Friendzone

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since nobody wants to be my beta reader, I've decided to post the chapter anyway. 

Hope it's not that lousy.

 

 

Taeyeon looked bewildered and wide eyed and really didn’t know if she believed what she just heard. Was it the real truth or were her ears playing a cruel trick on her?

 

Kris and Jessica were married?!

 

They were husband and wife, Mr. and Mrs. Wu?

 

 

Her broken heart was still and for a moment, she only felt numbness. And then an anger and sadness surged through her with so much power, she knew not what to do. Her heart stopped beating, for it had only beaten for him. Her mind went black, as did her heart.

 

Her hands turned to fists, and her fingers dug into her palms until she felt them bleed. But this pain was nothing compared to how she felt looking at them together.

 

Somebody please slap her! Somebody please tell her that this was only a dream! Somebody please tell her that this was only an act!

 

Why did it have to be this way? Why it had to be Jessica, the girl who she used to regard as her own flesh and blood until something tore the relationship between them?

 

If Jessica was the one who Kris had loved, the one who Kris had taken the vows to love till death do they apart, to cherish come happiness or sadness, then who was she to him?

 

She still remembered all the memories that they had created, shared and treasured together. They were pretty much in love and Taeyeon felt like she had finally found the final missing piece of the jigsaw. But who would have thought, who would have guessed? Destiny had brought her to the lowest point of her life; she was trapped alone in the darkest abyss with a sword pierced through her heart. This broken heart was silent, it can't be seen but the blood bled inside.

 

Was it that easy for Kris to have a change of heart and choose Jessica instead? Was it that easy for Kris to forget everything that they had? Was it really that easy Kris Wu?

 

A single drop of grief welled up from the corner of her eye and suddenly, the dam broke. Hot torrents of grief coursed down her face, mingling with her frustration, her racking sobs lost in the pile of thought, over the one that got away.

 

“Don’t cry noona….” That voice made Taeyeon turned.

 

“Why Xiao Lu? Why?” Her voice seemed caught in as she struggled to form the words. As the tears rolled down, she wailed, “Why are you the only one who can see me? Why can’t… Why can’t it be Kris?” If only Kris could see her, none of this would have happened. Kris would still be hers and Jessica would still be her friend. She wouldn’t be betrayed by her two most trusted people in the whole wide world.

 

The look in Luhan’s eyes was so lonesome.

 

“Sometimes the heart sees what’s invisible to the eyes, noona. Remember the promise that I made to you before… I will never let you fall. I’ll stand up with you forever. I’ll be there for you through it all. Even if saving you sends me to heaven…. I’ll do it in a heartbeat… And now, I’m keeping my promise. I’m here for you, noona. Just like how I always do….”

 

Yes…

 

Taeyeon remembered it clearly. Whenever she was sad, felt like crying her heart out, depressed to the point of on the verge of calling the quit on the idol world, she would find a place for her to be alone, to calm the turmoil inside her heart. And each time she thought her world was colored with black; Luhan would come to her rescue and paint her world bright again.

 

His hug was a miracle. She felt safe in his arms, like no one or nothing can hurt her anymore. The feeling was indescribable because in that moment, when she was sharing body heat with him, there wasn’t a place she’d rather be or a single thought that crossed her mind. Everything else, anyone else just faded into thin air. Only Luhan… only Xiao Lu had the power to make her feel like that. Not even her father, heck even Kris can come close to Luhan’s ability to coax her.

 

Luhan was her tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter