Waking up

Of Lies and Miracles

Your p.o.v: 


The loud upbeat music woke me up, causing me to hold my head in slight pain. This was certainly not the doctor's office. Just moments ago, my parents were right next to me, muttering about how expensive my treatments were, but their hushed voices, and the light hum of the fish tank was replaced with happy music and cheerful people drinking and dancing amongst themselves.

My name is (L/n    F/n). I'm eighteen(18) year old girl from Busan, South Korea. My parents don't have enough money to take care of me, but they still try to. I try to keep myself clean and pretty, combing my inmense head of dark curly hair, and watching out for my weight, though I love to eat.~

My blue eyes scanned the surrounding area, widening at the many colorful things around. It sure was cold, but I managed to warm up my lightly tanned arms just a bit. Another thing, I'm not Korean, I'm apparently what the Queenka's at my school call an American witch who came to steal their boys. Oh well...

I stood up, wobbling a bit and holding onto the bench for support. 'Just where am I?' My body trugged forward, bumping into a man who was casually strolling by, obviously looking for someone. "Hey! Watch where you're going kid! Aish..." He shouted over the booming of the music, an obvious brown coffee stain on his once crisp white shirt.

I bowed in apology, scurrying off to continue the search for my parents. "Yah! You owe me another iced americano kid!" I could hear the man shouting after me, but that made me even more scared as I ran faster. 'Oh god please... Don't let this guy hurt me...' There was a cute looking shop near where I took a sharp turn, making me go back and run into it, looking outside cautiously for that guy who was following me.

"Would you like a box?" The girl in a frilly pink lolita dress startled me, automatically grabbing the box she had handed to me. 'Cupcakes...?' She ushered me out, waving happily and urging me to come again for more free treats. I fixed my skirt, shivering a bit as the frost nipped at my bare legs, my blazer was missing, leaving my upper body heavily exposed to the elements with the undershirt's thin material.

"Stupid school clothes... Stupid cold... Stupid weird place where everything's free..." Whining, I stomped into a shop and grabbed a bottle of banana milk, not bothering to say anything as I walked out and sat at what seemed to be a colorful bus stop, opening my cupcakes and munching on them. 'Guess this isn't so bad...' When I grabbed the last yummy pastry, a boy about my age in a school uniform zoomed past, blazer flying in the wind as he grabbed the cupcake and laughed.

"Thanks for the cupcake!" He shouted, gaining more speed as his skateboard rolled down the ramp to the clothes district. "Hey! Give that back!" I ran after him, thinking of grabbing some clothes fit for the harsh cold in this strange place.. Who exactly is that kid...?