Invisible

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Initially, I intended this to become a one shot.

But, I think it would be better if I make it into chapters.

If not, it's going to be a very long one shot.

But nevertheless, enjoy reading it.

I have a feeling I'm getting rusty these days.

So, I hope I don't . :)

 

 

Her vision felt fuzzy, pain began to pierce every single cell of her body as the light emitting from the wide opened window began to penetrate between the tiny slits of her eyes. Clasping her eyelids closed together, she sealed her eyes tightly, hoping that the pain would ebb away. It was as if her eyes had gotten used to the darkness that even a nick of light would make her throbbed in agony.

 

But she wanted to wake up. She wanted to feel the warmth of the sun embracing her body. She wanted to experience the breeze touching her skin softly. And she wanted to breathe the sweet scented air colored with a touch of roses, letting it to fill her oxygen-deprived lungs.

 

Kim Taeyeon wanted to feel what it was like to be alive again.

 

So, she gathered every single ounce of her strength, forcing her eyes to open, welcoming the bright ray of light. As she brought her right hand to her head, she had a feeling that the inside of her brain was like a time bomb, waiting for the right time to explode any moment from now. The pain was too excruciating for her to bear. Taeyeon couldn’t even remember the exact reason on why the pain materialized. Her mind was empty, hollow like a black hole just everything inside her brain and she was left with nothingness. But one thing for sure, the headache was killing her slowly and softly.

 

Slowly she urged herself to get up. She didn’t feel like lying on the bed anymore, her body was sore all over and mentally, she could hear her muscles screaming for help. Since she became an idol, never for once she pampered her body with sleeping alone. Her tight schedules kept her busy to the point where sleeping wasn’t a priority any longer.

 

The awful sensation racking her head since before impelled Taeyeon to massage her head a couple of times. She brought her feet to the floor, planning to head straight to the bathroom to take a shower. Having the cold water shimmered all over the body will wash away the fatigue that was draining her strength and reenergizing at the same time. Her eyes danced around the entire perimeter of the room.

 

And that was when it hit her. Something was amiss. This wasn’t her room after all. She was in a different room, a foreign environment that her eyes never laid upon before. Taeyeon found herself breathing rapidly, her heart pounded speedily in her chest and a bare minute later, a cold sweat had broken between her shoulder blades. She was nervous, alright.

 

“Crap! Where the hell am I?” She stared at the floor, shifting her gaze from one foot to the other.

 

Hastily, she walked straight to the door, grabbing the knob with her shaking hand. Praying hard that the door would be unlocked, she twisted the knob, leading the door opened, revealing the figure of the man that held the key to her heart.

 

Kris Wu!

 

She sighed in relief as her pale whitish lips drew a smile. Seeing Kris had ignited the flame of joy inside her heart. The terror that was clouding her mind and the adrenaline rush that was pumping through her veins were wiped away in a matter of second. She felt safe and at ease, no longer frightened. With Kris Wu around, Taeyeon knew that no harm would ever come near her.

 

Because…

 

Kris Wu was her knight in shining armor.

 

She wanted to take a step forward towards Kris, but her steps went dead. She just stood there as a statue, like a monument frozen for eternity.

 

Why?

 

Because she just caught the sight of one of her members, Jessica Jung, looking stunningly gorgeous even in a simple white long-sleeved satin blouse and grey skinny jeans, suddenly hugging Kris from behind. Her hand landed on Kris’s hand before she intertwined their fingers together.

 

Shock was an understatement. A tight congestion began to build inside her chest like her ability to breathe had come to cease function.

 

Why?

 

Because Kris was letting Jessica to continue her act, didn’t even bother to stop her at all. He let Jessica held him like how she had always held him since they were officially dating. Earlier, Taeyeon noticed that Kris was wearing a melancholy expression but with Jessica’s presence, his smile, the smile that Taeyeon had fallen madly in love blossomed on his lips. Even if that smile of his was only a faint one but Taeyeon knew damn well that Kris was delighted.

 

“Why was Jessica hugging Kris? Why on earth Kris and Jessica were so close and intimate?  Why were their fingers locked together perfectly like they were made for one another? Why?!”

 

Taeyeon couldn’t believe her eyes. She thought her eyes were playing a trick on her, a cruel trick to be exact. It never occurred to her that Kris would play her heart like it was a mere game for him. He cheated on her with one of the members of Girls Generation, someone Taeyeon used to hold dear to her heart before they drifted apart. She thought Kris was the only one for her and she was the only one for Kris. She never knew that Jessica was in the pictur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter