Third Chapter

Royal Legend

 

My prayer is for you not to remember

I pledge to hunt you down

Our love born from the pandemonium

Until the end of time

So that your face wont be stained by tears again

I dont care if I'm stained by blood

My love, may you not love me once more

Or if I commit a taboo

Pain and sorrow I can bear but never is your despair

Even when I crush loving hearts

I love you, may you never know.

I'll still ruthlessly aim for your death

Our fate was written long ago. 

Surrender was my choice.

Obey was mine.

 

 

1st of May
Passage of the May Queen
Blossoming Pledge Palace, Aviv, Fae

 

Wind breathes gentleness and freshness in Aviv, the welcoming fragrance of flower and the scent of happiness strolling the city freely. Unlike the mystic and magical capital of Zima, Fae's capital boast of merry atmosphere where pixies may have been playing. The elegant entrance of the white carriage adorned by blueish railings pulled by the majestic snow-shaded manes made the citizen stare in awe. Zima has joined the festivities. A first of the country and it fueled them even more so. A citizen merrily shouted "We need to let Zima see our kind of festivity" which earned a hearty laugh. 

Welcoming Hall, Blossoming Pledge Palace, Aviv, Fae
The Ninth Hour

Minseok stared at the woman blankly. The redness on his cheeks visible and the furious guards behind him exudes murder all over. The slap took him by surprise, the mad woman glared at her ready to lunge at him any minute yet he stood still silently observing and blocking Tao from killing the woman. He knew the woman. He knew her even if he was not supposed to. He had no choice. It was his punishment. Memories came down on him, pouring inside his head like heavy rain and it hurt his heart. The memories that he tried to erase resurfaced. He need to act strong even when the world was crushing down in front of him. That was his role. As the king. As Xiumin. As the descendant of the Snow Queen, Zimalia Xiu. 

"Is this the traditional way of greeting in Fae, your highness?" His voice came out colder as he had expected. The great prince of the nation had his smile erased as he stood in shock and horror. The woman apparently was not to his calculation. Xiumin eyes travelled to the woman. She was beautiful even when furious. Venomous aura emitting from her body. The cold stare coming from him made the woman shiver in fear but her courage was too strong to be broken down by a look. 

"You won't scare me with those eyes, bastard" Xiumin sighed and let Tao did his job. An insult to the king is an insult to the nation itself. The girl yelp in surprise as the raven haired general nimbly threatened to slit the young lady's throat with a dagger. Xiumin stood still watching the reactions of the other royals.   Kris flew to take the girl away from danger's way glaring at the guard then to the Zimalian King. 

"What the heck do you think you're doing?" The authoritative voice was enraged as his precious little sister experienced such a scary experience. 

"That should be my question, King of Rubius. I came here to settle our alliance and not to receive a slap from some hormonal royal princess. Surely, the Kris of the alliance should know that an insult to the king is an insult to the nation. Has your country forgotten the most basic etiquettes in royal manners with all the laws of hospitality you've established?" Xiumin's voice was strict and commanding, far from the comfortable and calm voice they heard inside the walls of the winter nations. Kris stared at his sister who was trembling while watching the King of Winter oozing with rage. The cold smoke coming from his body has not escaped her. 

"Is this true, Anna?" Kris knew that his sister was enraged by the engagement of his step-brother and the King but he hadn't expected that she'll be so foolish and slap the King. He needs to remind her of her position before she gets into greater trouble than she already encountered. The princess stared at Luhan and then to his brother. Luhan stared at Xiumin like a puppy drenched in rain. His guard and the famous duke behind him offers no comfort to her. 

"BUT--"

"IS THIS TRUE?" Kris voice thundered inside the hall making the young girl flinch. She never saw his brother angry to her before. Even when she was selfish and spoiled, he would always defend her side. She cried. "I am disappointed in you, Anna Wu. Return to your quarters at once" The young princess with face streaked with large drops of tears ran towards her room. The Emperor of Rubius dropped his knee at once and offered his sincere apology, Luhan followed suit. 

"Stand up gentlemen, your apologies are fully taken. Let us proceed to our business" Kris and Luhan stood up. Kris heavied a sigh of relief while Luhan managed to procure a welcoming smile to the king. 

"Welcome to Fae, Minmin" The great prince welcomed making Xiumin flinched at the nickname. Nostalgia was eating him. Tao elbowed him at his side to stop the faltering expression on his face

"Thank you, Xi Lu Han" The words came out bitter. His name still have that electrifying effect and he was supposed to forgot about it. It was not his memory anymore. Don't do this, baozi. Minseok winced as Luhan's tear streaked face appeared on his mind. Till when? How many cycles more? Don't leave me, please.

Hall of Bradwell
Blossoming Pledge Palace, Aviv, Fae
The twelfth hour

"Won't you have lunch?" Lu Han stared at the Holy King whose eyes were fixed at the book he was reading. He held his breath as the same large chocolate orbs held his own. Round face and pale skin. He was cute and beautiful. Xiumin of Zima. Lu Han can't pry the familiarity engulfing him. It was as if the foreign king belong to this place. He belongs to Aviv. To Fae. To him. It was an odd feeling. It was like he knew the king from so many years ago. Kim Minseok. The name brought warm chills over his body. 

"I have eaten, sire" The tugging feeling in Lu Han's chest was stronger than any curiousity he had ever felt. It was wrecking his ribs with the monstrous palpitations of his heart. Luhan settled at the empty space next to the king. The gentle breeze and the dancing petals gracing them with a merry atmosphere. They were blessed by the naughty fairies as they danced in the silent orchestra of mother nature offering the greatest of sweet scents of the flowering buds. Luhan silently watched the butterflies flying freely at the garden outside the shrine of the first King of Spring. A butterfly rested on Minseok's book. Minseok stared at the insect with pained eyes. "The butterfly lovers" Luhan stared at him in shock. The story was known only to their nation. It was a common folklore. 

"How do you know about that story?"

"A loved one told me the story before"

"A loved one? A faerian?"

"Yes. A faerian. A very important person" Lu Han once again met Xiumin's orbs. It was speaking of a sorrowful story he can't hear. It took a lot for Lu Han not to embrace the king for comfort as they were basically strangers. But he felt that he had that right. The right to embrace him. You are mine, aren't you? A voice echoed inside his head. It was his. He was claiming that person's heart but he don't know that person. It always happen to him. He was watching a scene of himself talking to someone whose face he never knew. I love you. I would till eternity. "Do you think they are happy?" The prince stared at the King in surprise. "The butterfly lovers"

"I think so. Afterall, they are still with each other" Silence was overwhelming. It was comfortable yet awkward. The prince loved the soothing presence the young Zimalian King produce but he feels that there was something missing and it was leaving a gaping hole in his heart. 

"I see" 

"Don't you think so?" Long eyelashes, rosy cheeks and kissable lips. Luhan stared at the King in enchantment. He was more beautiful than the paintings of the fairies inside the castle walls. "Won't you do the same?" The question suddenly escaped his lips. It was something he hadn't thought about. It was just there. Xiumin stared at him in shock and in horror. As if he was caught red-handed. Yet it was cute. Everything about him was cute. I'll love you even if I don't know it's you.

"I won't. I'll probably let the girl marry and wish for her happiness even if its not me by her side" There was a pang on his chest. The stinging sensation as if it was something real. The blond prince don't know why but sadness crawled inside his skin. Don't leave, please, don't.

"What if her happiness was by his side?" Lu Han held Xiumin's gaze. The Holy king tried his best not to let the threatening tears fall down. He hadn't expected for the conversation to flow this way. I love you so don't go.

Altar of Braile
Merchant Center, Aviv, Fae
The  seventeenth hour

Xiumin sat in the middle of the king of Rubius and the Great Prince of Fae with Tao hovering behind. Without even glancing to the direction of King of Summer, he knew that the Emperor was looking at Tao's direction. Xiumin retraced his attention to parade of flowers and noticed from the corner of his eyes the guard whispering something to Lu Han. 

"Is there something wrong?" The prince smiled at him mischievously. Minseok knew far too well that the creepy smile means trouble. He knew how the kingdom itself can gang on a trouble they thought. The citizens think a-like. Min! Please take care of yourself! 

"Can you help me with something, Xiumin?" 

"Well, if it does not bring any harm then sure"

"Trust me, it won't" Minseok nodded at his guard assuring him that everything is taken care of. Yes. Eveything. Even the excruciating pain of deceiving his heart was taken care of. Way too well. Tao hesitated but allowed the king to be dragged down the viewing altar. 

"As long as you don't destroy our plans, Minmin"

May Queen Parade
Merchant Center, Aviv, Fae
The nineteenth Hour

Minseok blushed at all the stares headed his way. The wolf-whistle and the acknowledging snickers made it worse. He, the Holy King of Zima, was dressed in a white gown as the May Queen because the chosen lead was down with a fever. The grinning prince winked at him flirtatiously proud at the result of his own schemes. The Holy king was really beautiful both as a male and female. His white flawless skin was something women envied and his round perfectly proportioned features made them cry. He was a heavenly blessing to earth. 

"Smile, my Queen" Minseok did as he was told before stomping Luhan's feet in retort. The prince yelp softly in pain at the strong force his feet encountered. He forgot the warning of his new found friend in the persona of the third prince about the monstrous strength inside the short body of the king. "That's not very lady-like"

"You want me to send a very lady-like fist, sire?" The threat made the blonde prince shudder and shook his head. The procession of went smoothly. Minseok eyed the city and its meritorous citizens in nostalgia. It's your city, Minmin. 

As soon as the parade arrived at its destination, Minseok's fake smile disappeared and he rushed his way to the dressing room with a trailing Lu Han behind him. He took his wig with a pout making the prince chuckle. How can someone be so cute? Luhan thought. Isn't it a sin? A trial from the gods? 

"Your highness!" A familiar voice called from the crowd in front of him. It was the voice of the closest earl in his heart. Lay of Fae. Zhang Yi xing. Minseok stopped in horror. His eyes went wide in shock. The doctor did the same. 

"Baozi-hyung!" The king froze on spot while the blonde haired prince watched the two of them who has their feet on the ground. Yi xing was the first to move as he rushed towards Minseok and squeezed him into a tight hug. "Min-ge"

"W-W-Why" Minseok trembled as he softly push the physician away from him. "Why do you remember? Why?" It came as a whisper but it was loud enough for Lu Han to hear. Remember what? Lu Han's head was spinning as a familiar voice whispered inside his head. Forget eveything, Lulu. Please. I can't hurt you. Darkness attacked Luhan like a bullet and his body was not prepared for it. Xiumin noticed the prince collapsing and automatically dashed to catch him. The worried voice calling a pet name that he only remember in his dream was the last thing he remembered before his conciousness slipped away. Luhan fainted. Lulu. 

 

 

In thousand and thousand of words 

There is one sentence that express my heart

In thousand and thousand of words

There is one sentence that allows us to be together

 

I love you

-LIANG SHAN BO YU ZHU LI YE lyrics

I love you. The word is our taboo. You must never love me again.

-Xiumin Kim Minseok

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n sorry for the very very very late update. Busy with life people~ I'm very sorry. I'll update my other stories tomorrow promise~ This is it for gyeoulie~ Have fun reading everyone~ Stay tuned~