Weird Admirers

Weird Admirers

Life was totally weird for Amber and Kris.  Amber had a lot of female admirers while Kris had a lot of male admirers.  It was strange considering that they both go to the same school which means it is a coed school.
 

"Why can't the girls like you and the boys like me?"  Amber asked.
 

Kris looked at her from head to foot.  "Because you're too boyish for them."
 

Amber rolled his eyes.  "Fine, I get that I'm not really the type of girl that boys like, but I'm still straight!!!"
 

"I doubt that they know you're straight, but even if you tell them, they probably won't believe you.  The real mystery is why boys like me and girls just don't.  It's not like I'm a girly guy."  Kris took out his pocket mirror and checked his reflection.  After feeling satisfied with how he looked, he placed the mirror back in his pocket.  "What?"  He asked as Amber looked at him weirdly.
 

"No, you're not girly.  You're just vain."  Amber reached out and ruffled Kris' hair, purposely messing it up, knowing that it will rile up the other.
 

"How dare you!!!"  Kris attacked Amber with tickles.
 

They somehow ended up tackling each other and rolling on the ground until they both stopped, lying beside each other on the grass, panting heavily.
 

"Since I like boys and you like girls. Can't we like each other?" Amber asked after catching her breath.  She didn't dare to turn her head to look at Kris beside her.  She could tell that Kris was staring at her weirdly right now.
 

"Do you think I could like a boyish girl like you?"
 

Amber closed her eyes as she anticipated the rejection.  "I guess not."  She sighed, wishing she didn't ask that stupid question.
 

"You guessed wrong."
 

Amber opened her eyes in surprise and saw that Kris' face was just a few inches above hers. "Oh," was all Amber managed to say as Kris initiated their first kiss.


THE END (of the first drabble.  There's more!!!)

 

A/N:  Tell me what you think of this drabble! ^^  There will be maybe two more drabbles.  Depending on you guys and on my free time, I might make more than just two more.