First Chapter

Royal Legend

 

April 20
The night of the witches
Vintur, Zima

 

Enchanting. The word perfectly describes the capital of the nation of winter, Zima. There was a magical and mysterious air around the place that reels you into a world of fantasy. The harmony of white, blue, and gray created that somber and elegant mood expressed by the city. The towering structures of ice crystal unique only to the kingdom glistened marvelously with refracted light producing the subtle rainbow effect that brings smile to your face. The mysterious clock tower made of ice studded simplistically with gigantic gemstones boast of the kingdom's wealth and luxury. Amongst all the stunning things that made the city magical and enchanting there was one that stood out most of all, the castle of ice. The royal castle that sprung out from a fantasy book. A gigantic structure where the Holy King resides. The castle was made of ice like most of the buildings but there was that blueish shimmer that draws you in, the towers, the gates, and the marvelous chamber of the king, all painted with the natural silent color of snow. 

The place was cold with the snow falling mildly without stop it is but a natural occurance. And yet, the merry atmosphere was visible to the plain sight with local merchants heating the place with their unique ways of attracting customers. The place was busy and noisy. More so when a parade of carriage drawn by elegant sable stags. Murmurs filled the streets in no time. The waving flags that carries the insignia of the strong neighboring nations had sparked the interest of the citizens, the alliance had arrived. 

Temple of Snow, Vintur, Zima
The thirteenth hour

Stern meets the gentle. Two prominent figures were on a single table staring at each other with opposing expressions on their faces. The blonde ruler that have the larger portion of the world in his hands was glaring at the smiling High priest whose authority can massacre every foreigners inside the room. It brought great annoyance to the great king of Rubius to be treated with mockery as the Holy King refused to meet him in person for some foolish traditions. There was a chilly tension surrounding the male as both refuse to yield in the negotiation. 

"I request nothing but the presence of the Holy King" A strained smile crossed the kind features of the priest whose irritation can no longer be hidden by the gentle facade. The foriegn ruler is as stubborn as a spoiled child. 

"I apologize for the fifteenth time but the king is under a ritual where he needs to be isolated for the week where we celebrate Walpurgis night" There was the obvious hint of disdain on the tone igniting the tension. Formalities dropped instantly as the priest find it tiring to talk to a haughty and disrespecting ruler. 

"This is mockery to the kingdom of Rubius. I demand the presence of your king!" 

"Our traditions conflicts with your demand, sire. Please understand"

"This is of more pressing matters" The high priest snapped at the statement. The ominous aura he released was eating the whole of the room and his smile made the air heavier. He had enough of this.

"We can have this conversation whole week, sire, still the answer remains same. The Holy King shan't meet with anyone because of our traditions. You can negotiate with me or wait for next year only to remain with the same situation. The choices are plain, sire" The tall gentleman standing next to the emperor of the nation of summer had taken the statement as an insult thus his immediate reflex to withdraw his sword from its scabbard which was stopped by the king with a swift block of his arms. 

"Do I take that as a breach of hospitality?" The priest chuckled at the subtle threat from the king. He eyed the soldier who features resembles those of the citizens of Zimal with his pale skin and doll-like face despite the scent of blood he was releasing. 

"Forgive this rudeness, sire, but it seems that you have clearly forgotten the extent of your contracts. Zima is not a member of the alliance. Your rules does not extend to these parts and of course it's punishments. Furthermore, the moment you enter the borders of our nation, your authority as a king has lost its power. We only have the words of the Holy King to follow. We wish not to be rude but situation tells us otherwise. Our nation wishes to remain its stance" 

"Do we take this a declaration of war?" The young emperor gritted his teeth in annoyance. He takes no rudeness from anyone and certainly not from this man. 

"We wish to remain at peace and neutrality but if the alliance feels not the same we're left not a choice but to defend ourselves" Kris scowled at the statement. The priest had guts to refute and openly bare his fangs against the leader of the alliance. He was confident of the nation's capabilities to escape the power of the Feya Alliance. Yet, he can't have those events happen. Zima is a nation to be feared. This was a lesson passed generations after generations to the rulers of Rubius. 

"Have it your way" The young emperor clenched his fist at the defeat against the priest clad in his silly robes whose smile irritates him more. The priest nodded in approval as the negotiations finally started to move forward. 

 

Blanche Square, Vintur, Zima
Fifteenth hour


Kim Jongin scanned the whole area with his alert eyes from the center of the square where a white-stoned fountain was located. He wondered how the water didn't freeze despite the cold temperature. It was a mystery to him. He eyed the beads of crystal candies he bought at one of the stalls moments ago. He was informed that the candy leads you to your fated person and was a delicacy. There was a soft tap on his shoulders snapping him from his thoughts and making him look up. His cousin greeted him with a mischievous smile as he seemed to have escaped once again from his pink-haired wind sprite. 

"What's that?" Lu han took the space next to the sunkissed skinned duke sitting leisurely at the side of the fountain. He glanced at the sugary crystals resting on the palms of his partner-in-crime. 

"A delicacy with a twist" the prince raised his brows forming a jestering smirk from the duke "It brings you to your true love, I was informed"

"When did you became a er for romance?" The young male whose auburn head was ruffled by the chucklings prince's hands growled at the actions. He pried the hands away from his head before brushing it ily with his right hand. The prince whose pale blonde hair oddly coincides with the color scheme of the nation rolled his eyes at the younger's behavior. Jongin chuckled at the expression the doe eyed prince did before tossing another pack of crystal candies to him. Luhan opened it immediately and placed a bead inside his mouth. "Its delish~"

"Mannerless." Jongin groaned at the statement. The prince of the spring had his speech tainted by the young general who was currently missing as of the moment. The sharp tongue younger male who would not hesitate to chastise them for their naughty acts. The duke winced at the stoic disapproving expression the pink-haired male who was standing in front of him wordlessly was giving. He elbowed the prince who was enjoying his candies. Luhan nearly choked at the action and was about to complain when Sehun's figure caught his attention. 

"Hi, Sehunnie" The doe eyed prince chuckled nervously as the guard stood firmly on the ground still with a stern expression. The duke sneakily disappeared leaving only but a trace of smoke in his wake. A strong grip held his arms before he can escape again. 

"Enjoyment is over" The pink-haired general stated coldly making the blonde prince sighed in defeat as he then let the younger to drag him back to the silent temple where they are  lodging for their visit. He glared at the duke who reappeared with at the fountain smiling at him while waving goodbye. 

Guest Hall
Temple of Snow, Vintur, Zima
Seventeenth Hour

"Channie~"Kris sighed at his older step brother's usual silly antics. The prince made ran towards the tall and lean general who smiled at the prince. "I bought you something" The emperor raised his brow at the beads of crystal on his brother's hands. The High priest who insist on accompanying them chuckled. 

"That's a snow drop candy. It's a delicacy made during Walpurgis night. Legends has it that it'll lead you to your soulmate" The sable headed priest explained making the prince smile proudly. 

"How does it lead you to your soulmate?" The smiling Grand duke questioned accepting the beads nudged to him by the prince of their allied nation. 

"The beads that glows the same color under the red moon are fated"

"Red moon?" The blonde princed interrupted which he was replied with a soft nod by the high priest. Chanyeol smiled as a brunet appeared next to him linking his hand with his. The other Grand Duke eyed the High Priest before bowing politely. A Zimalian manner to adrdress the High Priest. Lu Han tilted his head at the actions before realizing what it means. He quickly copied the duke's action. The priest answered them with a pat on their heads a symbolic gesture that means "Blessed you are for today".

"Yes. Walpurgis night is also known for the blood red moon that appears on the sky during the zenith of the festivity just after the ceremonial dance of the snow maidens. When the red moon appears the snow drop candies glow with different colors unknown even to the creator so those who share the same color are said to be fated"

"I wanna see the red moon and the dancing maidens" The prince announced making the youngest male inside the room wince. He had to deal with the prince obsession with escaping yet again. The High priest chuckled before bidding his goodbye. "KRIS~ YOU NEED ONE OF THESE TOO~" The emperor groaned at the loud voice. His brother is really annoying. The rest chuckled in amusement. 

 

Training Grounds
Legionaire Royal, Vintur, Zima
Eighteenth hour

 

"I believe this place is off limits to the guests" The teleporter jumped at the sudden voice reproaching him for his presence. He spun his heels to the direction of its owner and was graced by the presence of a cute male who seems to be much younger than he is. The duke scanned the shorter male who, according to the garments he was wearing, is a ranked military official. Big chocolate orbs patiently waited for his answer still alert and dubious of the reason why he was on the location. Jongin bit his inner cheeks to stop the blush trying to crept its way to his face. "Are you perhaps lost?" Silence confirmed the soldier's doubts. "Follow me. I shall lead you to the main street"

"Thanks" The duke shyly muttered earning a smile and nod from the short soldier who started to backtrack their way to the main steets which took five minutes overall. The red headed military personnel expected for the stranger to walk way as they have now found the main street but he was wrong, as the foriegner continued to trail behind him. 

"We're at the main street" The wide eyed soldier informed earning a doubting we-are? kind of look from the gentleman. He sighed. This one seems to have a bad sense of direction. "Nevermind. Where are you staying?"

"Staying?" 

"Yes. The name of the lodge house you'll be sleeping for the night" The soldier impatiently questioned. He was tired from training and now he has to deal with this clueless person. He let out a frustrated sigh. 

"I don't know. My colleagues took care of the lodgings. I was separated from them" More like, I separated myself from them. Jongin eyed the petit soldier and smirked at the adorable facial expression he was making. He silently watched how the soldier furrow his brows in deep thinking. Truth is, the duke fully knows the way to the Temple of Snow. Though it appears that his teleportation abilities are sealed as he can't directly teleport himself to the temple but he knows the path to walked on. He was just curious about the small soldier accompanying him. 

"I'll help you search for the lodgings. There aren't that many since the nation's closed most of the year" The duke smiled as he nodded softly and resumed retracing of the soldier as they started their nonsense search of lodging. The burgundy headed male simply smirked wondering what kind of expression would the soldier would make if he knew he was tricked. 

Gardens of Truth
Vintur, Zima
Nineteenth Hour

Lu Han and Kris decided to take a little walk. The former for a stroll and fun while the latter to observe and study. Taking a small break at one of the most relaxing spot in the city. The garden where flowers only rare to Zima displays their beauty. The flowers that only blooms in winter. Somehow it sounds romantic and enchanting. Both male silently walked side by side comfortably which was a rare case as they are often found bickering in some stupid arguments the older would start. The older royal, without the other noticing, made his way to follow an intriguing animal that caught his interest. A small white tiger cub. 

"There he is Zania. I told you the little one would come back" A voice chirped merrily. Lu Han stared at the adult white tigress motioning for her cub to come closer. He froze in wonder. The creature was elegant and majestic. The snow white fur and the black stripes were breathtaking. The carnivore growled at his direction apparently sensing his presence. The blonde prince shivered in fright but remained his cool confident that he can escape this predicament alive. "Who are you? Come out" The voice ordered in which he complied. He don't want to appear as an enemy or some sort since it'll only complicate the relations between the alliance and the nation. Xi Lu Han, the prince of Fae, stared at the beauty in front of him enchanted. The flawless porcelain face with its round cheeks and alert feline-like eyes was the epitome of cuteness and elegance. The robes of silvery-blue silk made his complexion glow against the moonlight. The long silky sable hair dancing against the night breeze made it hard to look away. "You are?"

"A guest for the festival" The prince answered clumsily. The cub made its way to him staggering cutely on its way. The female and the adult tigress stared in surprise. 

"Have you lost your way? This is a forbidden section sealed to the guest" The female Zimal informed as she watch the foreigner pat the cub gently. Saria, the little cub, nuzzled his head on the stranger's legs which was a rarity since the cub is known for his alert and dubious stance towards humans. Lu Han stared at the female tigress trainer and smiled apologetically. 

"I see. I was on a stroll with my brother in the Gardens of Truth when I found this little one" 

"Is that so? I'll let this pass but hurry and return to the festival immediately" The prince meekly nodded. He stood up and made his way towards the female. He handed a bead of the snow drop candy leaving him with one last bead. The female raised her brow at him. 

"It's my thanks" The prince grinned merrily earning a heart-stopping smile from the female. The rustles on the leaves and the alert stance the tigress took ended the blonde prince stupor. He readied himself for an ambush and was suprised when he saw his brother staggering to dodge some attacker. Luhan eyed his brother curiously. "Brother?" Kris glanced at his direction glaring at him for suddenly disappearing without prior notice. The spring royal representative stared at the mruderous black-clad soldier with a daggers on his hands and was coldly sending death looks at his brother and now him. 

"Enough. Retreat those weapons to their places, Tao" The female spoke in great authority as she calmed the tigress down. "Is he your brother, stranger?" 

"Yes, he is. We were separated at the Garden of Truths" The assailant in one swift motion hid all his weapons inside his garments. Kris stood up and dusted his pants briskly. He sends one last glare to the attacker before he curtsied to the female as a sign of thanks. Lu Han sighed. He stared at the moon slowly turning into its color into red. It was beautiful. He was lost in the beauty of the red moon that he didn't notice the glowing blue light enclosed in his hand which only the female noticed. The candy in her hands reflected the same. Kris groaned as he watched his pocket release some sort of yellow light piercing his vision. He took the candy and threw it to the ground annoyed. Tao, the assailant from before, clicked his tongue at the stupid yellow light coming out of his mouth without knowledge to the same colored candy thrown at the ground. The lean and nimble guard spat the candy out of his mouth grunting childishly.

"Your Highness!" The worried synchronized voices of two generals took the royals' attention. Chanyeol and Jongin's guide appeared with soldiers behind them. Lu Han eyed Jongin who teleported him away from the female and the carnivore. Chanyeol released his fire to protect his king from any dangers. The young Zimal general shook the place with the stomp of his feet and the soldier tensed at the brewing fight. Kris calmly walked towards his soldier's side without qualms. 

"Tao" The female ordered and soon after the soldiers were disarmed in a flash without any hints whatsoever of what happened. It appears though that soldiers of Zima are quite aware of what had happened as they immediately withdrew their offensive stance. The army of the alliance stared in shock. The fire from before seemed to have caught the nearest bush and set it ablaze and with a snap it froze and broke into chunks of ice. "What kind of behavior is this? The holy ceremony has not yet ended. Return to your post immediately. Have our royal guest escorted to the Temple of Snow" There was authority and power in the woman's words. Lu Han stared at her in awe. 

"As you please, your royal highness" The soldiers chanted as they did as what they are told. The female rode at the back of the adult tigress who walked on the opposite direction at them followed by the guard in black garments. The blonde haired prince who still seems to be confuse on some matters tilted his head and eyed the all-knowing duke.

"Who's she?" Jongin chuckled at the prince slowness. He glanced at the soldier-guide turned young general of Zimal who stared at him with surging hate. He returned his gaze to his clueless cousin.

"The Holy King"

"But, isn't the king a male?"

"Yes, he is." Luhan processed the answer causing some click and snap inside his brain due to the unhealthy intake of information he received. There was a long silence before the puzzle was solved.

"She's a He?" The burgundy headed man smiled at the reaction. His cousin don't lack in the entertaining factors in life. Xi Lu Han is simply a walking comedic relief. Jongin chuckled at the frozen prince mumbling incoherent words under his breath before he teleported him to the temple's guest hall. The only place he can reach safely without having his powers go haywire.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/n: I am overwhelmed by the warm replies this fic got. I hope the chapter is not a disappointment and that it sparked your curiousities. I apologize for the late update and thank you for your loving support. Any ideas, suggestions, corrections, I, as always, am willing to take. Please comment them down below. Thank you and I love you.