Cheesy

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I know that some of you had questions like:

1) Who is Jessica to Kris and vice versa?

2) Why is Kris cheating with Jessica when Taeyeon is still in coma?

3) Why only Luhan can see Taeyeon?

 

This chapter, your 1st and 2nd questions will be answered.

The 3rd one is still yet to come.

Enjoy. :)

 

PS: Some parts of this chapter are flashback. Hope you won't get confuse. ^^

Hope this long chapter would redeem myself for not updating for quite some time.

 

 

“Noona! Slow down, will you? You’re not the male version of Michael Schumacher. I don’t wanna die young okay.” Luhan grumbled angrily. His voice rose higher by a decibel. Studying the now-gone-wild kid leader in front of him, the thought of landing a knuckle on her head did crossed his mind. What a major spoil brat! Acting like she was the king of the road or something and her driving skill….God…. Her driving skill can shortened his life by a decade.

 

“Aigoo, Xiao Lu (Little Lu)…. Get a chill pill. Who’s the ajumma now? Me or you? Sometimes I even wonder if you’re a guy or a girl. You’re a no . Chincha….”

 

Arguments.

 

Yup, the deer of EXO and the ajumma of SNSD loved to argue.

 

Even for something as trivial as ice cream flavors.

 

Childish?

 

Well yeah… Even if their age were among the oldest compared to their members, they were the epitome of childishness in their respective groups.

 

“Yah noona! How could you even question my masculinity?! This is manly Luhan you’re talking to. Do I have to show you the ultimate prove?! I can open my zipper for you now if you want to.” Feeling vexed, Luhan pretended to touch his zipper, purposely done to test his sunbae mental status. Perhaps she had a loose screw somewhere inside her brain.

 

“ert! Byuntae! Don’t you dare do that Xiao Lu!” Taeyeon was clearly dumbfounded. She was mimicking the ice princess’ infamous signature, the ‘Jessica-doesn’t-approved’ look and flashed it towards Luhan. But it was only for a moment as she then diverted her attention back towards the road. She fathomed well that Luhan’s craziness was up to her par. If she kept provoking him, he would do what he intended to do in a heartbeat. What else can you expect? Even if he was the visual of EXO-M, he still can make his derp faces in front of the whole world without being wary about them.

 

That was Luhan for you.

 

“It’s your fault. Who asked you to rouse my anger?” Ajumma Luhan continued his nagging session. Regret began to crawl inside his heart for letting Taeyeon to drive his BMW sport car. Tiffany already told him countless of times to not let Taeyeon drive if he valued his life. But no…. He was too stubborn to listen and too jelly to go against the puppy eyes of his sunbae. And now…. He was stuck in the most hellish roller coaster ride of his life.

 

“Noona!!! Slow down…. There’s a sharp corner in front!” Luhan warned her. He could no longer predict what Taeyeon’s mental status was at that moment. If he just let her did whatever she wanted to do, all hell will break loose. And they might as well say their last prayers.

 

“Xiao Lu… I know there’s a corner. But I’m a pro. Chill okay?” Taeyeon’s irritation began to take a toll on her. She hated it when Luhan was controlling her every single action, opposing to this and that like she was his possession or something.

 

“I warned you because I love my life, noona… My fan girls would be devastated if I die. They might even commit suicide to follow me to the grave. Have mercy on them, o benevolent kid leader.” With a hum of amusement of Luhan’s dramatic words, Taeyeon’s chuckles filled the air between them.

 

“Aigoo…. Dongsaeng ah… I think I better have mercy to the girl who’s stupid enough to marry a guy like you. You’re such a chicken.” She playfully. Well maybe that can be classified as some sort of mockery too. Kekekee….

 

Luhan! A guy with a deer, baby face beauty. The male version of Im Yoona. Derpness overloaded with a fondness of acting manly while hiding his cowardice. His comments can be blunt and too straight-forward at times. The second oldest in EXO but even sillier than the maknae ‘Thehun’! But hey, his silliness was the reason why Taeyeon’s life was full of excitement. If Chanyeol was EXO’s happy virus, for Taeyeon, Luhan was her one and only happy pill.

 

At first, when she’d gotten to know Luhan during his trainee days, she felt like chopping his head off with a guillotine. He really hit her nerves badly with his poisonous comments. Who on earth dared to provoke the nation’s girl group leader other than deer Lulu? His guts totally deserved an award winning Oscar. Every day, they would hit off with a quarrel that hailed tsunami all around SM Entertainment. EXO’s members, her SNSD’s sisters, even their TVXQ, f(x), Kangta and Boa siblings couldn’t deal with their World War III moments. Everyone was waiving the white flags, surrendered to mend the broken bridges between Luhan and her.

 

But as the hand of time moved, Nature Republic endorsement deal became their savior.  From talking about football, fighting each other in online games to even doing his nail arts, she and Luhan finally became close. Much closer than how she was with Baekhyun or Sehun. He became his favorite dongsaeng. He colored her life and from then on, Taeyeon never complain about being lonely again because….

 

Luhan was the cure.

 

“Noona… you better watch what you’re saying. Who knows? Perhaps that stupid girl who’s going to be the queen of my heart is you. Then, you’ll be the one eating back your words.” Luhan argued, his hand tapped his chest lightly.

 

“Wow!” Sarcasm hinted.

 

“Wow?? Waeyo?”

 

 “Wow! Like as if that’s gonna happen.” She said out of mockery, laced with laughter. It was almost impossible and difficult to be mad at Luhan. The more the fire burning between them, the cheesier his coaxing lines will be. It took her years to build up the wall inside her heart that was torn down by him. But that didn’t mean that she was in love with him though.

 

For Kim Taeyeon, a good friend doesn’t necessarily be a good lover. That was something she believed since she was a little kid.

 

Ten minutes later, they both arrived at Taeyeon’s and Tiffany’s shared apartment. Quickly, Luhan got out from the car, afraid that Tiffany would notice that Taeyeon was the one who drove the car. He could kiss his hearing ability goodbye if Tiffany decided to switch on her Manager Hwang mode and babbled all day long about the cons of letting Taeyeon drives.

 

“Let’s make a deal. You shall not, I really meant it when I said NOT, drive the car like Michael Schumacher whenever I’m not by your side. Got it?” He pointed his index finger towards Taeyeon. His voice toned with seriousness, something that was unusual for him.

 

“So… Does this mean that I can drive your car every day?” Taeyeon was already jumping ecstatically like a little kid bribed with ice cream.

 

Luhan heaved lightly. If he didn’t allow her, she would be gloomy. If he allowed her, then he was signing his death wish willingly. Even more, he was a total er when it comes to her puppy eyes and pouting lips. He would melt like goo on the dot. “Nah….. Nope. Never. Ever. Ever! I love Bella to death okay….” Luhan’s hand was already caressing his black BMW sport car.

 

Aigoo… Even his car had a name. Weirdo Xiao Lu!

 

“But you love me more than Bella right…..” Taeyeon the kid leader had left the scene, replaced with Taeyeon the seductress. She blinked her brown eyes repeatedly, her head tilted to her right side, letting her honey blond hair to flow elegantly following her movement. I’m so dead if Kris sees this. But, oh well….This is Luhan… He won’t be mad right?

 

Luhan gulped at the sight. Leaning his back against his BMW, he took a deep breath and tried to compose himself. Crooking a cynical smile on his lips, he looked at Taeyeon.

 

“Sure… You can drive Bella if you want to…”

 

Her ecstatic level elevated a bar.

 

“Any day, anytime even anywhere…. Heck, I might even give Bella’s ownership to you!” Luhan continued.

 

And then it struck her. Her smile faded into thin air. Something odd, weird and even bizarre crept inside her heart. Her sixth sense was telling her that there was a catch behind Luhan’s statements. She stiffened, sealing her lips tightly, didn’t want to ask even further.

 

“But… On one condition. You have to be Mrs. Lu first. Then, Bella would surely be yours. By that time, even if Tiffany noona wants to nag through days and nights, I would be your shield, my lady. I’ll have your back, always and forever!” Her expression changed immediately when she heard his comments.

 

 "Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny, Xiao Lu," Taeyeon said, rolling her eyes with her hands on her hips.

 

“Does it look like I’m cracking a joke, noona? I’m freaking serious okay. What? Uri Taeng noona is chickening out? My lady doesn’t have the guts to be Mrs. Lu?” Luhan jerked his eyebrows in provocation and sarcasm. He deliberately made a serious face but damn, inside his mind and soul he wanted to roll down on the road and roar in laughter crazily. Taeyeon’s crimson red cheeks seriously amused him.

 

“Xiao Lu-ah… Are you… Are you proposing me?” Taeyeon was stunned. Luhan can’t be double triple quadruple serious, right?

 

“Look me straight in the eyes, Kim Taeyeon….” Luhan instructed. The total fullness of emotion in his voice sent chills throughout her body. He never called her full name unless he was being absolutely and undeniably serious.

 

Nervously, Taeyeon braced herself to look at Luhan. For her whole lifetime, she never imagined that Luhan had a special feeling for her. As far as she can tell, Luhan only thought of her as a good friend, through thick and thin. They never went beyond anything more than that. But today… Today he seemed different. The Luhan in front of her wasn’t the Luhan that she knew.

 

“Look me in the eyes…” Firstly, his straight face blended with his serious expression. But after that he laughed hysterically, with tears running down his face. Taeyeon was gobsmacked to see his reaction.

 

“Aigoo noona… I haven’t lost my sanity yet to make you my queen. My eyes aren’t blind okay. I still know how differentiate between a broken glass and a diamond in the rough. And you…. Certainly didn’t make it into my short list of dream girl.”

 

 Her jaws dropped on the floor.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter