Reading and Writing part 2

Learning Korean

Hi guys~

I have time today~ so this is another chapter on Korean Reading and Writing. Since last week was basics, this week is just gonna be like a bit of an extension version.

So this chapter is gonna be like the last one, the alphabet.

Last chapter had the normal consonants so:

 
Anyway, those were the basics okay? This lesson will be about double consonants.
Like the English alphabet, only some consonants can be doubled, but the ones that double are completely different.
In English, we can double l,d,s,r,t,p,b and a lot more, and when we pronounce the word, we don't have to add in an accent, but... For Korean, when you double a consonant, you have to put in an accent as you read, otherwise, the word can end up sounding like something totally different.
In Korean, the only consonants that can be doubled are:
ㄱ (G)
ㄷ (D)
ㅂ (B)
ㅅ (S)
ㅈ (J)
 
So when we double one of the above while writting, they will und up looking like this:
ㄱ -ㄲ
ㄷ -ㄸ
ㅂ -ㅃ
ㅅ -ㅆ
ㅈ -ㅉ
 
And they will sound like
ㄲ -Gg
ㄸ -Dd
ㅃ -Bb
ㅆ -Ss
ㅉ -Jj
 
So they sound like the normal letter, only that you have to pronouce it will a harder tone? Is that the word?
So for example, everyone knows the word oppa right? and in the previous chapter, I said it should actually be written 'Obba' not 'Oppa'?
In Korean, it's written 오빠
So the 오 is the 'o' in 'Obba/oppa'
and the 빠 is the 'bba' in 'Obba/Oppa'
 
if you still don't understand, i suggest you listen to 'Bar Bar Bar' by Crayon Pop. The song is called '빠빠빠' in Korean and the English title is 'Bar Bar Bar' and I honestly don't understand why... the title when I see it in English reminds me of a Pub or like a wine house...
Anyways, in the song, you will hear them say "Bba Bba Bba" almost everywhere. Through the begining, middle and end. "Bba Bba Bba" is like the 2nd line of the song.
 
And another one where i can give you an explanation to is the 'ㅆ'.
ㅆ- is pronounced Ss or Ps. So, you should all know Psy. If you don't... well... I don't know where you were and what on earth you were doing last year and this year. Psy is a Korean Singer and he is best known for his successful concerts and his popular song that everyone with internet knows- "Gangnam Style".
So ㅆ is the Ps is Psy. And no, his name is not P.S.Y. It's Psy. Yeah if you don't know how to pronounce his name, then try and use some word like 'Psychology'.
 
 
Anyway~ that was another chapter on this area, Reading and Writing.
And I know it took like heaps long for me to unload this chapter, but honestly, I have been so busy that is it actually not funny. +Plus+ I'm going to Korea~
Yeah Buddy!~
I cannot express my happiness enough :)
Anyways, shall try to update faster for all my beautiful readers, but seeing that I'm gonna be in Korea for like a month, I have no idea if I'll be able to while I'm there... I'll try to upload one before, but... Can't guarantee... Maybe I can make the next chapter a test? Hmm...
Anyway~ if you get over this chapter and the chapter before, then wala! your Korean reading and writing skills shall be perfect. I think...
Hahaha Okay~
OMG and today was 찬열's Birthday~ (27/11/13)
Hehe yes that is a test for you guys. Who and how is 찬열 spelt in English?