Only the real Lee Minho is good enough.

Illimitable

 

Fast forward 3 months.

I'm honestly really starting to like Korea as a country with flaws rather than the ideal country that a lot of variety shows make it look like. I get stared at a lot, but I’m starting get used to it. I mean come on if I had to lecture every damn person that stares at me, i might have as well just moved. The stares stopped at the university though, i guess I'm not a never-before-seen Pokémon anymore now that I've been walking around for three months.

''Would you have done this line differently and if so, how?'' Mr. Kim asked.
The question flew around my ears because he talked way to fast. My Korean improved a lot but for some reason this guy always talked way too rapid.
''UUUUH could you please repeat that?''I asked a bit embarrassed.
He smiled apologetically ''Sorry Lala, in your reports you write Korean so well, that I tend to forget that you are not a native speaker. ''He winked,( I hated how slimy this man could get sometimes), ''In any case, In this scene we see the Sujin-character run after the Choelsu-character, the way she says her line, do you think you would have done it different, better even, maybe?'' He asked this time a lot slower and with easier words, the whole sign-language was unnecessary though, with the best intentions it still made me feel like a little kid.
''I d...don't think I could do a better j...ob at th...this then the fam...ous Son Yejin herself, sir. ''I said slowly. I mentally slapped myself. Can you not stutter you know the damn words so why do you have to stutter.
''Really? But you must always strive to be the best and you all know that by now. ''He started talking in a very theatrical way as if he was playing in Macbeth or something. Everybody started sighing and murmuring in complaint.*sigh* here we go again I should've just said I could probably out act Son Yejin so bad she would start crying because now this guy starts again with his ever-going lecture to get us to reach the top ''You all know that with this kind of attitude, you will get nowhere...absolutely....?''He held his hand around his ear waiting for us to finish the sentence.
''Nowhere in the acting world or the entertainment world, you always need to feel the urge to crush your enemies like ants'' We said in choir, I looked at Kate sitting on my left who grinned at me. And then to my right at Adhira, who rolled her eyes at the ridiculousness of our professor. I tried to hold in my laughter.
''That is right, ladies and gentlemen. If we all keep thinking in the walk-over-me way that Lala does then we might as well...''
''CAN YOU JUST DO THE STUPID SCENE AND MAKE HIM SHUT UP?!?!?'' One of my classmates all the way in the back of the class asked me looking at me with desperate eyes.
Everybody started laughing including me and Mr. Kim.
''Well since you have such a big mouth, why don't you do the part of Cheolsu then?''Mr. Kim said smiling teasingly.
''Fine.'' Chinho said, He stood up and walked to the front of the class. And then looked at me, waiting.
Then it hit me ''Oh wait, i need to come too?'' I asked genuinely unknowing.
The class laughed again.
''Yes that would be handy, unless you want me to do a romantic scene by myself.'' Chinho said chuckling.
I walked to the front of the class and stood there next to Chinho.
''You both know the lines?''Mr. Kim asked. We both nodded this one of the most famous scenes in Korea. ''Okay, and start!"
Chinho started walking.

(I have to do this different than the original otherwise I'm just copying everything that I saw) Sujin: ''Is it that hard to say "I love you"?'' I ran to him grabbed his shoulder and turned him around to face me. I looked him in the eyes, my eyes full of desperation.
He slapped my hand away that was still on his shoulder, Choelsu: ''I'm getting tired of this! Wake up, will you? You're a princess, and I'm a beggar!''He knocked softly on my head with his balled hand still with a serious face.
I lowered my head trying to portray giving up.
That's when he put his index finger under my chin, looked me dead serious in the eyes. I tried to look curious,surprised and yet a little scared of his intense gaze waiting for what he would do next. Your turn Chinho.
All of a sudden he smiled gently with a cute eye-smile and removed his hand from my chin to my cheek and gently caressed it with his thumb, Choelsu: ''I love you.'' He then pulled me into a tight hug. And I was temporarily distracted by his fantastic smell with my face in his freaking sweater.
I then looked up to look him in the eyes and smile, Sujin:''See? That wasn't so hard.''.
That was when we both knew we were done and pulled away shyly and a little too quick.
Mr. Kim stood there with an open mouth and the class all were sitting at the edge of their seat. I don't think it was the originality of the improve-scene; frankly this was a scene you could see in every romantic movie. But maybe it was our natural instinct to improvise and not be ashamed.
''Wait, you are not going to kiss. Because I'm pretty sure that is what everyone was waiting for. ''Kate said smiling slyly winking at Chinho. ''Go for it, tiger. I'm sure you will get extra points for that.''
He started blushing.
''KATE!'Stop it!''I said warningly. Kate and Adhira started laughing and high-fived each other over my table. I glared at them.
''Well, i didn't say change the whole story, but you know what, kids, I was pleasantly surprised. How about you two see me after class.'' Mr.Kim said smiling like a proud father.
We went back to our seats and had to endure another 75 minutes of Mr. Kim lecturing us Shakespearplay-style.
When the class was finally over I almost walked out of the door as fast as I could glad that I could finally leave. When I heard Chinho call my name
''Lala, we had to stay a while remember?''
''Oh yeah, that's right.'' And I walked back with Adhira and Kate signing that they would wait for me in the hallway.
Mr. Kim sat in his chair and said: ‘Kids, I think you can to the Acting Master class project. ''He said and he looked at us in anticipation.
Chinho and I looked at each other in disbelieve and Then looked at Mr. Kim again.
''Okay, I’m not going to lie, we were good, but it wasn't that great.'' Chinho said.
I nodded ''Is it really that easy to get into that class.'' I asked suspiciously.
''No, it's not, I think you two are really cheesy with your choices in improve none the less do you two have a lot of potential. ''He turned to the papers on his desk ''In any case you two are going, and that is going to be that. ''He waved his hand signing that we had to leave.
We looked at each other again, shrugged and then left.
''What did he say? I didn't understand everything.'' I asked in the hallway after we closed the door.
''Well we have poor choices in improvisation but we could make it if we tried.'' Chinho explained.
''But we've only been here for 3 months how could he already send us to the AMCP?'' I asked.
''I don't know but let's just be grateful, okay?'' He said smiling. ''Well I'm going to check when the AMCP classes for freshmen are. If you would give me your number I can text them to you, okay?''
I looked at him suspiciously, why would he need my number I could check the times myself or he could even give them to me during our drama history class. But oh, well he is probably just being nice and just trying to befriend me. And so, I gave him my number.

''CHUKAH~CHUKAH~CHUKAAAAAH~CHUKAH~CHUKAH~CHUKAAAAAH~'' Jess, Adhira and Kate sang in the most annoying loud falsetto I had ever heard.
''You guys, stop, everybody is looking.'' I said trying to hide my face in my hands.
''We don't give a .'' Jess said. ''EVERYBODY CAN KNOW THAT MY GIRL, RIGHT HERE IS GOING TO THE AMCP!!!!''She yelled in Korean so that the whole campus could hear. ''SHE HAS 50% MORE CHANCE TO BECOME FAMOUS NOW THAN YOU OR YOU AND ESPECIALLY YOU.'' I hit her arm when she started pointing at people. I didn't really understand what exactly she was saying but I understood the ''50%'' , ''famous'' and all the yous plus the pointing, yeah it gave me a pretty good idea.
She laughed and then sat down while everybody stared at her like she needed serious mental care. How Jess loves attention ''Girl you are going to meet actors and singers now. ''She said looking more excited then I did.
''Where are you getting that from, it’s just an extra class it is never guaranteed that you are going to get casted that is just an exaggerated rumor. ''I said while I tried to ignore all the stares and a guy behind us saying something about crazy foreigners.
I saw Jess already glaring at him ready to attack.
''Leave it, Jess. You are the reason he is saying that you know.'' Adhira said. ''If you keep acting like this of course they are going to think we're all crazy. There are already not a lot of us around.''
''Well, I’m sorry for being happy for my friend.'' Jess said acting hurt.
We laughed.
''Hey you shouldn't forget about Chinho, when you have boy groups clinging around you.'' Kate said and Jess and Adhira laughed. Apparently they told Jess too.
''Shut up!'' I said.
''What's the matter, I mean he is the best looking guy in our class.'' Kate shrugged carelessly. ''I wouldn't be very surprised if he becomes a model and actor. Like the new Lee Minho.''
"But Kate, don’t you know only the real Lee Minho is good enough for our celebrity here.'' Jess said jokingly.
I quickly but softly tapped Jess on the mouth, she looked surprised and I said ''SHHHHHH you are saying all kinds of bull that my ears can't handle, SHIKUREO!!!!!!'' I said while doing the robot U-kiss dance.
We all started laughing again
''These years are going to be our best adventure yet'' Adhira said looking at our group.
Yes Adhira, I have a feeling they're really going to.