A Working Dad

I Dream of Us

 

As Jonghyun drifted off to sleep,his dreams began to reanimate. Not starting off from where it was before, rather, starting with Jonghyun sitting alone at a desk; writing. He sat there for a while, thinking and writing down music notes and lyrics. This was his home office, his little sanctuary for whenever inspiration came to him, just like in reality, it was his place to relax and record them for later.
 
The door opened slowly to reveal the young girl, his daughter Eun-Ae. She smiled up at her father; she was listening to him sing. Jonghyun stopped as he felt tiny hands grab on to his pants. He looked down at his daughter and smiled. 
 
"Aigoo! Appa's little cutie paying him a visit?"
 
Jonghyun smiled wider as he lifted her up to sit on his lap. She smiled and wiggled a little on her father's leg. She sat up and hugged him around the neck, giggling cutely. Jonghyun hugged back and turned away from his work.
 
"Aren't you supposed to be sleeping, Eunae?"
 
"Appa tried getting me to sleep, but I no want to."
 
"Yah, sweetie you have to sleep!"
 
Eunae giggled and hugged her father tighter, locking her little fingers so he couldn't get her away. She smiled and stood on his legs, bouncing happily. Jonghyun chuckled and pulled her away from the little hug. He held her hands so she would stay more balanced while standing. He looked up as Key walked in, looking towards their daughter with a stern face.
 
"Didn't I say to go to bed, Eunae?" Key said sternly.
 
"I want Jong appa to tuck me in!" Eunae shouted, clinging to Jonghyun.
 
"Don't yell at appa, sweetie. I'll go tuck you in." Jonghyun said sweetly, standing with her in his arms.
 
Key rolled his eyes and huffed at his husband. Key was the mother figure and Jonghyun was obviously the father figure. The problem with that was Eunae favored to be around Jonghyun and to ask Jonghyun for things because she now knew that Jonghyun couldn't resist and would always say yes to her, while Kibum on the other hand, would put thought in if she actually needed or if they could afford these things she asked for. 
 
Jonghyun walked to their daughter's room, gently laying her in the bed. He smiled at her and tucked her in the bed. He was real,y happy whenever he was around his daughter. Because he was with Key, he very well knew he couldn't have a child, but the opportunity to adopt one came up and Jonghyun hadn't stopped smiling since he brought a four month old Eunae home. She was his pride and joy, he loved her with every ounce of him, just as he did for Kibum. His family was his everything.
 
"Appa, stay till Eunae falls asleep.~" Eunae mumbled sleepily.
 
"I have work to do, sweetie. Appa can't stay tonight, but tomorrow I'll go somewhere fun with you. Okay?" Jonghyun replied.
 
Eunae nodded and hugged her doll as Jonghyun stood to leave the room. He shut the light off on his way out, the small Pororo nightlight switching on near the door. Eunae snuggled with her doll. Jonghyun walked down the hall back to his office. He noticed Kibum sitting in his chair, looking at him.
 
"What?" Jonghyun asked.
 
"Baby, you can't just give her everything she wants." Key replied, a little annoyed.
 
"Why does it matter in this case, Kibum? She's asleep and that's what matters." Jonghyun said.
 
Key shrugged and stood up. He returned to his sweet and cheery self. Jonghyun chuckled at the sudden mood change of his husband and took his hand, pulling him over. 
 
"You're just too attractive, Kibum." Jonghyun said softly.
 
Kibum looked away, covering his cheeks and whining. He pretended he didn't like Jonghyun's compliments because they made him blush, but the way he reacted was hinting that he wanted to hear more.
 
"Oh stop, Kim Jonghyun. I'm blushing~" Kibum replied, pretending to be embarrassed. 
 
Key kneed Jonghyun in the side while he slept, making Jonghyun wake up a little. His dream blurred, the effect sort of like trying to adjust an antennae on a radio, the static of the real world disrupting the musical beauty of his dreams. Jonghyun whined, trying not to wake up. 
 
His dreams slowly became clearer, the scene staying the same as before, the only difference was that Key had left,and Jonghyun was working alone once again. He looked toward the clock to check the time, it was 11:00pm. Not too late, but he should be in bed soon. He looked down a the lyrics on the paper. Smiling, Jonghyun stood, taking the paper in his hand and leaving the office. He searched around for his husband.
 
"Kibummie~" Jonghyun sang, searching around.
 
"I'm in the bedroom, Jonghyun." Kibum replied.
 
Jonghyun ran in and showed the paper to Kibum. He watched as Kibum read over it with a smile, humming the song to himself as the lyrics were sung in his head. He handed the paper back.
 
"It's a beautiful song, Jongie." Key said with a smile.
 
Jonghyun smiled and set the paper aside, crawling on the bed closer to Kibum. He sat himself down on Kibum's legs, he pulled himself closer and hugged Kibum, making the taller man giggle and hug back. 
 
"Such a cutie!~" Key exclaimed.
 
Jonghyun started to laugh, he hid his face in Kibum's shoulder so he wouldn't wake up Eunae with his laughter. He gave Kibum a squeeze and fall beside him. 
 
"I love you, Kibum." Jonghyun said kindly.
 
"I love you too." Key replied. 
 
Jonghyun was about to say something else, but be wouldn't figure out what it was. At that moment everything started to blur again, a loud ringing started to fill his head. Jonghyun groaned and covered his ears, whining. 
 
"Key! Turn the alarm off!" Jonghyun shouted over the alarm.
 
"Wake up! You'll be late if you don't get up now, Pabo!" Key shouted back.
 
Jonghyun sighed and sat up, rubbing his eyes. He grabbed Key's hand and tugged him out of the bedroom with him.
 
"Yah! Where are we going?!" Key protested.
 
"Shower." Jonghyun replied tiredly, slightly annoyed.