19.

Amor et Magicam (Love and Magic)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Yaaa….what’s going on with you? Why do you keep on looking at your phone…sighing heavily….looking at your phone again then sighing again? Is there any problem? You’re acting so weird” Teddy Hyung asked curiously while we’re in the middle of recording.

I stared at him then finally snap back to my senses “Nothing” I answered while shaking my head “Is it my turn to record?”

The members and Hyung looked at me strangely. Truth is I find myself weird as well and it’s not the first time for I’ve been feeling like it ever since Sophia came into my life. Seriously, I really don’t know what that girl has, but she’s driving me insane for reasons I think I know, but is not sure of or in denial yet.

“Aigoo…Hyung…are you thinking about her again?” Seungri sat beside me on the couch, patiently waiting for an answer.

“Her?” as far as I know, they know nothing about my confusion yet.

He looked at me weirdly “Hyung…are you erasing her in your memory already or you’re just confused on who I’m talking about because there’s a new girl already?”

What is this guy talking about? I’m erasing who? New girl? I honestly don’t get it.

“What?” I took a deep breath then smirked “I’m sorry….I…I’m a bit lost right now”

He laughed out loudly, making the others to look at us. I gave him a light smack on the head that made him shriek in pain.

“Aaaaa Hyuuuuunnggg” he sounds like a little kid who has just been bullied by his brother “What did I do?”

I touched the back of his head then massaged it “We’ll talk later once my mind’s functioning well …all right?” I cooed him like a baby and he brushed me off, disgusted.

After a while I was able to get it, turns out, Seungri is not talking about Sophia but the girl that I’m supposed to be grieving on, not coz she passed away but because of our unexpected separation. Thing is, I can’t feel the pain of that heartbreak as strong as it were before.

There are a lot of possible reasons as to why I don’t feel that heartbroken anymore. Maybe I’ve already accepted that there’s nothing much I can do to save our relationship for we’re grown far apart to the point that no matter how I run towards her, I won’t be able to catch up anymore. Not to mention, I’m a lot to handle and will just cause trouble. What I’m sure of is that, I still haven’t moved on but I have a strong feeling that I’m getting there. After all, moving on is the best that I can do for getting back together is impossible already.

“Jiyong” Youngbae sat on the empty swivel chair in front of me.

I gave out a small smile “hmmm”

If there’s somebody who can read me easily even without asking how I am or if I’m going through some , it’s Youngbae, and I know that he can already feel the confusion building up inside me.

“What’s up?” he asked coolly.

I shrugged “Nothing…I’m just tired I guess”

“Of thinking” he continued and I gave a nod. My mind is empty right now which is unusual for it’s always filled with random things but for some reason, it’s blank but I’m bothered.

“Youngbae” I called without looking at him.

“What?” he reached for a piece of paper at the far end of the desk and a pen then started doodling – he always does this whenever we’re talking, even about the most serious matters – he listens well though.

“Is it possible to fall in love with someone who you barely know?” I asked, making him look at me in confusion. To be honest, I’m not that sure if this just popped out of my mind all of a sudden or if it’s in there for a long time now but I just can’t find the right person to ask about it.

“Yaaaa” he stopped doodling then looked at me “Are you by any chance falling in love with another girl? If so…who is she? Why aren’t you talking about her like what you used to every time a chick interests you?”

I sighed “AISH!” I messed my hair in frustration “Just forget that I asked that…it’s nothing anyway”

How stupid can I be? Why did I even ask that question when I know so well that it’s really not possible, at least for me, to fall in love with someone who I don’t know at all. One more thing, as far as I’m concern, she’s just a girl who I find really mysterious and is so curious about, and there’s nothing more I want but to be friends with her coz she seem to be so lonely.

“Sophia…aarrrggghhh!” alone, after Youngbae left for lunch, I shouted with a mix of annoyance and desperation in my voice. Living in my head and not doing anything is really making me go crazy, so I decided to just do music and not let any thoughts of her to enter my mind.

“Hyung” I called my Manager upon seeing him walking to the cafeteria in the hallway.

He stopped and waited for me “Oh! Where are you going?”

“I’m gonna grab something to eat” I answered lamely as if I’m out of energy, making my manager to look at me in curiosity. He touched my forehead to check if I’m running a fever “Why do you sound sick? You’re not hot though…are you in pain or something?”

I shook my head “No…I’m good…it’s just that…” I stopped mid-way while thinking if I should continue or not. AISH! “I’m worried about Sophia…she’s not replying in any of my messages and not picking up my calls as well…is she even working today?”

An hour ago, I decided to send her a lunch invitation, telling that I’m craving for some Japanese food and I want company for it’s not that fun to eat alone but she didn’t reply, so I called after battling with myself if I should do it or not for I might be disturbing her and when I thought that she’s going to pick up, I’m wrong for she didn’t, annoying me at first for nobody has, not even one from my team or my past assistants have I been ignored, but I was able to brush it off after realizing that maybe she’s just so busy to even give a damn on her phone.

“Aaahhh…Sophia…she’s in the office…according to the staffs she’s been working non-stop since this morning…that girl is really a loner coz almost all of them invited her to have lunch with them but she refused…telling that she still got a lot of work to do” he answered and all I can do is sigh.

She’s really one of the most mysterious people I know. Not in detail, but she shared a little about her life to me and honestly, I pity her for just by listening to her, I can feel that s

Please log in to read the full chapter