Three.

My Dark Angel

A/N: Sorry for late post. Better late than never right?    Remember Purple = Hana's thoughts .... Red = Jonghyun's thoughts .... Blue = Minho's thoughts.

 

 

“We just recently became a couple.” He answered proudly.

“Let me give you a tip about this one.” She offered gesturing for him to come closer. “Serenade her as much as possible. She loves that.” halmeoni answered before exiting the elevator.

Jonghyun chuckled and stepped off as well. Hana stood there in the elevator frozen. He turned around and pulled her along.

“Jagiyah kaja.” He said reaching for her hand and leaving the building.

“YAH! Kim Jonghyun!” she yelled. “Why would you tell halmeoni we’re a couple when we’re not?” she asked allowing herself to be pulled by Jonghyun. His hands are so big compared to mine, she thought.

“I don’t know.” He said not really sure why he himself did that. “Kaja!” he yelled pulling her harder trying to change the subject.

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, welcome to Starbucks. What would you like to order?” asked the cashier.

Jonghyun turned to looked at Hana and saw her smiling while reading the menu. I want a bagel. I want a bagel. I want a bagel…with cream cheese!

She’s so cute. He said in his mind.

“We’ll take 2 bagels with cream cheese, an Americano, and a…”

Please say chocolate mocha, please say chocolate mocha.

“…a chocolate mocha.” He finished off smirking.

The cashier nodded and put in the order. Hana stood there mouth agape completely shocked. “How…How…d-did you-”

“Lucky guess.” He simply answered grabbing her hand pulling her towards him to allow the next customer to order.

“You are amazing.”

 

 

Finally arriving to the campus after their little breakfast date, they stepped out of his car walking to the campus. Hana really enjoyed spending time with Jonghyun. And Jonghyun would only get more and more fond of her after every moment he spent with her.

“HANA!” she heard Minho’s voice yell from afar. Turning around quickly, he hair accidently fell out of the makeshift bun she had created earlier in the café.

Jonghyun was mesmerized at how her long brown wavy bounce with every step she took. But when she saw that Hana jumped into Minho’s arms he instantly grew more annoyed.

“Oppa! *giggles* You can put me down now.”

“Did you have fun without me this morning?” he asked pouting.

“I did have fun…..but I missed you.”

“Good.”

Minho looked both ways looking for someone. “Where’s Jonghyun?” he asked confused. “I thought you came with him.”

“What?” she asked turning around noticing he had disappeared. “He was just here.”

“Whatever. Kaja.” Said Minho pulling her along.

 

 

 

“Good morning class. We’ll be starting on a new proj-” the professor explained but Hana’s attention was somewhere else…specifically, someone else.

Jonghyun was so lost in jealousy in his own mind that he didn’t even bother to listen to her thoughts. He thought that Hana could care less about him. That he was just some guy, she had happened to meet along the way. That he was nothing.

Hana tried to get his attention. She tried staring at him, hoping he would feel it, she tried dropping her pencil, she even had texted him, but nothing had worked. He was lost in his own mind.

On the other hand, Minho was witnessing the whole thing unravel. He listened to her thoughts and saw how she tried to get his attention. All these years I’ve protected you knowing this would happen….yet I can’t seem to let you go.

 

 

 

“Okay class, now get into groups of 5 and start distributing the duties for the project. Remember everyone must put in their part, and this counts at 1/3 of your final grade.”

Everyone started to separate into groups. Three girls had pulled Jonghyun along without him even noticing, and being preoccupied herself, Hana had followed suit. Minho was left watching as she continued to make her way towards the devil himself.

“Jonghyun oppa.” Said one of the girls. “Don’t worry, we’ll do the project and you can sit and relax.”

“Oppa, let’s meet up after school.” Said the shorted girl with bottle blonde hair.

“Saranghae oppa.” Said the tallest girl admiring the view of his perfectly sculpted face.

“Jonghyun.” Said Hana. Almost instantly, he awoke from his thoughts and turned to look at her. “Are you okay? You just disappeared earlier.” She with a sweet yet worried filled voice.

“Ne.” he answered still shocked that she was there sitting in front of him.

“Good. Should we get started on the project?” she asked to the whole group.

He just nodded not really knowing what for. Hana naturally became the leader and distributed the parts, explained what to do, and had set up time and dates to meet up to discuss the paper. By the end of the class, all three girls were pissed off that they didn’t get Jonghyun’s number. But Hana, already knowing their track history, decided they would all communicate with her and that she would update the rest.

Jonghyun was captivated by Hana. He had never seen this side of her. He loved the way she naturally took control of the situation. He loved this new found side of Hana in control.

“Hana?” he called out as they were picking up their belongings.

“Hmmm.”

“Ani. Nothing. Forget it.”

“Jonghyun-ah, why did you leave earlier?”

“Oh that, it was nothing. I just didn’t want to be late.” He lied.

“You could’ve just told me. I was worried something had happened.” She said sighing in relief.

“You were worried?” he asked a bit shocked.

“Of course. You just disappeared out of nowhere. I thought someone had kidnapped you. But when I saw you in class, I was relieved. But then you ignored me. I thought I did something wrong.”

“ANI! You didn’t do anything wrong. It was just me. Don’t worry.”

“Oh okay! Kaja, Minho must be waiting.” She said happily dragging him along.

But the mention of Minho hadn’t erased the smile that was plastered on his face. She’s holding my hand, he thought.

Hana dragged him along to a café on campus. Minho had already been waiting for the two while sipping on an Americano.

“Minho oppa!” she yelled cutely wrapping her delicate arms around his neck surprising the older male to the point he almost spit out his drink. “Yah! You scared me.”

“Oh.” She said giggling. They stared there in eye contact for a few seconds before they heard a scoff from behind. Turning around, Hana saw Jonghyun standing there with an annoyed face.

“Jonghyun-ah, come sit with me.” She offered gesturing towards the two empty chairs in the table. Grunting in annoyance, he dragged his feet to the chair and sat down like a tantrum filled child.

“So, Minho oppa, how did your group go?” she asked looking through the menu.

“They’re good, I guess. Half of them are top students.”

“Lucky. I got stuck with the three stooges and him.” She answered pitiful.

“HIM?!” said Jonghyun shocked and offened.

“Oops, I mean the three stooges and Jonghyun.”

“Hmph.”

“That should be interesting.” Minho commented while chuckling. Jonghyun glared at Minho while Hana just tittered at the situation.

“You guys seem to hate each other, yet you don’t know each other.” She said not understanding.

“I know exactly who he is.” Said Minho sipping on his coffee.

“How? I never see you two talking.”

“It’s instinct.” Said Jonghyun gaining her attention.

Hana sat there trying to figure it out, but quickly gave up.

*ring ring*

Han pulled out her phone from her purse and answered.

“Yoboseyo?”

So what do you know about me?

I know everything about you.

And that is…

Kim Jonghyun, born April 8, 1990, age 23. Has a mother, and noona name Sodam. You have a pet daschund named Roo. You never went to kindergarten and you can’t ride a bike. You are a sweet a caring guy. You want to wear couple t-shirts with your future girlfriend. And you take pride in the way you look, and continue to keep a masculine image.

I know much more, but it’ll only scare you.

“Mianhe. I have to go. The professor wants to discuss something with me. I’ll see you later. I think I’ll be late to my next class, so Jonghyun, can you take notes for me.”

“Ah…ne.”

“Gomawo.”

She quickly got up and ran like lightening to the class.

“It’s not fair.” Jonghyun said out of random.

“What is?” asked Minho already knowing his answer.

“You know everything about me, and I know nothing about you.”

“You don’t need to know anything about me. I’m just a friend to your mission. I can’t stop you or it’ll change your fate. So I must let it be.”

“Even if I were to hurt Hana, you still wouldn’t try to stop me.”

“Ne. I know for I fact you’ll end up hurting her some way, but instead of stopping you, I’ll be there as comfort. My duty isn’t to save her from the things that’ll happen…it’s to help fate continue as how it is planned.”

“How will I hurt her?” Jonghyun asked in a dreadful way not really wanting to hurt her.

“You will know soon…but I must attend to other things. I wish you the best.”

With that, Minho got up from his seat and walked away in the midst of the students.

You wish me the best? What’s that supposed to mean?

 

 

 

“Thank you professor.” I said bowing and exiting the classroom.

Instead of heading to my next class, I went the other direction heading outside the campus. Walking a few blocks, I made it to the bus stop. Taking a seat, I thought about what the professor told me.

“Hana, this week you are excused from all classes.”

“Why?”

“For you volunteer service, you will raising a child. This child is from the Happy Endings Orphanage. He doesn’t seem to socialize well with other children and stranger. So putting him in a household with someone new will help him adapt better and have a higher chance for adoption. Is it okay with you?”

“Of course. This will really help me gain more skills to become a kindergarten teacher. And if it’ll help him, I will do it.”

“Great. Here is the address.” He said handing a business card. “When you arrive they will run background check and you must sign a few forms. Once that is done, you may take him home and start with the program.”

“Okay. I will leave immediately.”

I hope he likes me… and he’s cute.

 

 

 

Finally, arriving at the orphanage… She walked along the sidewalk already seeing all the children of all ages outside doing their own thing. The toddlers were on the front porch placing with their toys under the watchful eye of the adults. The smaller children up to ten years were playing around on the playground, sandbox, or in the patches of flowers. The pre-teens were walking around chit chatting about who knows what. And the teens were studying, chatting, or flirting with the guys.

Stepping foot on the front yard, she was noticed by one of the workers watching the toddlers. “Excuse me, may I help you.”

“Annyeonghaseyo Choi Hana imnida.” She said give a full 90 degree bow.

“Ah yes! Come this way Hana.” Said the middle aged woman setting down a toddler on the floor. “Chohee-ah!” she yelled towards a group of teens. “Watch the children while I’m gone!” she yelled to a short haired girl around age 16.

“Neh!” the girl yelled back running towards the toddlers.

Leading Hana into the big old house, she spoke to Hana about some things about the paperwork. The ajumma led Hana into a small office.

“These are the files. I already done a background check on you…and might I say, you are quite the student.”

“Thank you ma’am.”

“Okay, just sign here please.”

Signing the papers Hana had started to get excited. The big smile on her face and gleaming eyes did nothing in hiding her anticipation.

“Great!” the lady said clapping her hands. “Oh wait, I almost forgot. Did your professor tell you this program works in partners?”

“No, he didn’t.”

“He must’ve forgotten. He is pretty old.” Hana giggled agreeing to that. Her professor was about 70 years old.

“Anyway, there was actually another student your professor suggested. He is majoring in music production, so I was a bit confused as to why he suggested him. But he said that he thought it would be good for him to interact with children to learn patience.”

“That makes sense.” Hana said in understanding. “Who is it?”

“He’s actually in your class. His name in Kim Jonghyun.”

Hana was completely surprised that she had said Jonghyun’s name. “Really? Jonghyun? That’s so unexpected.”

“Well then I hope you guide him well.”

“I will.”

“Great. Let’s go meet the little one.”

 

 

“This is Mason Moon.” Said the lady introducing the toddler to Hana.

“Annyeong Mason!” Hana said happily while squatting down to his level to wave. “My name is Hana. You can call me noona.”

“Annyeong.” He said shyly looking down and hiding behind the lady’s legs.

“Mason, you’ll be going Hana noona. You’ll be staying with her for a week. You’ll have a lot of fun.”

“I don’t want to.” He said pouting trying to look mad, but failed because of his overpowering cuteness.

“I think you do. We’re gonna play games, go to the park, the zoo, eat pizza, and I have puppy you can play with.” Hana said trying to persuade the young boy.

“A puppy?” he asked looking up with excited eyes.

“Yes.”

“Noona, let’s go!” he said reaching for her hand and dragging the poor girl out the door.

 

 

Jonghyun POV

What Minho said really freaked me out. I got me thinking he really does know what’s going to happen. But what he said about Hana really got to me.

“You don’t need to know anything about me. I’m just a friend to your mission. I can’t stop you or it’ll change your fate. So I must let it be.”

“Even if I were to hurt Hana, you still wouldn’t try to stop me.”

“Ne. I know for I fact you’ll end up hurting her some way, but instead of stopping you, I’ll be there as comfort. My duty isn’t to save her from the things that’ll happen…it’s to help fate continue as how it is planned.”

“How will I hurt her?”

“You will know soon…but I must attend to other things. I wish you the best.”

“Jonghyun-shi.”

Looking up from my lap, I saw my professor. “You may come in now.” He said before turning around entering his office again. I wonder why he wanted to see me.

 

 

Hana POV

Mason is so cute. While on the bus, he kept chatting a storm. He little smile is so cute. He also speaks English. He is so adorable.

“Noona,” he called cutely. “Can we eat pizza tonight.” He asked

“Or course baby, anything for you.”

“Noona is the best!”

After a while we arrived at the stop, and we walked a few more blocks to my building. Entering the building, he ran straight to the elevator.

“Noona, what number do I press?”

After telling him the floor number, he excitedly pressed the button and rode the elevator. Making our way to my front door, someone was already there.

“Noona, who that ajusshi?” Mason asked glaring a bit.

“Be nice. He’s my friend.” I sat patting his head.

“What are you doing here?” I asked Jonghyun oppa while opening my front door.

Taking away Mason’s little suitcase, he placed it in the living room. “I’m here to help you raise the kid.”

“His name is Mason. Mason Moon.”

He was about to reply before Mason came in running with Butter in his little arms. He was smiling so big, it looked contagious. “I see you found Butter.”

“The puppy’s name is Butter?”

“Neh.”

“I love it!” he yelled sitting on the couch to play with her.

“Jonghyun oppa, isn’t he cute?”

“I guess.”

“C’mon. It’ll be fun.”

“Fine, but did the teacher tell you with who he wants to stay with?”

“I think he’d like it better with me. Why?”

“Because he told me that we all have to stay in the same house together.”

WHAT THE HELL?

“Oh…why?”

“So he can get used to having both a mother and father figure.”

“Makes sense, but I don’t have enough room here. What do we do?”

“You can stay with me for the week.” He said smiling ever so perfectly. My heart suddenly started to beat rapidly when he said that.

“Okay, just let me tell Mason.”

Stepping away trying not trip from weak knees, I sat down next to Mason.

“Mason…” I called for him.

“Ne noona.”

“We’ll be staying with at my friend’s house.”

“I don’t want to.”

“Why sweetie?”

“Because then I won’t get to play with Butter.”

“We’re taking her with us. And if I’m not wrong, he has a puppy too.”

“You do?” Mason asked finally making eye contact with Jonghyun.

Jonghyun fidgeted a bit before answering him yes. “Hyung! Let’s go!” yelled Mason leading him out the door.

Seeing him get pulled by Mason made me giggle. I wonder how this week is gonna go by. Just thinking about being in the same house with Jonghyun makes butterflies in my stomach.

How can I feel this way about him so fast? Usually it takes me months before I start liking the guy. Wait a minute!

 

Do I have feelings for Jonghyun oppa?