Trust me, Always

I'm Dangerous and so is love

#JusticeForBAP

 

 

Melody’s POV

The sound came from behind, but before I could register the source, something drove past me with an incredible speed. It drove a few meters before spinning around and coming to a stop. It was a bike, which I recognized, and the biker who I also had come to know too well. Yongguk was blocking the narrow street and I stopped before running into him. The car behind me was gaining in. I looked at Yongguk as he looked at me, and wished I could somehow read his mind. Was he here to help or….

The car came to a stop some meters behind me and thereby trapping me between it and Yongguk. The window scrolled down and CAP held his attention towards me.

“You’re quite the runner little girl, but the chase ends here!”

“I have to keep running” I gasped through my burning lungs “if it’s you on my tail.” I didn’t know where I got the courage from to speak to him in that manner. I guess something in me screamed for me to stand up for myself, and therefore I intended to do just that.

“What? Do you have guts you want to test, little girl? Then should we test how gutsy you can be?” I heard the car engine speed up. Was he planning to run me over! I backed away a few steps, narrowing down my options and preparing for the outcome. I really had no options at all.

Then I heard the bike behind me roar to life and the faint yell form Yongguk, telling me to hop onto the bike. Deep down I knew, I was a coward; a coward towards the trust Yongguk wanted me to have for him. After everything we’d been through, I owed him this one time to take his outstretched hand without second guessing his actions.

I decided to give him my trust…      

We drove for what seemed like forever while only keeping a few breaks to stretch our legs. Not a word was said the entire time, but that was okay, I didn’t really have any words to say right now. When the bike came to a stop for the fourth time, I knew that this is the place. We are parked at an empty parking lot near a park and as I get off, I finally notice that the sun is setting and comes to the realization that hours have went by since the escape. The thought of my parents didn’t even cross my mind until now, but I only give them little thought, because Yongguk turned me towards him. Even if I should feel guilty about my parents, I couldn’t seem to find it in my heart to call them. Yongguk stared at me and for once I could clearly spot the evident emotion across his face. The concern was radiating from his body and even after everything that had happened, I still felt the need to erase his worries.

We hadn’t known each other that long, but so far he had

We had such a turbulent relationship. In such a short time, I had already seen so many different sides to him and we had experienced many encounters, which I would have never believed to happen in my entire lifespan and certainly not with a guy like Yongguk. He had scared me, protected me, kissed me, showed me his world, confessed his feelings, comforted me and now he had protected me again. I really didn’t know what to do with him anymore…

 

Yongguk’s POV

Love was never something I took serious. I had heard that a sweet love could be like a light breeze, but in this case I felt it more like a powerful storm, blowing me up inside. Melody didn’t know everything about how I felt, but after she misunderstood me back at the headcounter, I knew things needed to be made clearer right here and right now. I knew we didn’t fit together, but to hell with it all. She felt apart in my arms, cried in my arms and put herself completely in a vulnerable state because she knew I was there. She needed to know.

“Melody…” the mention of her name made her look up at me with the most innocent eyes I had ever seen “you can’t misunderstand what happened back there and I know you did, but I wasn’t going to hand you over to CAP. I was going to grab him and toss him out, but I wanted the advantage of him being focused on you. You didn’t know and did what you seemed best, but when you ran away…” I gently framed her face with my hands “I felt so scared that you had believed everything I said and lost your trust in me.”

She broke eye contact and looked down to the ground, but I manage to get a glimpse of fresh tears. I blew out a breath, I had held in since the fallout and pulled her in for a hug which she allowed without hesitation.

“Deep down I knew why you said all those things” she gently said “but I guess I believed the worst and decided I was again all alone.”

“No not alone, not ever again.” I pulled her away from the hug, so we were now face to face and also heart to heart. Ever so slowly I started closing the space between and I saw the hesitation on her face. Almost there she stopped me with a hand to my chest.

“No Yongguk, I can’t do this. It’s not right when there are so many complicated things happening.” I wanted this kiss so much, like breathing again and since the first time I had thought every day about what it would feel like again. This time though, we both needed to want it. But she didn’t.

I would never make her. Through my life I had used my power and strength to get everything done without considering the other people involved. This time was to be different, needed to be different, because I couldn’t scare her off. Not now, not ever. Instead I pulled her forward and planted a soft feather kiss on her forehead.

 

Melody’s POV

The kiss, so soft and gently, made me weak in the knees and I felt relived for sitting down. This tender Yongguk would be so hard to let go. But it required to be done. My life wasn’t my own. I had my parents, school and a future planned out. It was all being ruined and with the mere touch of this guy. When he pulled back I gathered the courage I needed. My body language must have warned Yongguk, because he suddenly became weary. His expression turned into stone and for a moment I heard the whisper of Natasha’s words: I’m not afraid that he will hurt you, but that you will hurt him.

“Yongguk, I ha….!”

He framed my face and roughly pulled me towards him until our lips sealed. The kiss was rough, like the first time, and yet I felt the same trill and excitement. And when his arms went around me and trapped me completely against him. In this moment, I gave myself to him and he took what he wanted. I didn’t even miss breathing even as my lungs screamed for air. All I felt was him and even if I wanted to walk away right now, my heart was bound to him.

 

Yongguk’s POV

This could not be a mistake. It was a dream, an imagination and reality. Nothing made sense as I felt her lips against mine. I knew she was rejecting me again and I knew she had reasons as to why. But I had reasons as to why I wasn’t letting her go. As she moaned against my lips, those reasons became stronger as ever and grabbed my heart.

I needed her to take my hand and if this was to be the way, then I needed to show her I could be true to my feelings and act on them: this was just the beginning.

 

Melody’s POV  

Yongguk drove me home and I felt the unspoken words heavy on my shoulders. When the bike stopped, I hopped off and without a word, Yongguk drove off. I stayed rooted to the ground until the sound of the bike was no more. Then I walked towards the house and dreaded my doom.        

 

Yongguk’s POV

“HIMCHAN!” I called as soon as the helmet was off. Himchan came towards me with a serious expression, most likely because I had used my leader-tone.

“What Hyung?”

While walking towards the staircase, I told him what needed to be done.

“I want patrols on her, every day and every minute while she is out. And I want an update every hour. Keep her whereabouts known at all times. Understand?” Himchan knew how serious I was and with a nod, he went looking for the others.

We were not over. Far from it.