A Life Without Fame, A Family

I Dream of Us

 

Her whisper is the Lucifer~
 
Jonghyun sat silently in the front seat of SHINee's van after a long night of hectic schedules and plane rides. Finally back in Seoul, Lucifer was resonating from the buds stuck in his ears to drown out the sound of screaming fans. At this hour, Jonghyun was exhausted, it only took a minute or two for the young man to doze off to sleep and soon be swept in to a world of dreams and music. 
 
He slept silently, eyes slightly opened as always while Key and the other three sat together in the back, singing to the radio and searching through the endless amounts of trash and toys they had gathered from venues for a phone or a shoe or a bag, whatever they needed at that moment. 
 
Jonghyun leaned against the side of the door, his iPod shuffling to another SHINee song. Honesty began to play, gradually changing his dreams into something peaceful. He began to dream of a life outside SHINee. He dreamt of himself, holding hands with the one he loved, sitting side by side on the steps of their traditional Korean home. The sound of small feet came as a beautiful young girl, no older than three came running into her father's arms.
 
"Eunae, sweetie!~ Appa missed his darling girl, where have you been?" Jonghyun said with a loving smile spread across his lips.
 
"Eunae's been playing with her toys while Appa has been with Umma!" the small girl exclaimed.
 
Jonghyun began to smile a little wider, both in his dream and in reality. This was truly his dream. Jonghyun wrapped his arm around the girl, keeping a soft grip on his love's hand. 
 
"You could have been out here, sweetie. Appa wouldn't have minded." Jonghyun said, sweetness filling his voice.
 
The girl wrapped her arms around her father's neck, giggling, happy to be with her Appa.
 
"You're such a cutie, just like umma." Jonghyun said. 
 
Jonghyun felt a gentle squeeze from his lover, he looked over to the most beautiful person he laid his eyes on. 
 
"Yah~ If you keep talking like that you'll make me blush."
 
"I'm only speaking the truth, Kibum. We're so lucky to have a daughter who looks so much like you."
 
"She is me." Kibum said with a bit of sarcasm, fixing the toddler's pigtail.
 
"Yeah, the adoption agency planned for her to be you reincarnate." Jonghyun replied with obvious sarcasm.
 
"Umma!~~~~ Eunae is hungry!" 
 
"Oh? Is that so? Then umma will have to make you something then." Kibum said sweetly.
 
Kibum stood and lifted the girl from Jonghyun's lap, cradling her in his arms and walking towards the kitchen after giving Jonghyun a kiss on the cheek.
 
"We can talk later about scheduling okay, Jong?" Key said.
 
Jonghyun nodded. "Okay, I just have to have the song done by Sunday. I need your opinion on it." 
 
"After we put her to bed I'll listen to it, baby." Key smiled. 
 
Jonghyun's vision started to get blurry, the images of his love and his daughter fading into the real world as he opened his eyes. Jonghyun felt a gentle slap on his cheek as Key tried to get him awake.
 
"Yah! Kim Jonghyun! Wake up! I can't carry you!"
 
"Huh..? Key? Mm...I'm tired. Get Minho to carry me." Jonghyun replied, half asleep.
 
"You can get up yourself, lazy boy." Key said, a tone of annoyance visible in his voice.
 
Jonghyun sighed and unbuckled his seatbelt, slowly climbing out the van. He walked just as slowly to the building, wrapping his headphones around the iPod. Key stopped to look back at his boyfriend, he couldn't see him. He groaned and stomped his foot.
 
"He's so hard to wake up!" Key shouted in frustration.
 
Key ran outside and looked around; he noticed Jonghyun standing quietly, staring at the blank screen on his iPod. Key rolled his eyes and walked over to Jonghyun, taking his hand and leading the sleepy man inside.
 
"Why are you so sweet, Kibum?" Jonghyun said softly.
 
"I'm only taking care of my boyfriend." Key replied.
 
Jonghyun smiled and hugged Key's shoulders once inside the dorm. It was obvious that something Jonghyun had dreamed of triggered his mood, because before he was cranky from not getting any sleep.
 
"Was I in your dream, baby?" Key asked, a tone of sweetness in his voice so Jonghyun would be more willing to share.
 
Jonghyun nodded slightly. "Yes, we were married, and we had a daughter. She was absolutely beautiful." 
 
Jonghyun looked up at Key, he noticed Key's expression. He was a little confused and shocked at what Jonghyun had dreamed about. 
 
"Why did you dream of that, sweetie?" Key asked.
 
"Because, it's what I want. I want to be with you, and I want a family." Jonghyun replied.
 
Key sighed softly and smiled, he took the older man's hand and led him to the bedroom. 
 
"Baby, you should sleep more. You look exhausted." 
 
Jonghyun nodded and lay down, pulling Key to him. Key smiled softly and gently placed a kiss on Jonghyun's lips. He felt Jonghyun's strong arms wrap around his waist and pull him into a protective hug.
 
"I adore you Kibum. Be mine forever." Jonghyun murmured against Key's lips.
 
Key smiled and rest his head on Jonghyun's shoulder. "I'll always be yours, Jonghyun."