One.

My Dark Angel

 

Monday 7AM

Once again, I beat my alarm clock. Stepping back inside from the awakening city, I shifted my gaze to my cell phone. Unlocking the screen I noticed I received 2 messages from Minho oppa, my best friend since diapers, Choi Minho.

Wake up sleepy head :)

Thank you alarm clock ^^

Be ready in an hour...we don't want to be late

Alrighty :)

Most people think we're dating, but we're not. I confessed to him in middle school, but he rejected me. I wasn't sad. I already knew. But I just wanted to tell him. He said we're just friends, and that he'll always be there to protect me. I always wondered why he used those words.

After doing a few stretches to loosen up, I stepped into the shower. When I was done, I stepped out, and changed into my outfit for the day.                     

Leaving my hair to fall loose, I put on a bit eye liner, mascara, and lip gloss. Printing out yesterday's assignment, I stuffed into my backpack. I made sure that yesterday's assignment was perfect to give Professor Jang. If he doesn't like, then he's crazy.

Leaving my bedroom, and entering my kitchen I started to prepare breakfast. What to eat?

*knock knock*

"It's open!"

"Good morning princess!" Minho oppa yelled while entering.

"Mornin'" I answered back not paying attention. He entered the kitchen and started to set the table.

We do this every morning since we started college. He's my alarm clock, I feed him, and we go to school together.

“This is good.” He complemented me flashing his cute smile before digging in again. It’s funny how that smile used to my heart skip a beat, but not anymore.

“Did you finish Professor Jang’s assignment?” he asked me while cleaning up.

“Yup. It’s all done.”

“Good. Let’s go!” he said dragging me out of my apartment.

 


 

They both arrived at the campus precisely at 8:30 AM. Students were already flooding the campus for their early classes. Luckily for Minho and Hana, they’re classes start at 9AM.

Walking together to their first class, Hana sensed she was being watched. She would turn around and spot no one. Pushing that thought aside, she continued greeting any of her friends that passed by.

“She’s prettier than I thought.” He said to himself.

“Mr. Kim, please follow me. Your first class is with me.” Said Professor Jang leading him to his class.

Once Professor Jang entered his classroom, few of his students were already there. Minho and Hana were already in their seats socializing with their friends.

Hana felt as if someone was looking at her, and she looked up locking gazes with him.

“He is SO good looking.” Said Eunmi; one of Hana’s friends.

“Is it just me or is he looking at me?” Hana asked not leaving his gaze.

“He is looking at you.” Eunmi answered nudging her side, causing her to look at her friend. Eunmi started making faces teasing her and Hana just rolled her eyes turning to look back in front.

Where did he go? She thought noticing he had disappeared.

“I’m right here.” Said a voice to here left.

She flinched at the suddenness of the stranger’s voice. “Oh. Hello.” She said bowing her head to him.

He just looked straight into her eyes. What is he doing? She questioned herself. Feeling slightly uncomfortable she decided to start up a conversation.

“Um … My name is Choi Hana.”

“Pretty name.” he said moving closer to her taking the seat right next to her.

“Thanks.” She said shyly looking away. “Did you just transfer?”

“I did.”

“Cool. Where are you from?”

“Umm … I just moved here from … America.” He answered completely caught off guard from her innocent question. She noticed that he answered oddly but he quickly came back to acting cool.

“That’s nice. Are you good at speaking in English?”

“Of course I am.” He answered flipping his hair to the side continuing with his act.

“That’s great! Then you must listen to a lot of American music. Who’s your favorite artist?” she asked him in English surprising him a bit. But thankfully, one trait of becoming a dark angel was given the gift of speaking all languages and reading minds.

“My favorite is NeYo.” he answered hoping she knew who it was.

“Me too! I just love his voice.” She replied happily.

“Hana, who’s this?” asked Minho putting his arm around her in a protective way.

“Oh. Him? This is … I never got your name.” she said giggling.

“I’m Kim Jonghyun.”

Minho tensed up hearing his name. He pulled Hana aside to talk to her alone. “How do you know him?” he asked her with a serious tone.

“I don’t. I just met him.”

“Stay away from him.” He said with a stern voice.

“Why? He seems nice. A little bit full of himself, but still nice.”

“Stay away from him. I forbid you to talk to him.” He said strictly.

“What?! You can’t tell me what to do. If I want to talk to him, then I will.” She answered back angrily talking the seat on the other side of Jonghyun far away from Minho.

“Are you okay?” Jonghyun asked her.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Minho is just being a jerk.”

What are you doing here? Minho asked telepathically to Jonghyun. Minho also has the gift to read people’s mind and he can speak telepathically.

Jonghyun looked over to Minho and noticed the fury in his face. You know exactly what I’m doing.

It’s not going to work. Minho answered shooting a deathly glare to Jonghyun.

It’s already working. Jonghyun said evilly looking at Hana.

Minho stood up from his seat furiously and walked out of the class.

“Mr. Choi, class is about to start.” Said Professor Jang trying to stop Minho, but he didn’t pay attention and walked out leaving the other students confused.

Hana watched as Minho walked away and instantly grew worried. Minho isn’t the type to leave class over their little fight.

Don’t worry about him, said a voice in Hana’s mind. He’ll be fine, she reasoned with her “conscience.”

 


 

I spent the whole day with Jonghyun. He’s very nice; I don’t see what Minho could have against him. I mean he is just a stranger right?

“Hana!” yelled Jonghyun trying to catch up to me. I noticed a bit of sweat on his forehead and it shined against the sun’s rays. He’s gorgeous.

“Oh, what’s up?” I asked him trying to not let him notice I was staring.

He smirked before answering. “I was just wondering if maybe you would like to go out with me.” He offered while walking like a model with his hands in his pockets.

“Um … I don’t know. We just met.” I reasoned. I actually wouldn’t mind going out with him, it’s just I don’t know anything about him. He’s so mysterious.

“That’s exactly why. You probably want to know more about me right?”

“Uh … yeah.” Can he read minds?

“Then let’s go out to get to know each other better.” He explained as if it was nothing.

Truth is I’ve never been out alone with a guy that wasn’t Minho. If I ever went out with guys it would always be in groups. The fact that I don’t know anything about him makes me nervous.

“Trust me. It’ll be fun. We wouldn’t be alone!” he said almost hurrily.

“We wouldn’t? Who would go with us?”

“Um…I mean we would just walk around, so other people would be there.”

“Oh.” That does make me feel a little bit better. If he would try anything I could just scream.

“What do you say? Please.” He said using puppy eyes. His eyes are just…beautiful.

“Alright.”

“Great! Give me your number and I’ll text you.”

We exchanged numbers and bid farewell. I walked away and thought, How did I give in so easily?

 

 

~

 

“She fell for that easily.” I said to myself walking back to my car.

Sitting down on the driver seat, I waited for him. Two seconds later he appeared in the passenger seat. He’s so predictable.

“Stay away from Hana.”

“You can’t stop me. Only she can.”

“Maybe. But, she’ll see through your lies soon.”

“I highly doubt that’ll happen. I already have her where I want her.”

Minho stayed quiet, not thinking anything. That’s weird.

“Why?”

“Why what?”

“Why do this to her?” he asked me looking at me seriously.

“I need to do this.”

He took a deep sigh before speaking again. “…..You weren’t like this before.”

“What are you talking about?” I asked him really confused. What is this frog talking about?

“When you were human, you weren’t like this.”

“That was before….”

“….before you accidently killed her?”

“It wasn’t an accident!” I yelled hitting the steering beeping the horn scaring a few students.

“Yes it was.”

“Even if it was, how would you know?”

“I was there.”

I looked at him as if he was crazy.

“…I was your guardian angel.”

“If you were my guardian angel…” I said calmly. “….why weren’t you there to help me?!?!” I yelled losing control.

“I couldn’t. You were too far out into bad things, there was nothing I could do at that point.”

“Nothing you could do? You’re supposed to be this all powerful angel! How couldn’t you stop it?!?!”

“It doesn’t matter now. What’s done is done. Now I’m Hana’s guardian angel.”

“You’re not a very good one.” I mumbled to myself.

Minho sighed rubbing his forehead. “If only you knew who Hana is….you wouldn’t do this.”

“What?”

“One thing that makes us different is that I can see the future, you can’t.” he said before disappearing.

 


 

“What do I wear?” I asked myself rummaging through the mountain of clothes that is on my bed.

I still somewhat surprised that I said yes to Jonghyun. Jonghyun is a very mysterious person. But other than him, Minho is very strange. He has never spoken to me like that, ever. It’s so bizarre. I get the feeling that Miho and Jonghyun know each other.

“But how would they know each other?” I asked myself looking at a blue top.

Forget them. They’re not important right now. I have to meet up with my parents. I haven’t seen them in a few weeks, and I miss them.

Umma said that we will be meeting at a fancy restaurant. I guess I’ll wear a dress and heels.

“Now, which one do I choose?”

Why do I have to have so many clothes. But I can’t help it. I think I’m a shopaholic.

After about half an hour I finally chose my outfit for the night. A cute pink skirt with a bow in front, and a tight long sleeve lace shirt, with my heels, and tan clutch.

 

I did some light make up, and did my hair in soft curls.

*ring ring*

I answered the phone and it was my mom. “Sweetie, are you ready?” she asked me in her delicate voice.

“Yes, I just finished getting ready.”

“Perfect! We just left the house. I called for the car to pick you up.”

“Okay.”

“Are you dressed pretty?”

“Yes? Why?”

“No reason. Make sure to be perfect.” She said before hanging up.

That was odd.

 


 

Mr. and Mrs. Choi were already chatting away when Hana arrived at the Italian restaurant.

“Sweetie! You look gorgeous!” beamed her mother giving her a hug.

“Thank you.” She replied shyly. She always been the type to get shy when people complement her.

“My daughter is all grown up.” Said her father embracing his baby girl.

After all the hugs and complements died down, Hana took a seat across from her parents.

“Why is there another place setting?” Hana asked her parents confused.

Before Hana could even speak, a man had interrupted them. “I’m sorry. It was call regarding a business deal with Japan.” Said the stranger.

Hana looked to her right, and was taken off guard from his facial features. This strange man had a sharp jawline, an incredibly deep voice, and intense eyes.

“Oh. I’m sorry. My name is Choi Seunghyun.” The man introduced himself while taking her hand and giving it a small peck. (A/N: My bias is T.O.P in Big Bang ^^)

Hana instantly blush from this man. She turned to her parents and looked at them full of curiosity.

The man named Seugnhyun released her hand and took the empty seat next to her.

The adults and Seunghyun engaged in a conversation about profits, and business. Hana completely zoned them out until she heard her name and “engagement” in the mix.

“What’s this about an engagement?” she asked them while eating a bit of her carbonara.

“We will be getting married soon.” Seunghyun answered looking at her.

Hana began to choke on her food from shock. Seunghyun rubbed her back and gave her a glass a water. Once she was calm, she spoke again.

“I’m getting married?” she asked her parents. “To you?” she asked directing it to the Seunghyun.

“Yes honey. We’ve arranged this marriage a few years ago.” Said her mother full of happiness.

“I am not getting married.” She said in a stern voice looking to her parents. “Especially not to some stranger I just met.” She said getting up a stomping away.

 


 

“How can my parents do this to me?” she angrily mumbled to herself while paying the taxi driver.

She turned around and walked across the Han river enjoying the much needed fresh air. After a few steps, pain started to shoot up from her heels. She stumbled taking them off and walking barefoot.

A few people passing by gave her strange looks but continued their way. Hana reached into her purse and took out her phone. Hanging her heels from the straps of her purse, she started taking pictured of the night scenery.

Walking backwards she accidently bumped into a random stranger. Quickly she turned around a bowing an apology.

“Hana? Is that you?” asked the stranger.

Hana looked up a realized who it was. “Oh. Jonghyun. What are you doing here?”

“I should be asking you that same question.” He said leading her to a bench.

“Were you out on a date?” he asked her scooting closer to her.

“No. I was with my annoyingly controlling parents.” She said cursing them out.

“Did something happen?” he asked observing her every move.

“My parents arranged me to marry some stranger I just met today.” She said sighing and running a hand through her long locks of hair.

“That .” He said turning to look front at the river. Why do I feel a little bit hurt?

They stayed in silence a while before Hana decided to ask what he was doing. “I was out jogging.” He said simply.

She turned to look at him and regretted it completely. There he was sitting on bench like nothing, shirtless.

He has a such a great body. Broad shoulders, with muscular arms. Perfectly toned chest leading to chocolate abs just waiting to be , she thought.

He smirked slightly and chuckled from her thought. Hana quickly turned back to look front and blushed at her own thoughts. Did he notice?

“Hana? He called out to her in a husky voice.

“Yeah?” she said turning to him.

When she did, she was immediately drawn to his puppy eyes. She was entranced in his spell. He eyes then trailed down to his perfectly plump lips. Every part of her being wanted to feel the softness of his lips against her own.

He brought a hand up to her right cheek and began to caress it. Her senses immediately went on fire. He moved his hand along to the back of her neck and pulled her close enough that they felt each other’s breath.

“Kiss me.” She said softer than a whisper.

Without wasting another moment, he leaned in and pressed his plump lips and her pink ones. They stayed there not moving just enjoying the tingly feeling of their lips.

He then started to move to a rhythm that she quickly followed. Nibbling on her bottom lip asking for an entrance, she parted her lips slightly and he took full advantage on exploring.

There they were. Two people who will still be categorized as strangers, enjoying a passionate kiss next to the Han River under the moonlight.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Hello readers,

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter.

Remember to subscribe and comment.

UPVOTE if you'd like!

:D