Chapter 44: Almost

Clash Academy

It has been one week since that night at Myeondong when Chanyeol confessed his feelings for you. It has been also a week that you had been avoiding him in school. You never talked to him, you were not yet ready to face him and you guessed he might have felt the same. After his confession, you were thinking that he was definitely mad at you for rejecting him.

You would always excuse yourself not to join the guys for lunch. You couldn't stand seeing Chanyeol because you felt guilt every time you see him. Being his seatmate was already a torture for you, it was even hard to look at him during class hours.

And there was one person who knew what's going on, it was Baekhyun. After that night, Chanyeol came over to Baekhyun's house and told him everything. He felt sad for his best buddy. He knew all along how Chanyeol's feelings for you were even he didn't know before that it was you. He couldn't even blame you for rejecting Chanyeol's love, Baekhyun also treats you as his friend. It was hard for him to be also torn in between the situation. He guessed that time would heal the wound to each of you and he was still hoping that both of you would be friends again.

Suho also noticed that you had been avoiding Chanyeol. He also observed that during lunch breaks, you were not joining them while Chanyeol was always silent despite their joyous chatters in their table. He knew there was something wrong going on with the two of you. He was not used to it because you and Chanyeol seemed to be inseparable.

It was dismissal time. He was walking on his way to the parking lot when he saw a familiar figure, sitting alone at one of the benches under the old and huge oak tree. He silently sat beside you and you were surprised to see him.

"Do you have a problem? You know I'm always here ready to listen." Suho said as he gave a comforting smile.

You looked at his eyes and you don't know why but it gave you this strange feeling, the same feeling when you were dancing with him before at the gazebo. You averted your eyes and looked down. It would be embarrassing seeing your face starting to turn into crimson. For a while, your thoughts were shifted on him from Chanyeol.

"I'm okay Suho. Thank you for asking but I'm really okay." You replied.

He knew you were lying but he couldn't pushed you to spill out maybe you were not yet ready. He reached out your hand at your lap and squeezed it gently which made you looked at him again.

"Min Na, I'm not used on seeing you sad like this. But if you are ready to tell me what's really bothering you, just always remember that I am here." Suho assured.

You smiled. "Thank you." You replied then he shoved some strands of you hair at the back of your ear as he held your chin. You were frozen as your eyes met.

"Finally you smiled." He said.

"MIN NA!!!" Someone shouted as you immediately pulled away from Suho.

Kai was approaching you and his eyes landed immediately on you. Then he saw Suho who was still holding your hand. He intently stared at it. He was jealous.

He grabbed your other hand. "Let's go!" He ordered.

You and Suho were confused on what he was doing as both of you exchanged looks.

Kai bowed his head at Suho. "We are leaving now hyung." He said and you were shocked with his words.

"Leaving?" You blurted and the next thing you know he dragged you along with him, Suho let go of your hand as he watched you and Kai walked away, leaving him speechless.

Kai was holding firmly your hand, the expression on his face was hard to read but right now you were mad on what he had done.

You halted. He also did.

"Kai! What was that?" You said.

"I can't take seeing you so close with hyung and why was he holding your hand like that! The way he looks at you is killing me!" His inner voice said but he instead replied, "Nothing."

"Nothing? That was so rude of you! You didn't even give me a chance to say goodbye to Suho and you drag me just like that?!" You said.

He knew you were pissed off so he swallowed his pride and jealousy. He held your face in between his hands as he leaned closer to your face. "I'm sorry jaggiya." He said as he again flashed his crooked smile.

You slapped his arm hard as he growled in pain. "I told you so many times to stop calling me that okay!" You shouted as your face flushed red. Kai just chuckled.

You sighed, his laughter added to your annoyance. He stopped laughing then he reached out your hand to your side and looked at you. This time he looked serious.

"I'm sorry." He uttered as he flashed his crooked smile.

---------------------------------------------------

"What are we doing here?" You asked Kai. He dragged you to the Dance Club quarters. No one was around. The Dance Club quarters was like a dance studio, there were mirrors on the wall and a wooden floor which was smooth.

"I just wanted to help your forget your problems. Now just sit there, relax and watch me." Kai replied as he went to the speakers, plugged in his iPhone. He started to play a music, a piano playing at the intro. He slowly made smooth gliding steps in the middle of the dance floor.

Deoneun mangseoriji ma jebal
nae simjangeul geodueo ga
Geurae nalkaroulsurok joha
dalbit jochado nuneul gameun bam 
Na anin dareun namjayeotdamyeon 
huigeuk anui han gujeorieotdeoramyeon
Neoui geu saranggwa bakkun sangcheo modu taewobeoryeo

Every move he make, every twist and turn, it was so perfect -- breathtaking. You couldn't help but be amazed at him

Baby don’t cry tonight eodumi geochigo namyeon
Baby don’t cry tonight eobseotdeon iri doel geoya
Mulgeopumi doeneun geoseun nega aniya
kkeutnae mollaya haetdeon 
So baby don’t cry cry nae sarangi neol jikil teni

As he dances, his eyes were only laid on you making your heart skipped a beat. Honestly, dancing was your frustration and you really adore people who were good at it. You admit, Kai was not just good, he was splendid. The way his body goes with every beat and rhythm of the song, it was effortless. And he was truly right, watching him dancing, your mind was blown away as you forget your problems.

Ireun haessari noga naerinda
Neoreul darmeun nunbusimi naerinda
Gireul irheun nae nuneun ijeya cry cry cry

The song ended as he made a bow. He slowly walked into you, he could see in your face that you were truly stunned as your mouth still hanging open. He leaned down to your face as he put his finger under your chin and tilted it up.

"You don't want a fly entering your mouth, do you?" He said as he flashed his crooked smile.

You shut your mouth as you pushed him away. "Pabo!"

He chuckled. "Admit it! Am amazing! Aren't I?" He said.

You rolled your eyes. "No you're not! Lay is much better!" You blurted back.

He hissed. "Lay? This is all about me. Just admit it, I saw your eyes sparkle while you were watching me." He said as he was again getting closer.

Your face now starting to flush red. You stood attempting to walk away but you slipped.

Kai instantly caught you in his arms, your other arm clinging at his shoulders.

Now his face were few inches from yours as you both looked at each other, surprised. Kai could feel his heartbeat racing while you were there frozen. He averted his eyes down on your lips, your pink and soft lips. It was tempting him to lay his lips on yours. He wanted to fight it, but his urges couldn't, his lips were trembling as he leaned closer. You couldn't move.

"What are you guys doing?!" Lay shouted as his eyes widened, definitely shocked.

Kai immediately pulled away as he helped you stood. You both composed yourself, trying not to looked at each other.

"Did the two of you just kiss?" Lay asked suspiciously.

"NO!" You both shouted.

Lay still not convinced. "Really?" He inquired.

"YES!" You and Kai said chorally.

"Yes? So the two of you really did kiss?" Lay said now he was just teasing. He winked at Kai. He knew Lay was now trolling you.

"Zhang Yixing! Kai and I did not kiss okay? Stop it now please!" You whined as you covered your face with your hands.

Kai and Lay exchanged glances as they began to chuckle.

You darted them a look as you raised a brow. "Ya! Now you are making fun of me now huh?! Aissh!" You blurted.

Lay patted your shoulder. "Aww. Mianhae Min Na-ah!" He apologized as he smiled showing off his remarkable dimples.

You smiled back. "It's okay." You replied then you looked at Kai. "Are you the one who taught him how to tease?" You said.

"Hey! Of course not!" He defended as he flashed again his crooked smile.

"Ugh! Boys!" You exclaimed as you threw your hands in the air and walked out of the quarters.

Lay and Kai exchanged glances and laughed again.

Then Lay again asked Kai, "But seriously, what are you guys doing when I came?"

Kai tapped Lay shoulders. "Hyung get over with it. That was just nothing. I'll just go to the washroom." He replied as he stormed out of the room.

"I almost kissed her." Kai thought and as he pictured again in his mind your face closed to his, he could feel butterflies in his stomach.

------------------------------------------------

The next day it was strange that no students were roaming around the hallway. You were also shocked that your classroom was empty. You checked your watch and it was exactly 7:30 in the morning and anytime Ms. Kang would arrive for class. You started to wonder if you forgot any announcement that there were no class for today.

"There you are!" Baekhyun shouted. He was catching his breath as he walked towards you.

"Min Na-ah you have to see this!" He said as he grabbed your hand, dragging you along with him outside the room.

"What is happening? Where's everybody?" You asked him. You were so dumbfounded on what was really going on.

"You'll see!" Baekhyun replied as both of you were rushing towards the Two Moon Administration Building.

All students were crowding infront of the huge bulletin board.

"She's here!" One of the students shouted. Then all of them craned their heads and looked at you.

You suddenly felt horror with all their stares. You just wanted to disappear now. "Baekhyun what is happening?" You whispered to him.

"Just go at the bulletin board and take a look!" He said as he pushed you as you make a step towards the  bulletin board, students were parting making a way for you.

This made you more tense, if eyes could shot an arrow, probably you were dead with all the stares of the students around you.

"Did I do something wrong?" You thought.

Finally, you were now in front of the bulletin board. Your eyes widened with what was posted. You read it carefully. You blinked several times. You even shook your head.

"Am I dreaming?" You muttered.