Chapter 4

Apple-flavoured Kisses

---(Time Skip; a year later, Yifan:13, ZiTao: 10)Part 4--- Dedicated to KpopCrazy21 who upvoted my storeh! :D

"Happy Birthday Zitao! Here! This is for you!" Baekhyun and Luhan exclaimed in unison as they cam through Zitao's backyard fence. They each held up a gift, Luhan's pink with a blue bow and Baekhyun's gold with a silver bow. Baekhyun kneeled on one knee and like a loyal subject greeting a king, he bowed, "For his royal majesty~" They all giggled as Zitao pretened to receive his birthday gift in honour. "Thank you!" Zitao brought the two gifts to the table where the other gifts were displayed and then joined the others present in playing 'round the backyard. A little while later, after most of the guests have arrived, Zitao realizes that someone is missing..his favourite GeGe; Yifan-Ge was missing... Zitao decides to wait by the fence, thinking that Yifan was probably held up because he had misplaced Zitao's birthday present... 'That's right! GeGe's probably just looking for my present!' Zitao thought as a comfort to himself, yet his self-conciousness was eating away at him... 

He waited... and waited.. It felt like a year had gone by and he was probably growing old and gaining wrinkles from frowning so much... But though, it had only been a half hour. Someone came, ... it was Sehun and JongIn... the previous smle was wiped of his face in a flash, he pouted as his head rested on the fence. JongIn was wearing a bright smile and Sehun... let's just say he has his usual disinterested face on..."Hi hyung!" JongIn's cheery voice was heard beside him. JongIn raised up a present wrapped in sky blue; his favourite colour(but still it didn't seem to lighten his mood...), as Sehun seemed to be looking around the backyard for something, or more specifically, someone. When Sehun spots the certain someone, the present in his hands was shoved into Zitao's arms before running off...

"Lulu-hyung!" A wide smile that reached the ears was immediately plasterred into Sehun's face as he ran towards his "target-of-affections", tackling Luhan to the ground and handing him a strawberry-flavoured sweet. Sehun's gift was not wrapped, it was a little basket of apple-flavoured sweets, but that was alright cause sweets in apple flavours were his favourite. JongIn was still in the same position he was in a minute ago, deciding to tap Zitao on his shoulder to get his attention. "Hyung? This is for you?" Zitao gave a small smile as he received it, muttering a little thanks before JongIn ran away, a pout replaced the smile again as he dragged his feet to the table of gifts, not looking where he was going, he bumped into someone...He looked up..

"Yifan-Ge!" Being careful not to ruin the gifts he just received, he placed them on the table before tackling Yifan in a giant bear-hug. Yifan chuckled. "Sorry Zitao, I had to finish making my present for you." Zitao looked up at his GeGe with curious round eyes, as f questioning Yifan the whereabouts of his birthday gift.. such an eager child.. "It's in the house, let's call everyone in first o.k.?" Zitao jumped in joy. "O.k. GeGe!" Zitao grabbed hole of Yifan's hand as he pulled Yifan along, "Hey! Everybody! Let's go in!" Then, there was a stampede of children...

---

"Wait here Zitao." Yifan commanded him gently as everyone gathered in the huge living room, the rest surrounding him. The lights went off, Zitao started to panick, he thought a blackout had suddenly started... Looking around, he hears a soft singing and a gentle warm glow begins to illuminate the room. The rest clapped in unison as they joined in the singing. "Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday to Zitao~ Happy Birthday to you~!" Yifan came out of the kitchen holding a round cake, on it, something like a red apple was drawn with red icing and two little leaves with green icingsticking out the top(2D of course~hahaz~). In white royal icing, Yifan's best writing was seen in themiddle of the apple, it spelt 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZITAO!' Ten candles stood proudly 'round the top of the cake . "I iced the cake! Do you like it?" Yifan boasted as Zitao stared in wonder. "Thank you GeGe!  You're the best!" The cake was placed on the table as Zitao made a lil' wish before blowing out the candles. Within seconds, the candles lighted themselves up again. He stared at the candles, willing them to go off so his wish would come true. Chanyeol's evil laughter through the room. Zitao glared at him. "I switched the candles~!" Chanyeol belted out in a sing-song voice, Baekhyun elbowed him in the ribs.. "Owww~" 

 

"Ge! Does that mean my wish wouldn't come through anymore?" Zitao had tears in his eyes as he looked up at Yifan. "No, no Zitao. You made a wish, it will come true! Otherwise i'll be your fairy godmo- wait no, father, and make your wish come true!" "Really GeGe?" Zitao was jumping excitedly, "Yes, yes. Now, cut the cake?" 

The cake was cut, unevenly of course and given out. "I want the biggest slice! I want to give it to Lulu-hyung!"

"No! It's for Baekkie-hyung!" 

"Ah, ah, ah~! It's for the birthday boy!" 

The rest jostled for the largest slice. Soon, only one slice was left, Yifan had gotten it. Zitao sat quietly in the corner, no cake in his hands but still with a bright smile on his face at the action and laughter of the party. Yifan felt bad all of a sudden... "Here, have mine!" Zitao turned to Yifan out-stretched arms, cake in hand. " No, it's alright GeGe." 

"You sure~? Wanna share it instead?"

"O.k. GeGe. Only because you're willing to~" Zitao sang out.

The slice was shared, using the same fork, nobody bothered to go fetch another one.. indirect kiss #4~

A/N: Hey guys! Told'ya the chapters were gonna be longer~! Sorry for the late update, I had to update the other story.. The next chappie would most likely be updated on Sunday cause I'd be attending a wedding dinner later tonight.. so yeah~ oh yes, can I know what you guys think of the story so far? Thank you for surpporting once more! :)