Chapter 1

A Loveless Man...?

“There,” JiSun finally finished screwing in the last few bolts. “Robot #910328 is done.” She stood back and admired it. By far, it was the most beautiful robot she helped build, even more than #930903 or #901122. She examined every little detail of his structure. “I’ll call you ‘Lee HoWon,’” JiSun smiled sweetly at it. *My favorite one so far. Well, I guess that’s why they save the best for last.* She punched in his generating code. The robot slowly lifted his eyes and blinked a couple times. *It works...or should I say he works.* He tilted his head at her and smiled. *Omo, a reaction! The fastest out of the seven to react!* JiSun vigorously wrote down the observations. She was amazed at his beauty, never has she seen someone so beautiful. Her eyes were pretty much glued onto him. HoWon examined the nametag on her lab coat.

“Yang JiSun...” he read and looked back at her. “... Is very pretty.”

She smiled at his compliment with her heart beating faster as she continued her job. “Well #910328, your name is Lee HoWon. You are a part of Woollim’s new project for the perfect boyband. According to the files I put in your memory, you are the lead dancer, main rapper, and sub-vocalist. You were quite the request HoWon-ah,” Jisun chuckled.

“Lee HoWon,” he repeated his name. “I like it.”

“I’m glad you like your name.” JiSun replied. “Shall we go for a walk around the area to test you out?” HoWon nodded.

Together, they left the lab and were off in the city. They walked next to each other as JiSun showed him around and told him about his programming. “So, I have programmed you to act like a normal human being. You can talk, run, jump, dance, sing, breathe, eat, drink, sleep, think normally, and so much more. The emotions are all added, except for love. That was a strict restriction for not putting that emotion in, I wonder why.” JiSun soon realized that HoWon wasn’t really paying attention to her, but rather the ice cream parlor instead.

“JiSun-ah, I want that.” He pointed through the display window like a little boy.

“HoWon, you can’t have anything to eat until we go meet the CEO,” she said as she noticed his youthful cuteness.

“So I can have that after we meet the CEO?” JiSun simply nodded in response. “Then hurry, let’s go find the CEO!” He dragged her by the wrist and they sped through the city.

“HoWon-ah! Slow down, I can’t keep up with your speed!” JiSun said breathlessly. In one swift move, HoWon carried her on his back as he ran all the way to the Woollim Entertainment building. Dugeun Dugeun Dugeun *This feeling, it feels weird. Is it because of him?* She hugged her arms around his neck securely and noticed his sculpted facial features. *He is perfect... Well obviously, he is a robot.*

~~~~~~~

“Well-structured, sharp features, now,” CEO Lee Jung Yeop turned to look at JiSun. “Can he do what he is programmed to do?”

“Of course sir,” JiSun answered anxiously and played a dubstep song. Immediately, HoWon began to move with the flow of the song. After the dance performance, she one of Supreme Team’s song for him to rap to. Next, she played a K.Will song for him to sing along with. So far, CEO Jung Yeop seemed pleased with the outcome of #910328.

“Now introduce yourself young man,” he ordered HoWon. He hesitantly looked over to JiSun and she gave him a reassuring smile. With the newfound boost of confidence, he began his introduction.

“Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Infinite’s dancing machine Lee HoWon! Please take good care of me,” HoWon said confidently.

CEO Lee Jung Yeop rubbed his chin with a hint of unsatisfactory. “That was a great introduction, but ‘Lee HoWon,’ that’s not a catchy enough name.” He took this moment to ponder. “How about ‘Hoya’? I think that has a better ring to it.”

“But I like my name CEO Lee Jung Yeop, JiSun made my name for me.” HoWon spoke up meekly.

CEO Jung Yeop glanced at JiSun, then to HoWon. “Well, now you will be going by ‘Hoya’, no questions asked. You may now leave.”

HoWon and JiSun left the his office together. “Hoya, Hoya, it feels so weird. I like HoWon much better.” He pouted not liking the new name CEO Jung Yeop gave him.

“If it makes you feel better, I’ll always call you ‘HoWon’.” JiSun comforted him.

His eyes glistened, “really? Yay!”

“Want to go celebrate with ice cream?” HoWon’s eyes lit up like a child.

~~~~~~~

JiSun and HoWon sat across from each other in the booths with a bowl of ice cream for each of them. They talked and laughed together almost like a happy couple. For a robot who was just finished being built today, he catches on fast. JiSun enjoyed having him around, he wasn’t cold like #920313, or as greasy as #910208. Pretty soon, JiSun began to notice that everything he did was graceful and admirable.

“JiSun-ah, you have a little of ice cream right there,” he motioned towards the corner of the mouth.

“Did I get it?” JiSun tried to wipe it off, but failed. HoWon reached over the table and wiped the ice cream off the corner of . He sat back down and smiled brightly. Dugeun Dugeun Dugeun *Woah... It happened again, could it be? But that’s impossible, he’s a robot...*

 

 

 

 

UPDATE:

Hello follow readers!

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!

Please do comment, I'd love to hear from you guys

Even a simple 'update', makes me happy ^^

SUBSCRIBE :D/COMMENT <3/SHARE ^^

~seayang14