The Mask

Of Lies and Miracles

Strangers P.o.v


I stood above the lonely building, binoculars letting me see inside the clothes shop perfectly. That girl wasn't from here, I could smell her disgusting foreign scent from miles away. ''I'll simply grab you and get the hell back to base camp..." I was snapped out of my little conversation when my phone suddenly rang. Answering, I pulled my plain black mask down to speak. 

"Yoboseyo..?"

"Daehyun- Huyng, what's the status of our target.?"

"Still looking at clothes in Yongguk's store... And I don't think that she'll be out any time soon..."

"Really? Sheesh, girls really like clothes, even though it's a guy store... Anyways, call me if something good happens!"

"Ye..." I hung up, sitting down and opening a bag of cookies to munch on while I waited for the girl to finish shopping.

 

End of P.o.v


Your P.o.v


I tried on every single item Yongguk gave me, thanking him and walking out of the store in some new clothing more adequate for the harsh elements of Mato. While at the store I learned more about this weird place. Right now I was in Matoki Central, the party capital of Mato, wherever that was, Outside he secured walls was a savage land where rouges lived.

The most dangerous people were a suthern boy by the name of Jung Daehyun, who worked along with a younger kid who didn't go by a name and apparently seemed too nice to be bad. Then there was Yoo Youngjae, a sweet as sugar kid who hid a terrible secret from the world behind the angelic smile and honey coated eyes.

Fnally, Yongguk told me more about the owner of the blazer I was so Close to. Zelo, as he liked people to call him, and how I should stay away from him because of the four combined, he was the worst. 

"It's strange, how could a guy as nice as Zelo be so dangerous? I mean... He did give me his blazer..." I held the neatly folded blazer close to me, loving the warmth that radiated from the still nice smelling cloth. "Maybe he's just misunderstood..."

"You're a real pain, you know that right?" A man walked out of the shadows, part of his face covered by a black mask. "Can I help you..?" I stepped back a bit, my grip on the blazer tightening. "Just come quietly and It won't hurt... Too much..." His eyes suddenly darkened, and his slightly visible nose scrunched up in annoyance.

 "Wait... That sounded wrong... Just come along, L/n   F/n and I won't have to hurt you..." Guess that was my queue to leave because as soon as he finished speaking, I bolted down an alley to my left.

End of P.o.v


Several bruises would surely come later as you slammed your body against walls when you took sharp turns, wanting to avoid the probable killer that was sadly too close to your tail for comfort. After sevral barely escaped attempts, you accidentally bumped into a guy who briefly got startled, but instantly smiled, almost in a daze-like manner.

"I'm sorry, I should be more careful when I take walks around this part of Matoki Central, I didn't know the track team practiced around here." He gave you another angelic smile, grabbing your hand. "What's your name bunny?" You blushed at his nickname for you but shook it off.

"L/n  F/n" The strange boy smiled more, leading you to a spot near the stage, but just far enough to not be too loud to talk. Suddenly, his expression darkened. "I'd like to know how you got here..." He sat crossed legged, looking at you oddly. "What do you mean...?" 

"You know what I mean... You aren't a Matoki and I'm sure that Zelo doesn't hang with you for no reason..."

You instantly got up, backing away into a strong chest. "Glad you could make it Jongup... But you didn't have to interfere... I had it covered..." Toned arms circled your waist, rendering you unable to escape or fight back. "Hyung... You lost her like three times... Unlike you she walked out with me effortlessly..."

Your breath caught in your throat as a deep yet smooth voice whispered right by your ear, sending a warm breath down your neck, it smelled faintly of peppermint and chocolate. "Now     F/n      are you going to come quiet or will I have to knock some sense into you...?" He spoke in heavy Busan Dialect...

"Jung Daehyun..."

"Glad you know my name cupcake... Remember it cause you'll be screaming it later.."

"Hyung don't say that in front of me..."

'Things have just gone from bad to worse....' You silently thought, sighing softly.