Flee or trust!

I'm Dangerous and so is love

 

Melody’s POV

Having everyone starring at me was not pleasant. It felt like there was some kind of prize on my head and everyone wanted in, or almost everyone. Yongguk was keeping his back to me and no doubt his eyes firmly on CAP and his companions. There probably was a reason for that, just as there had to be a reason to why he had me bought down here when he had persisted on me staying in his room to hide. Something was up and by the look of CAP’s grinning face it wasn’t good.

CAP indicated to take a step towards me, but Yongguk stopped him by firmly putting a hand on his shoulder.

“You don’t go any further, I thought we had established that agreement?!” CAP didn’t lose his cool over the commentary, but instead pushed Yongguk’s hand of in an annoyed movement.

“Why not? It doesn’t seem like she is afraid of gangs, especially as you keep seeing each other ALL the ti-

“-It was just some unfortunate encounters. Nothing special or significant…” Yongguk objected.

“Really? So why is she here again or was she just in the neighborhood?”

Yongguk quickly fired back “I don’t know since I wasn’t here, but I guess that was the case.” CAP bursts into a laugh and I cringe.

“So you’re saying that she means nothing to you and yet you keep her safe?” he takes one step towards Yongguk “the problem Yongguk, is that I need to talk to her and since she doesn’t matter, I guess it won’t be a problem at all won’t you say?” I wanted to do with this conversation. It hurt to hear Yongguk’s cold words as he regarded me. Honestly I didn’t know if he was lying to CAP or telling the truth and with his back to me, I couldn’t see if the truth was displayed in his eyes. His voice held that cold and harsh with told me that he tried to be emotionless. I looked at his broad back and I couldn’t help than feel safe. I was glad I was on his side….for now.

As I looked at the others, I found them calm even though their stand suggested that they were still on guard. Only Natasha looked sour next to me, but then again, she wasn’t afraid to show how much she detested CAP. I wished I was as strong minded as her, maybe then I wouldn’t need to make things difficult for these people, so obviously trying to be strong for me. Perhaps this protection was just an act and Yongguk would really deliver me to CAP. He had yet to give his answer and I feared it would determine everything from here on out.

CAP seemed to be impatient too. “Do I have to wait all day for a reply or what?”

Yongguk remained silent and CAP became aggravated. “Look, just save yourself for the embarrassment of being a softy towards a high-class girl. You always said that you hated rich people for having everything while you barely scraped by. Did you change your opinion or do you want to feel the joy of throwing a rich girl to the wolves and watch her crumble further down then your level?”

Finally Yongguk decided to speak, but his words froze my blood. “Do you want to ask her or should I just hand her over to you? Either way you win right?” I was not the only one who felt uncomfortable by where this was going. Jongup and Youngjae spoke in a hasty voice from behind Yongguk. “Yah Hyung, what are you doing! You’re practically telling him to go take her now!”

“He is isn’t he?” CAP said in a triumphing voice and locked his eyes with mine. “Well then, I accept the offer.” He took one hesitant step around Yongguk, and I felt the flee-or-fight instinct kick in. Looking first to my left and then to my right, I found only door standing slightly ajar. It was the only exit door available, but where it went, I could stand here and keep guessing or take the change. It was either that way or getting past CAP, which wouldn’t be an option. It only took me two seconds to decide and then I took everyone by surprise as I ran for the exit door.      

Everything turned into tumult behind me. I heard people shouting for me and on each other. “YAH CAP Hyung, we can take her from the other way around the building!”

“Then do that, HURRY!”

“MELODY!”

“Yongguk, what to do!”

“Melody STAY HERE!” Yongguk’s voice was the strongest voice to carry through the building.

“Chace her and bring her back!” The order was clear, but as I exited through the door and it slammed close behind me, the voices disappeared. I was now standing on an empty street and to my joy the street went both ways. Suddenly, I could see L.Joe running around the corner to my right. “YAH, stop right there!” he yelled, but I had already turned to my left and fleet down the narrow street. As I ran, I felt the distance grow between me and my purchasers.

A loud sound suddenly emerged from behind me which sounded somewhat like an engine getting fired up. They were going by car now. Up front the street divided into two roads as while I didn’t know the neighborhood, I took a swift decision as the car came closer. In one bad decision I looked behind and saw the driver. CAP! I had never felt so alone and vulnerable as he smirked through the front shield. My breath caught and my legs protested, but I had to keep running.

VROOM!!!!