Pretty boy

do i wanna know?

Kyungsoo is in deep . Well, at least he thinks so.

"Relax, Soo. They're not gonna kill you for being a little late. After all, you're still a trainee, not an official employee." Baekhyun says, trying to ease his bestfriend's worries.

The two of them are currently inside a taxi, on the way to the cafe. "Exactly, Baek! I'm only a trainee and yet I have the nerve to be late..on the first day!" Kyungsoo fusses.

Baekhyun sighs, ruffling Kyungsoo's hair. The latter tries to remove the hand on his hair.

"Stop worrying about things you can't control, man. It's not your fault that our teacher during last period is a who loves torturing students."

Kyungsoo relaxes a little bit after that.

But wait.

Something's off.

"!" Kyungsoo jolts from his seat. He grabs Baekhyun by the collar, eyes wild.

Baekhyun looks confused. "What is it now?"

"I'm still a guy. ! I can't go there as a guy, goddamnit." Kyungsoo lets go of Baekhyun and opts to grab at his own hair in frustration.

Baekhyun laughs. "Don't worry, baby Soo. Your hero is always prepared." 

He opens his bag and pulls out a floral dress, a silicon bra, and a brunette wig encased in a big ziploc bag, the same wig Kyungsoo used before.

Kyungsoo looks at his bestfriend incredulously. "You brought this..to school." He blurts out, tone clearly disgusted.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. "Yeah. Because I knew that you'd forget. Be grateful, ."

"But..what about shoes?"

"The converse you're wearing now will do just fine."

"Seriously?"

"Yes, Do Kyungsoo. Girls do that all the time. Converse with dresses. It's in' fashion. Now go get dressed."

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow. "Here?"

"Duh. Where else? You're embarassed?" Baekhyun then looks over at the driver. "Driver, roll up the partition please."

 The driver looks at them blankly through the rearview mirror. "This is not a limo, young man"

"I know. I just wanted to say the lyrics of Beyonce's Partition. Hey Soo, have you heard it yet?"

Kyungsoo laughs hard at Baekhyun's tendency to be easily distracted. "Oh, Baek. You make my life fun and at the same time, miserable."

"Ironic isn't it? Now get dressed." Baekhyun orders, so he carefully changed his clothes inside the taxi, with Baekhyun covering him since the doe-eyed boy was paranoid.

He wonders briefly, as he puts on his wig, if he's gone nuts for doing this.

They finally arrive at the cafe, and Baekhyun disappears once again, leaving Kyungsoo alone. 

He enters the cafe nervously. It feels like Deja vu all over again.

Luhan sees him at once, and to his relief, she doesn't look angry.

The girl walks to him and he starts apologizing profusely (using a girly voice of course).

Luhan shushes him. "Don't apologize. I know how hectic school can be." 

She leads him to the staff room and gets a maid uniform from a closet and hands it to him.

She looks at him expectantly. Fidgeting slightly, Kyungsoo looks around the room before looking back at Luhan.

Blinking rapidly, he asks, "Um, are you going to stay here as I dress?" He smiles at her uncomfortably.

Luhan isn't dense, and immediately realizes that Kyungsoo did not want her around. 

She giggles while Kyungsoo gapes at her, hands clutching the uniform.

"How cute! You're so shy. Okay then, I'll be leaving for a while so you can dress up."

True to her word, the girl leaves, and as soon as the door closes, he sighs heavily, relieved.

Kyungsoo, ever the meticulous person, checks if there are security cameras around.

Fortunately, he found none and started to wear the uniform. 

Luhan comes back sooner than he expected, and he's thankful that he worked fast or else Luhan would've caught him .

And also see that he's a guy, and not a cute girl at all.

"Well!" Luhan claps her hands once, "Let's start your on-the-job training!" She winks before taking Kyungsoo's hand and pulling him out the staff room.

 

In school, Kyungsoo is a fast learner. And evidently, also in a maid a cafe.

Luhan starts off with how to address the customers. She tells him that most customers in the maid cafe consists of males, Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at that because of course it's guys, and that at all times, Kyungsoo had to call them 'Master'.

What the , Kyungsoo thinks. Do customers have weird master/slave es here?

Leave it to Baekhyun to unwittingly let me work in a den.

The discomfort must have shown in his face, because Luhan tries to explain.

"We call the men 'Master', and the women as 'Miss', because we're supposed to serve them, after all we are acting as maids around here. Don't be scared, the customers here are polite and the occasional erts are always escorted out."

Luhan smiles at him appeasingly and Kyungsoo visibly relaxes. "Oh, okay."

"By the way, when a customer enters the cafe, and you're the person who's available to assist them, you have to say "Welcome home, Master or Miss!" by the door as they enter.

Kyungsoo reddens. "That's pretty awkward." He comments, and Luhan laughs.

"Don't worry, that's the only weird part of being a 'maid'. After that, you work similarly to a regular waitress."

At that statement, Kyungsoo grins, happy to know that the job isn't so weird after all.

"But!" Luhan adds, "Contrary to a regular waitress, you have to show aegyo and always be nice to the customers."

.

Aegyo and Do Kyungsoo do not match at all. He thinks in panic. And add on the fact that I'm supposed to be a girl! 

The million dollar question in Kyungsoo's mind: "How does a girl do aegyo?"

"Luhan-ssi, I-"

"Call me unnie."

"Um, unnie, how do you aegyo?" Kyungsoo asks, feeling stupid all of a sudden.

Luhan stares at Kyungsoo blankly, before laughing out loud. "Believe me honey, you don't need my help on the aegyo department. You're doing it naturally so, don't worry."

Kyungsoo wonders if he should be flattered or offended.

"Oh, by the way." Luhan tugs Kyungsoo towards the counter and gestures towards the man behind it.

"This is Kris. He's handsome, but also very weird." Luhan introduces the guy, Kris, to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo bites back a chuckle at Luhan's introduction of the guy. Kris just grunts and rolls his eyes.

"Go away, Lulu." He mutters before reaching for his pocket and pulls out his cellphone, blatantly ignoring the two.

Luhan scoffs. "Let's go, Kyungie. We have better things to do than hang around this freak." They move away from Kris.

And with that, he starts working in the maid cafe, guided by Luhan.

 

 

 

Chanyeol shoves his hands in his pockets as he got out of his sister's car. He felt incredibly embarrassed to be outside a maid cafe.

All for my sister's happiness. He repeats in his head. Beside him, Yura skips off happily towards the cafe.

Chanyeol was about to drag his feet towards the establishment too, when he spots a familiar figure in the alleyway beside the building of the cafe.

Byun Baekhyun?

Chanyeol frowns bitterly as he confirms that the guy was indeed, Baekhyun.

The guy was leaning against wall, seemingly waiting for something, or someone.

Yura stops in her tracks, just one step away from the door of the maid cafe. "Yeollie! Are you coming in or not?"

Chanyeol snaps out of his trance, and walks toward his sister. "Yeah, yeah. Stop acting like a kid, noona."

Yura merely grins at him as he pushes the door open.

"Welcome home, Master and Miss!" A voice greets them pleasantly, and when Chanyeol looked at the source of it, his jaw dropped.

And so did the maid in front of him.

 

 

Kyungsoo bites his tongue in shock. What the hell is his biggest crush doing here?

He dimly registers that he had a companion, and when he looks at her, he concludes that she was his sister.

Because they had extremely similar features.

A part of Kyungsoo felt relieved that Chanyeol wasn't on a date.

Brushing off the thought, he panics when it dawns unto him again that Chanyeol was right there in front of him.

What if he recognizes me? He frets, but assures himself that Chanyeol probably doesn't even remember him.

He shakes his head slightly and composes himself, acting like a maid again.

"Please let me lead you to a table for two." He says as he ushers them to an available table.

Chanyeol's sister suddenly speaks. "Wait! Um, can we get a table near the cash register?"

Kyungsoo looks confused for a moment, but when he catches the girl looking at Kris with love-struck eyes, he understood.

"Of course miss." He smiles brightly at her, before bringing them to a table near Kris.

Kyungsoo's heart thumps wildly against his chest when Chanyeol moved closer to him to sit on the chair he offered.

It's the first day of Kyungsoo's job and it's already a tense one.

 

 

Chanyeol is extremely dumbfounded. The maid who assisted him and Yura looked exactly like Kyungsoo.

The only difference is that this one is a girl. 

I'm hopeless. He thinks, believing that the maid looked like Kyungsoo in his eyes because his attraction to the guy was at its maximum point.

Throughout the meal they were having in the maid cafe, while his sister ogled Kris the cashier, he also frequently stole glances at the Kyungsoo look-alike.

Chanyeol decides that he's in too deep already.

 

 

As Kyungsoo worked in the maid cafe, assisting other customers after he brought the meal Chanyeol and Yura ordered, Luhan noticed that the new employee seemed clumsy.

She pulls Kyungsoo aside, asking another maid to assist. "Kyungie, are you okay? Just a while ago you we're doing fine, and now.."

Kyungsoo looks at her with trepidation. "I'm sorry, I suddenly feel a bit ill, and um-"

Luhan presses a palm against Kyungsoo's forehead and it feels hot.

What Luhan doesn't know is that the heat is not because of sickness.

"Alright, I'll let you leave early today to rest. I'll tell Boss Chen that you're sick. Can you go home alone?" Luhan relents.

Kyungsoo sighs. "Thank you unnie, I actually have a friend waiting for me outside, I'll be fine."

"Go home quickly, don't bother changing your uniform back to your own dress. You can just wash it at home."

Kyungsoo bows and thanks Luhan profusely before going to the staff room to grab his things.

 

 

Chanyeol notices that the maid stopped assisting customers and a little later, he sees her leave the cafe, bag in tow.

He contemplates for a minute, before deciding to go out and follow the girl.

Who could blame him for being curious?

 

 

"Baek!" Kyungsoo whined at his bestfriend, slapping his bag repeatedly at Baekhyun.

They were in an alleyway beside the maid cafe, where Kyungsoo decides is the perfect place to murder Byun Baekhyun.

"Ow Kyungsoo what the !" Baekhyun pouts. "Why? What's wrong?"

As soon as Baekhyun asked, Kyungsoo began to rattle on about how Baekhyun was the worst bestfriend ever for letting him get a weird job.

"Plus, Chanyeol is here! With his sister! Do you know how crazy I felt when I saw him? What if he recognized me? He'll think I'm a cross-dressing ert with a maid when the truth is I just need money!"

Baekhyun cackled. It's a rare occassion to see Kyungsoo, a guy with few words, suddenly shooting off a lot of words.

He also looked weird, talking in his normal voice while he was still dressed as a girl.

"And," Kyungsoo continued. "A while ago, he constantly stared at me as I worked, so I started working gracelessly! That's why Luhan told me to go home and rest, because she thought I was sick."

"Well, Soo, It's not my fault you're so in love with that smiley giant, and besides-" Baekhyun started to respond, when he saw someone just a few steps behind them.

"Park Chanyeol?!" Baekhyun says in a shrill voice, as he looked over Kyungsoo's shoulder.

Kyungsoo gulped hard, before slowly looking back.

Indeed, Park Chanyeol was there, looking astonished. 

"How long have you been there, listening?" Baekhyun asked, knowing fully well that Kyungsoo probably lost his voice in shock.

Chanyeol reddens, ashamed that he was caught. "Long enough."

Kyungsoo is frozen, face completely red as he gaped at Chanyeol, who was looking at him intensely.

Oh my god.

Baekhyun coughs loudly, "Okay then. I guess I'll leave the two of you." He says before waving goodbye to Kyungsoo and started walking away.

Kyungsoo snaps out of it and begs Baekhyun to come back, he started to move and follow Baekhyun, but a hand grabbed his own and pulled him back.

He turns and finds himself face to face with Chanyeol.

"Kyungsoo." Chanyeol says, and Kyungsoo squeaks out a "Yes?"

This is incredibly awkward. Kyungsoo thinks to himself. 

Chanyeol is still holding his hand, and Kyungsoo is about to get his hand out of Chanyeol's grasp when the latter just tightened his hold on him, preventing him from doing so.

"I'll walk with you on your way home." Chanyeol states simply. Kyungsoo just nods dumbly because the guy he likes wants to walk him home???! 

They start walking, and Kyungsoo is trying to ignore the fact that they are still holding hands.

Things are silent for a moment, but Kyungsoo suddenly cringes as he remembers that Chanyeol heard everything he said.

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol asks, looking down at him. Kyungsoo tries to fight off the blush creeping on his cheeks.

He starts to feel smug when the taller guy's cheeks become flushed. Huh. So he had an effect on Chanyeol.

"I'm sorry you had to hear all that. I'm seriously not a ert. Baekhyun just dragged me into this because I told him I needed money." Kyungsoo apologizes. 

Chanyeol stops walking, making Kyungsoo stop too, and turns to look at the smaller guy directly.

"It's fine. I'm not a judgemental person. But, I have two questions for you." Chanyeol states.

Kyungsoo looks up at him in confusion. "What is it?"

"First question, are you and Baekhyun dating?"

Kyungsoo covers his mouth in attempt to stop the guffaws that threatened to spill out of his mouth.

"No! We're bestfriends slash almost-brothers." Kyungsoo answers, and Chanyeol breathes a sigh of relief.

They start traipsing towards Kyungsoo's house and Kyungsoo briefly remembered that Chanyeol still hasn't asked the second question, but decides not to bug the guy about it.

They halt in front of Kyungsoo's house, and Kyungsoo starts bowing and thanking Chanyeol for accompanying him.

Kyungsoo started padding towards the front door when Chanyeol hastened towards him and turned him around again.

"Second question, Kyungsoo. The thing that Baekhyun said a while ago.. was it true?"

Kyungsoo choked off a gasp. He was going to kill Baekhyun. He decides to act like he doesn't know.

"What Baekhyun said?" Kyungsoo furrows his eyebrows to add effect.

Chanyeol's face seemingly dimmed at that, but still said, "That.. that you're in love with me?"

Kyungsoo wants to be swallowed by the ground right now. 

Ah, it. He thinks. I don't give a anymore.

"I'm not sure if 'in love' is the right term for this but, yeah, I really like you. But! You don't have to feel burdened or anything."

Chanyeol brightens unexpectedly and chuckles. "Why would I feel burdened, Kyungsoo? I really, really like you too."

Kyungsoo's eyes widen in surprise, and he starts waiting for Punk'd hidden cameras to show up.

"Are, are you joking or what?" He stutters and blushes uncontrollably.

Chanyeol looks serious again, nodding. "Let me prove it to you."

Kyungsoo begins to ask him what he meant by that, when Chanyeol leans down and presses his lips firmly against Kyungsoo's.

Later on, when breathing has become an issue for the two, they pull away from each other, faces red, but this time,the two were smiling widely.

"By the way Kyungsoo, you really look good in that maid outfit." Chanyeol teases.

Do Kyungsoo probably resembles a tomato by now.

 

Subsequently, when Chanyeol is walking away from Kyungsoo's house, feeling giddy that Kyungsoo is finally his boyfriend, it suddenly dawns unto him that he left Yura in the cafe.

Oh .

 

 

 

 

A/N: DON'T KILL ME FOR ALL THE FAIL I DID