Unexpected Job

That Girl

 

~Zico POV~

 

"Wow, you're early." Kyung, my best friend of five years, said to me as I sluggishly sat on one of the school's benches. Indeed I was early, no matter how much I would rather sleep in and be late.

"30 minutes before the bell rings is early?"

"For you it is" Kyung said as he gave me a pat on the back "I'm proud of you" he laughed.

Sometimes it amazes me why me and this kid are still friends. We're different yet so alike.

He's a straight A student.

I'm an A/B student (with an occasional C every now and then).

Teachers love him

They're not too fond of me

He's an all around good kid

and I'm "too troublesome for my own good", which is something I've been told too many times by half the people I know.

See where I'm going with this?

"Whatever." I said brushing his hand off my shoulder. As we walked through the school the hall started to flood with students as they were all arriving to school.

All of a sudden I felt a pair of hands push me from behind. I turned around to look for the idiot who wanted to get hit but found no one.

"What are you doing?" I heard an all too familiar voice ask from ahead. I turned back around to see Sun Woo,or Baro as we like to call him, looking at me like I was crazy.

"Yah! You think you're slick?" I playfully pushed him as he laughed.

"What's up with you guys?" Baro greeted

"Actually, this weekend my mom's side of the family will be visiting and I don't wanna be stuck in the house with them so I was wondering if you guys wanted to go out somewhere." Kyung said with a slight tone of exasperation 

"I'll try but I don't know, I might have to babysit Jiyong" I replied.

"Yeah I'll see if I can come if I'm not busy spending time with my love." Baro replied with a goofy smile.

"Love? Who are you dating?" I asked because the Baro I know isn't one to settle down.

"Minah, duh!"

"Baro shut up! She doesn't like you" Kyung laughed in an attempt to bring Baro back to reality.

spacer.gif"Not yet." Baro corrected "Oh there she goes right now." I laughed as Baro fixed himself real quick, checking his breath before walking over to Minah. "I'll be right back" he said before hemade his over to Minah who was busy talking to her friends.

I tapped Kyung suggesting that we follow Baro before he made a fool of himself. Don't get mewrong Baro is smooth with the ladies, just not with Minah.

At least I can start my morning off with a good laugh.

 

~Luna POV~

"Oh my gosh not this guy again." Minah said annoyed as she noticed a boy walking toward us.

"Why what's wrong?" I asked

"Just watch"

"Good morning beautiful" He greeted as he took a seat next to Minah who didn't seem as excited to see him as he did to see her. Zico and some other guys joined us at the table . I'm guessing this is guy is one of Zico's friends. 

"Baro, what do you want?" Minah retorted

"You." He replied with a smile to which Minah responded with a scoff.

"Sorry Minah-ssi." the other guy said apologizing on his friend's behalf.

"It's OK Kyung" Minah replied.

"Who's your friend" Kyung asked referring to me.

"Oh where are my manners? This is my friend Luna."

"Hi I'm Minah's cousin Kyung" He introduced himself while offering his hand in which I shook.

"I'm Sun Woo but you can call me Baro" Baro said as Minah tried to remove his arm from around her shoulders.

Zico I guess was the only one who didn't want to say anything, not like I didn't know who he was. Kyung elbowed Zico suggesting that he introduce himself.

"You're in my homeroom right? So you should know my name." was all he said. So he think he's famous or something? Cocky guys like that annoy me...

"His names is Zico" Minah said as if she didn't already tell me.

"Nice to meet you all" I said forcing a smile on my face. He honestly just killed my mood.

Just then the bell rang.

"Time for class!" Minah said relieved that she got to leave Baro. "Bye everyone!"

I have a feeling this is going to be a long day.

_______________________________________________________________

spacer.gifThe walk home is normally long and quite lonely since I walk by myself. I haven't really met anyone that lives in my area so I have nobody to accompany me. It's not all bad though, it's a good time to to think to myself and enjoy the nature, assuming that it's nice outside which lucky for me it is today.

I fastened my pace in an attempt to get home faster when I felt a thump on the back of my head as if something had hit me. I turned around to see a little blue ball.

"Oh Mianhaeyo!" a little boy said running toward me. He quickly scooped up his ball before it rolled away.

"It's okay" I smiled rubbing the back of my head. It wasn't all that serious.

After taking a good look at the boy I realized it was the same boy from the other day.

"Jiyong-ah hi, how are you " I greeted him hoping he remembered me. Little kids can be forgetful.

"Sun Young Noona!" he screamed while hugging me. Awwwww he does! Well,what can I say? Kids love me.

"How have you been? Are you behaving for your parents?" I asked freeing myself from his embrace.

"Maybe..." he said cracking a smile

"Ahhhh Jiyong-ah" I ruffling his hair as he giggled.

Just then a lady resembling the small boy in a dress suit came out of the front door of the house juggling a bunch of papers in one hand and a suitcase in the other all while holding a conversation on the phone which was between her ear and shoulder.

Must be his mother.

"Want to meet mommy?" Jiyong asked dragging me by my hand before I could even respond. As we approached his mother she hung up the phone and smiled at her approaching child. "Umma this is my new friend Sun Young noona, she helped me out the other day"

"Annyeonghaseyo" I greeted with my oh so lovely smile.

"Aigoo my Jiyong is always making new friends" she smiled putting her things away in thecar."Nice to meet you" she greeted.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too"

She then jumped due to the sudden vibration in her pocket and dug her hand in her pocket. "Excuse me" she held up her index finger whiled answering her phone.

"Hello?...........Oh Unnie How are you." she held up her hand as her way of excusing herself before drifting toward her car.

She's very nice but seems to have alot on her plate. She must work in a office or something like that. Maybe she's a CEO of some big company? Explains the pretty house.

"I'm sorry" Jiyong's mom apologized coming back into the conversation quicker than I spacer.gifexpected. "Jiyong-ah looks like your Aunt won't be able to come babysit you this weekend so you might have to come with me and your father on a business trip." she informed the boy

"No!" he whined "Can't I stay home with Hyung?!"

"He'll be out most of the weekend studying at his friend's house and most likely he won't come home until late and you can't be home by yourself like that." 

"Yes I can!" Jiyong insisted

"No you can't Jiyong you're four year old."

"I'll be 5 in August" Jiyong argued

"That's a while from now" His mother replied

I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that for a 4 year old Jiyong knew how to hold his ground in an argument. I let out a small giggle which cause their attention to shift on me. At that point Jiyong looked at me as if he knew a solution.

"Can Noona watch over me" he suggested to which his mother actually considered,

"I know this might be asking alot from you upon first meeting but Jiyong seems to like you and I have no one to watch him this weekend, Do you think you can babysit for me this weekend?"She asked me with pleading eyes.

"Well since I have nothing to do this weekend, sure." I responded.

"Thank you so much" she sounded relieved knowing she didn't have to take her son with her on this trip."Call me if anything concerning you're schedule changes" she said making a phone with her hand and and making her way to her car. "Jiyong go inside and wait with your dad until your brother gets home."

"Ok mommy" he waved as his mother drove off. "See you this weekend!" he said happily while going inside

"Ok bye" I waved back continuing my walk home. At least my house wasn't too far from his so babysitting this weekend won't be a long commute.

Wow for a four year old he's pretty mature. This weekend will be interesting.

~Zico POV~

"Where's mom?" I asked as I kicked my shoes of before entering my home

"She left a while ago" My little brother Jiyong replied with his eyes glued to the cartoon he was watching.

"Oh well I just saw dad leave as I pulled in so I guess it's just me and you."

"Yup, by the way hyung what are doing this weekend?" Jiyong asked while turning his to eye mesuspiciously

spacer.gif"Nothing. why?" I said laughing at his gesture.

"Oh it's just that mom said that you were going to be studying at your friends house most of the weekend so you couldn't watch me" he said sitting more upright in his chair his eyes still fixed on me. I think he could see through my lies.

"Oh well you can keep a secret right? Well I was going out with friends but they cancelled on me so I'll be home." I said knowing that any leaking of information to my younger brother could lead to my mother knowing. 

My brother's a bona-fide snitch.

"Well it's ok because my friend is coming over."

"Friend?" I raised my eyebrow at the young boy "Mom said you can have friends over?"

"Yes" He said turning his attention back to the TV.

"Alright then" I said not asking anymore questions.

Let's hope his friend is a good kid that just sits down and doesn't run around too much like he does.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINALLY an update!

I'm soo sorry I haven't been updating I've been so busy and haven't even had time. But from now on I'll try to update more. Please forgive me :)