A new life

Bets and Nerds

-A couple of years later-

 

"Hurry mommy, dad's waiting for us outside now." A little girl annoyingly shouted her little lungs out for her mother to hear her. She took a glance on the ground and saw a ball. She smiled and ran towards it accidentally kicking it towards the road. She stopped running and looked at the ball that was in the middle of the road.

 

Just get the ball Sae Ra. She looked back at the house and saw her father standing there. She shrugged her shoulders and walked towards the ball, she didn't notice a car that was about to hit her.

 

The car honked at her several times, she remembers this story. This also happened to one of her parent's friends. The car was about to hit her, she closed her eyes and was getting ready for impact but a pair of arms carried her and jumped out of the way. She opened her eyes only to see a strange man wearing a cap smiling at her. He was handsome in her opinion just like her father.

 

"Sae ra!" Suddenly, a manly voice interrupted their eye contact, he removed the kid from the man's hold and hugged the kid. "What happened?" he asked as he checked on the little girl's body for any wounds.

 

Sae ra giggled, "I'm fine daddy. Where's mommy?"

 

"Mommy Yoong's about to go down. Geez, she took half the day to get ready." Seohyun rolled his eyes and chuckled. Then, he saw the strange man that just saved their daughter walking away from them. He let go of Sae ra, "Wait here, I'll just thank the man that saved you a while ago." He smiled and ruffled the little girl's hair.

 

Seohyun jogged his way towards the man and he somehow looks familiar to him. He stopped as he widened his eyes, and the strange man also stopped. It was the man that almost married Yoona a couple of years back. He clenched his fists and sighed. Do I really need to thank him? He took a deep breath and grabbed the man's shoulders then turned him around. Donghae.

 

"H-Hey, uhm.. I just want to thank you for saving my daughter." Seohyun cleared his throat as he fiddled with her fingers. Donghae just looked at him with a flat face.

 

Looking at Donghae now, he really looks wasted and broke. Heck, he even smells like alcohol.

 

"No problem." Donghae simply replied and started to turn on his heel to walk away from Seohyun. The latter grabbed him by the shoulders again and sighed heavily, as if to say something important.

 

"Whaat?!" Donghae asked with a slight raise in his voice.

 

Seohyun looked at him with a flat face. "Look, Yoona and I are married now and we have a kid named Sae ra.." He paused as he looked at Donghae who was intently listening to him "..i'm not telling you to stay away from them nor let them see you again. What i'm saying is that if you ever have a plan of ruining our family again, I'll make sure you end up in jail."

 

Donghae let out a sound that was between a scoff and a laugh. "I didn't come back to ruin your family. I came back to see how Yoona is.."

 

Seohyun furrowed his eyebrows.

 

"I know you two are married. Come on, it was all over the news! Who wouldn't know that?" Donghae chukled again and patted Seohyun's shoulder, "I came back to say sorry to you when I saw the kid in the middle of the road so I grabbed her and saved her from the car. When you came out, I chickened out so I walked away not bothering to even say 'hi' to you."

 

"So you came back to say sorry?"

 

Donghae nodded his head. "Yep. So, I'm sorry for all my wrong doings a couple years back. I guess what I have done to you is taking it's toll on me now. I'm jobless, homeless and loveless."

 

Seohyun looked at him in sympathy. Well, helping an old enemy wouldn't hurt right? He furrowed his eyebrows as he examined Donghae from head to toe then smiled. "Well, Mr. Lee, I really need a secretary and I think you'll be perfect for that position."

 

Donghae's face lit up. "W-What? Are you sure? I mean, I almost married Yoona and I almost killed you years back and now you're giving me a second chance?" he asked in disbelief.

 

Seohyun chuckled. "Everyone deserves a seconnd chance but only few of us are given. I guess one of those lucky ones is you. Yes, I'm giving you a chance. I want your resume in my office first thing in the morning tomorrow. I'll see you mr. Lee, my wife is probably looking for me now."

 

Donghae smiled and bowed several times to his old enemy, or.. His new boss by tomorrow. "T-Thank you Seohyun.."

 

"Your welcome Mr. Lee. Remember, resume.tomorrow.my office."

 

 

A few meters away from them was Yoona and Sae ra smiling at the scene.

 

"Mommy, who was that?" Sae ra asked innocently.

 

"That's an old friend of ours, Sae ra." Yoona answered with a smile.

 

"Hey. You ready?" Seohyun asked as he arrived at where Yoona and Sae ra is. Yoona nodded and smiled at him.

 

"That was a nice thing to do Seo. I'm so proud of you." Yoona said as she gave a peck on Seohyun's chubby cheek. The latter grinned.

 

"Just a peck?" He asked in a cute tone. Yoona rolled her eyes and shook her head.

 

"You'll sleep on the couch tonight Seo."

 

Seohyun pouted. "Wae?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kim Taeyeon and Kim Lami! Look at what you've done to MY office!" Tiffany's loud voice echoed throughout the room. She swears she fixed the papers that were on her table before she went out of her office and after Taeyeon and Lami went inside.

 

The restroom door opened revealing a giggiling little girl and a reddened fluffy guy. Tiffany's eyes softened seeing how cute those two were but she would not let her guard down. She put her hands on her waists and raised an eyebrow at the two. "Explain."

 

Taeyeon looked at her with puppy eyes, "Uhm.. The wind blew the papers away?" and there you have it, the lamest excuse that came from a former nerd.

 

"Yeah mom, the wind blew it." Lami is such a supporting daughter. Taeyeon and the daughter did a discreet low five but was still visible in Tiffany's eyes.

 

"Kim.Tae.Yeon.and.Kim.La.Mi" She said in a dangerously husky voice that sent shivers down Taeyeon and Lami's spine.

 

"Eer.. Fany-ah. Uhm, I think gramps called me awhile ago and told me to meet him now, as in right now." Taeyeon smiled awkwardly and quickly carried Lami out of the flaring Tiffany's office.

 

"Yah!!!!! Come back here you two! Aish." Tiffany massaged her temples and lifelessly sat down on the swivel chair. She smiled, she has a perfect life now. A handsome husband and a cute little daughter. Maybe they didn't succeed in making twins just like what she wanted but atleast they have Lami now. She was about to go back to work when Jessica and Yuri came in with a little boy in Yuri's arms.

 

"Good afternoon Hwangie, I mean Kimmie!" Jessica said in a rather loud and high pitched tone. She sat on the chair infront of Tiffany's office table and smiled.

 

"What do you want Kwonnie?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Oh nothing.. Where are you're kids?" Jessica asked with a raised eyebrow. She looked a round and saw no one but Yuri and Jae hwa playing.

 

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows, as far as she knows she only has one daughter and that is Lami. "Uhm.. We only have one kid." she said. Jessica chuckled.

 

"What about you kid-like husband Kim Taeyeon?" It was now Yuri's turn to tease.

 

Tiffany's mouth formed into an 'O' shape. Yeah, she remembers her kiddie husband whom she loves dearly. "They went out because I was about to lash my anger towards them for scattering my office papers inside the office awhile ago."

 

Jessica squealed like a little girl ,"That's the cutest thing ever!"

 

Tiffany narrowed her eyes, "Are you teasing me Kwon Jessica Jung?"

 

"Nope. But nevermind." Jessica was about to laugh when the door opened, revealing Seohyun, Yoona and Sae ra. Jessica and Tiffany squealed as they ran towards the couple and engulfed them into a big hug.

 

"Okay Stephanie, Call your husband and daughter then tell them to go here now. N.O.W now."

 

"Let them.. I'm sure they're probably planning a surprise for me as a peace offering." TIffany said while giggling. "So, how are you Seohyun and Yoona?"

 

"We're fine. Really fine.." Yoona answered.

 

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows, "You seem.. happy beyond words. Is something up?"

 

Seohyun and Yoona looked at each other and smiled. "We saw Donghae awhile ago."

 

Yuri stopped playing with Jae hwa and faced the couple. "You saw Donghae?" he asked with a slight raise in his voice.

 

Seohyun nodded like a little kid.

 

"And you're happy with it?" Tiffany asked, not believing the couple.

 

Yoona stood up and held Tiffany and Jessica's hands "Unnies, he said sorry and Seohyun already forgave him."

 

Tiffany, Jessica and Yuri's eyes widened. "Whaaaat!!!????"

 

Seohyun chuckled, "Everybody deserves a second chance."

 

"But then again, giving someone a second chance is like giving them another bullet because they missed you the first time." Suddenly, another voice was heard. It was Taeyeon, he walked towards Tiffany and wrapped an arm around her waist.

 

"Chances are there not just to correct mistakes but to determine worth." Seohyun countered. "Look, I gave him a second chance to prove his worth. He's homeless, jobless and loveless so I gave him a job."

 

"Ugh. I can't even!.. Ugh." Yuri groaned and sat down on the couch.

 

"Hyung, he saved Sae ra from almost being hit by a car awhile ago."

 

Everyone grew silent.

 

"So, I thought I would give him a job as payment. What he's done to me in the past is taking it's toll on him now, and I thing he's had enough"

 

Taeyeon and Yuri sighed. "Fine."

 

Tiffany and Jessica giggled seeing the sulking husbands. They sat beside the two and gave a peck on their lips. Taeyeon and Yuri grinned.

 

"Okay. Okay. That's enough.. We need to go to Sunny and Sooyoung's engagement party!" Seohyun said as he rolled his eyes. He didn't want the kids to see their parents' public display of affections.

 

"Oh yeah.. So bunny finally accepted Sooyoung's proposal?" Taeyeon asked in a teasing tone although Sunny isn't inside the office. Yuri also grinned.

 

"Yeah.. At first, she didn't want to because Sooyoung's too young for her. After a couple of years, poof! They're engaged." Jessica answered in an almost sarcastic tone. The six of them laughed and stood up, grabbing their things to go to their friend's engagement party.

 

Some can say that they already have a perfect life but no. There's no fun in a perfect life, sometimes, you have to take risks and chances. Go where the wind takes you and have fun. Life seems never the way we want it, but we must live it the best we can. There's no such thing as a perfect life, but there is a life filled with perfect moments.

 

After the challenges they've been through, it's now time for them to start another chapter, another life. A new one.


This is going to be the last chapter.

Ah, my first story finally

reached it end, I'm gonna

miss this story and

of course all the readers that

supported this story until the end.

Thank you guys!

I hope you also support my other stories :)

BYE! Cookie's out!

 

Note:

Lol, the 'Kim Lami' part. Yeah, I can't

think of other names

so I put SMRookies'

'Lami' as Taeny's daughter since

she has a chin dimple like

Taeyeon. xDD.

 

Cookie's ongoing stories

My Baby-sitter

and

Transhuman