when kai did not respond instead they ended up staring at each other passionately, Kyungsoo cupped Kai's face with his free hand and planted a very soft kiss on his lovers lips. "No words can define how thankful I am that I met you too. I love you.".Kyungsoo said with a smile on his lips.

"I love you more." Kai pulled the other boy into a hug."I don't know if I can live without you."He rested his chin above kyungsoo's head as the other buried his face in Kai's broad tanned chest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The rain poured slowly, only the loud hiss that it creates and the cool breeze woke up Kai's sleeping soul. He ran his hands through the sheets expecting to find someone with him but ended up dissapointed. Hewas exppecting to wake up with his boyfriend on his bed, to see his lover with his lazy swollen wide eyes, his heart shaped lips and his messy bed hair.But Kyungsoo being Kyungsoo, the early riser and the unpredictable awkward at the same time charming boy already left without waking up Kai.

Kai stood up lazily and nearly tripped on the scattered bottles of beer on the floor. He took his phone and dialed the only digits he memorized ever in his entire life, but no one answered.He kept dialling but the tone saying no one was willing to pick it up kept on ringing. Feeling annoyed from the idea that he can't hear his lovers voice, kai stormed towards the bathroom and took a bath. Today is their first anniversary and they both agreed to spend their anniversary together and Kai would not want to be late.

 

Sitting down at their favorite spot on the swing Kai waited patiently for a pair of wide eyed boy to show up as he rocked himself back and forth slowly.

 

"Kai? We've been looking everywhere for you."Sehun pops out of nowhere, he was wearing a formal tux. Sehun pulled out his phone and dialed some numbers and spoke incoherent words Kai has no interest in hearing, all he did was look up at his friend wondering why he was there.

"Sehun ah? Why are you here?" Kai raised a brow.

"That's what I should ask you" Sehun stood in front of kai and looked down upon him.

"What? "kai raised a brow. "I'm waiting for Kyungsoo, today is our first anniversary  in case you don't know. We have a date obviously. It's what normal people do, If you consider us normal."Kai joked.

But Sehun seems to not get the joke Kai threw at him, instead he looked down at kai with a pity look in his eyes.

"Kai, today is not your first anniversary,..

-it's your second and...-"He paused.

 

 

"-Kyungsoo will never come."