Two.

My Dark Angel

A/N: For those who forgot, Purple is Hana thoughts, Red is Jonghyun's thoughts, and Blue is Minho's thoughts.....

Remember to comment!!!

-PJ16

 


 

Chapter 2

 

There they were enjoying a passionate kiss next to the Han River under the moonlight.

5 minutes later…

There they were sitting awkwardly on the bench next to the Han River under the moonlight.

Why did I tell him to kiss me?

Why did I like that kiss?

They were in an awkward silence for exactly 5 minutes, and Jonghyun’s awkwardness quickly turned into anger.

“Say something!!” he shouted standing up scaring the poor girl. “Sorry.” He mumbled sitting back down a little farther away than before.

“It’s okay … I think?” she whispered looking down at her hands.

“Hana!” shouted a voice a few meters away. Both Jonghyun and Hana turned to look, and almost on cue Minho showed up; clearly not surprising Jonghyun.

“Minho oppa! What are you doing here?” she asked running up to him with Jonghyun casually  and annoyed following.

“Your parents called. They’re worried sick about you. What happened?” he asked her.

Hana started to explain everything that happened from the restaurant to her running into Jonghyun.

Like you don’t know what happened, said Jonghyun to Minho in an unamused matter.

Shut up short stuff.

“YAH!!” Jonghyun yelled out of nowhere like a maniac that Minho had about his height.

Hana turned to look at him oddly and Minho struggle to hide his laughing. “I’m gonna go.”

“Wait!” Hana yelled suddenly. “Umm … can I go with you?” she asked shyly hiding her blushing cheeks.

“No it’s fine, I’ll take you home.” Said Minho trying to keep her away from the shorter male.

“No. I want to go with … Jonghyun oppa. If that’s okay with you?” she asked him waiting for his answer. Jonghyun was shocked at her sudden question and turned to look at Minho trying to see what he would say next.

Try anything …

Or what frog face?

… You won’t know who she is to you.

With that, Minho turned Hana around and looked into her eyes. He nodded and turned to walk away.

Hana slowly turned around to face Jonghyun but he was already walking away in the direction of his car.  “Yah! Wait up!” she called after him running back to him.

“Ow ow!” she whined stopping and leaning against a tree.

Jonghyun turned around and saw she had hurt herself. He walked back to her irritated that she would walk around barefoot.

“This is what happens when you don’t wear shoes.” He said inspecting the damage.

He saw she just got a small splinter. He tried to touch it but she immediately slapped the back of his head in response.

“It hurts!”

“Stop being a baby!” he shouted back annoyed. She mumbled some incoherent curse words and allowed him to work on pulling out the splinter.

“This is going to hurt.” He said preparing her.

“Just do it already!” she yelled back.

“I already did.” He said smiling victoriously showing her the small splinter.

Hana just stood there completely dumbfounded. She opened to speak but no words came out. Instead Jonghyun took the opportunity to suddenly carry her bridal style.

It wasn’t until he had placed her in the passenger seat did she realized what he did. “Did you just carry me?” she asked looking straight ahead.

“Yes. Now buckle up.”

Once they were both buckled he motioned her to the GPS system and she started to type in her address.

As they were driving they were in complete silence. The only audible noise was the sound of the car engine and the outside world.

To try and break the ice Jonghyun would tap random beats on the steering wheel, not knowing that this aggravated Hana.

“I’d appreciate it if you would stop the tapping.” She said gritting her teeth.

“Mianhe.” He said placing his hands back on the steering wheel.

“Can I ask you something?” she asked turning to face him.

“What is it?”

“Do you know why I asked you to kiss me?” she suddenly asked causing him to shift into the opposite lane.

“U-umm. No?”

“I don’t know either. Mayeb you put a spell on me?” she mumbled without thinking.

“Maybe you couldn’t handle my handsomeness.” He said smirking.

“But why did you do it? You could’ve just said no.” she said trying to figure him out.

“What … Look, I’m not passing on the opportunity to kiss a pretty girl.” He said as if nothing.

“Ahh … so you’re a playboy?”

“Bwo?!”

“Yeah, you are a playboy.”

“No, I’m not?”

“Whatever helps you sleep at night.” She said triumphantly.

“Well, what about you? You’re the one who told me to kiss you!”

She just sat there quietly in her thoughts. “Answer me! You’re the one who told me to kiss you! Why!”

“I … I don’t know. Why are you screaming at me?!?!”

 

Silence …

 

“You have reached your destination.” Said the robotic lady from the GPS.

“I’ll be going then.” She said shyly making her way out of the car.

“Hana!” he called. She turned around still looking at the ground still embarrassed to even make eye contact. “I’m sorry I yelled I you.”

“It’s okay.” She said still looking at her shoes.

“No. To make it up to you … I’ll pick you up tomorrow.”

“Bwo? No, it’s fine. Minho oppa brings me. You don’t have to.” She replied making eye contact.

“I want to.” He said sincerely staring into her chocolate brown orbs.

“ … okay.” She answered turning away to blush. He chuckled to himself when he saw that he can make her blush easily.

“I’ll get going then.” She said closing the passenger car door. He smiled at her through the window before continuing on.

 

 

 

Stepping out of the bathroom drying my hair, I stared into the mirror at my reflection.

“What just happened?” I asked myself hoping I would get answers.

You met a gorgeous guy,

Had an intense make-out session,

And now he’s taking you to school.

My head kept replaying the whole scene at the park. I bumped into a stranger, and realized it was Jonghyun; who can still be considered a stranger. Exchanges small talk and somehow along the way, I asked him to kiss me. What’s even crazier is that he did it anyway. He really is a playboy.

That kiss. I can still feel it. It started out so soft and gently and once again, somewhere along the way, it became heated.

But, how did Minho know I’d be there? My parents wouldn’t have known. I guess it’s just that best friend thing. We know more about each other than ourselves.

I still have to text Minho that I got home safely. I guess I should tell him not to come over tomorrow.

I’m home

Did he try anything?

No. But I’m going 2 school with him

Why?

He offered as an apology

What did he do?

Don’t worry. It’s nothing.

Will you be okay?

Yes. Goodnight ^^

Goodnight.

 

“That was easier than I thought.” I mumbled putting my phone away and starting my homework.

 

 

 

“Why don’t you tell me the truth?” I mumbled to myself putting my phone away back in my pocket.

I leaned against the railing of my balcony and took in the fresh air and wind of Seoul. Even if you don’t tell me the truth Hana, I already know.

I hope you’re ready Hana, because the time has come.

You’ve met him.

 

 

 

I drove up to the parking garage of my building. Exiting the car and locking it, I entered the elevator. Pressing the 12th floor button, I waited for my floor.

Opening the door to my condo, I threw my keys on the kitchen condo. Taking off my jacket and throwing it on the couch I turned to the pantry.

“Yah!” I heard a deep voice shout. I turned around and saw Minho with my jacket on his face. I chuckled thanking his bad skills at teleporting.

“What do you want frog face?” I asked taking out some ramen.

“I came to talk.” He said taking a seat in front of the counter.

“About what?” I ask boiling water in a pot not really paying attention to him.

“About Hana.”

“What about her?”

“No matter how hard I try to stop you, I can’t.”

“Why? Did you finally realize you have no real skill?” I while stirring the ramen.

“You may think she’s just some mission. But she’s not.”

“Wait. How did you know about the mission?”

“I know everything.”

“Everything?” I ask gaining interest.

“Everything.” He answers full of confidence.

“Okay then. Why am I a dark angel if you say I ‘accidently’ killed her?”

“You needed to become one.”

“Why?”

“To meet Hana.” This person is not making any sense.

“There’s a reason why you became a dark angel. It was your second chance at living. Your second chance.”

I just stood there confused.

“I’ve said too much already. I hope you use this chance well.”

He pointed to the stove and saw that the ramen was overcooking. I removed the pot from the stove pot and turned back. He was gone.

“Second chance?” I mumbled trying to save the ramen.

 

 

 

The next morning, Hana was awakened by the sun’s rays shining on her face from the window.

Then she remembered about meeting Jonghyun and everything came back to her.

“I always enjoy that moment when you wake up and don’t remember early.” She mumbled to herself.

She got up from bed and started her morning routine. Stepping out in her robe, she washed her face trying to wake up. Something in her felt like taking extra time doing her makeup. She put on a bit a BB cream, worked on doing a cat eye, and put on mascara extending every lash fully. Finally putting on some lip gloss she smiled at her reflection. Now she was stuck on what to do with her hair. After some time trying different styles, she settled on a side braid with a cute headband.

Stepping out of the bathroom, she entered her walk-in closet. She walked around trying on a different outfits, until she finally settled on an orange polka-dot dress with a lace white long sleeved sweater on top, with some simple flats.

Entering her living room, she the TV to watch the morning news, and get the weather forecast. Once the news started, she got up to feed her pets. Observing as her pet fishes swam in the tank, she fed all three of them. Then she walked into the second bedroom, and walked up to her sleeping angel.

In the second room was her where her little baby resided. Some might think having an entire bedroom for a dog is crazy, but to her it’s only natural. Butter has been with her since 2 years ago when Minho got her as a birthday present for Hana. She always wished on having a puppy and when she got the surprise of Butter, from that day on, Butter was a princess in her castle.

Hana stepped into Butter’s room, and opened the curtains for some fresh sunlight. “Good morning baby.”

Butter has always been a heavy sleeper, but the sound of her mother’s voice is like magic. She wakes up immediately. Butter hopped off her bed, and followed Hana around the apartment.

Hana went into Butter’s closet and chose her outfit for the day. The weather forecast says it’s chillier outside, so Hana sat her baby down and struggled to get her sweater on. 

“Finally!” Hana cheered.

Just then, Hana got a few texts from Jonghyun.

Good Morning ^^

I’m on my way

I’m treating for breakfast

Morning to you too…breakfast? Okay….see you soon ^^

Seeing Hana’s reply, Jonghyun smiled to himself and continued driving. He wondered what her apartment looks like. He wondered if she lives alone. He wondered how she looked in the morning.

“She probably looks cute.” He said reassuring himself.

Shorty, he arrived at her apartment building. Parking his car, he took out his phone and texted Hana.

I’m here.

Great…Just tell the receptionist you are here to see me…Floor 7 Unit 9

Jonghyun followed her directions, and he finally made it in front of her apartment. Taking a deep breath, he nervously knocked on the door.

“It’s open!” he heard her voice yell from a distance.

Confused, he entered anyway. Taking off his shoes at the entrance he took a look around her apartment.

A bit small, but cute, he thought to himself.

“Make yourself at home!” she yelled again from a distance.

He did as told and sat down on the couch. He noticed she was watching the news. Guess she likes to be informed.

All of a sudden, he started to feel movement on his feet. When he looked down he saw a cute dog. “Who are you?” he asked picking the puppy up and sitting her on his lap.

“Butter! Where did you go?” he heard Hana.

“So that’s your name? Butter?”

“There you are!” said Hana entering the living room.

Jonghyun looked up and was immediately taken a back. He just stood there staring at her in awe.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Huh? Oh nothing.” He said waking up from his trance. “You look pretty.” He said looking into her eyes.

“Gomawo.” She said with blushing cheeks. “I see you met Butter.” She said sitting next to him.

“Yeah.” He answers playing with the pup lovingly. “But why Butter?”

“When Minho oppa surprised me with her on my birthday” she explained. “She was so sweet … just like butter.”

“Makes sense.”

“Do you have a dog?” she asked realizing he’s very good with Butter.

“I do. Her name is Roo.”

“That’s cute.”

They sat there playing with Butter for a while before the morning news reporter stated the time was 8:15.

“Let’s get going.” He suggested setting Butter down on the floor much to her protest

“Okay, I’ll just get my bag and we’ll go. Turn it off for me.” She gestured to the TV before leaving to her bedroom.

While in the elevator, they both would steal glances at each other. The elevator stopped at the 4th floor and an old halmeoni entered. (A/N: halmeoni = grandma)

“Good morning Hana.”

“Good morning halmeoni.”

Jonghyun bowed out of respect and moved behind Hana so the halmeoni would have more room.

“Hana, is he a chingu?” asked halmeoni.

“Ne.” she answered.

“Is he your namja chingu?” the halmeoni innocently asked looking at both of the youngsters.

“No.” “Yes.” Was answered.

The halmeoni turned to look at Jonghyun. “Ne halmeoni. I’m Hana’s boyfriend Kim Jonghyun.” He introduced himself.

“That’s wonderful. I started to become worried she would never find someone. How long have you been together?”

“We just recently became a couple.” He answered proudly.

“Let me give you a tip about this one.” She offered gesturing for him to come closer. “Serenade her as much as possible. She loves that.” halmeoni answered before exiting the elevator.

Jonghyun chuckled and stepped off as well. Hana stood there in the elevator frozen. He turned around and pulled her along.

“Jagiyah kaja.” He said reaching for her hand and leaving the building with a perfect smile on his face.