How about no?

do i wanna know?

Kyungsoo looks bummed.

That’s what the genius bestfriend Baekhyun concludes when he sees Kyungsoo slump further down on his seat. Baekhyun decides that he should probably ask his bestfriend what his problem is.

“Kyung.. what’s the matter? Class hasn’t even started yet and you already look drained as .”

Kyungsoo looks up at Baekhyun, who is currently sitting on top of his desk.

“Get off my desk, Baek. Class will start in five minutes.” Kyungsoo grumbles before sulking again.

Baekhyun purses his lips in frustration. He wants to bug his bestfriend more about it but decides against it, and settles back to his seat, just in front of Kyungsoo’s.

Their professor finally enters the class, and Baekhyun looks out of the window as their teacher drones on about that happened way before his grandmother was even born.

Baekhyun’s in the middle of a deep thought about why birds like to hang out on trees when he suddenly feels a tap on his right shoulder.

“Baekhyun..” Kyungsoo whispers and Baekhyun grins. Finally.

Baekhyun rips off a piece of paper from his notebook and writes something before sneakily passing it to Kyungsoo from the back.

ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME WHAT’S EATING YOUR ?

He hears Kyungsoo cough to hide his laughter before flicking Baekhyun’s neck.

A little later, Kyungsoo shoves the piece of paper near Baekhyun's , surprising the latter.

He nonchalantly gives Kyungsoo the finger before reaching for the paper.

I NEED MONEY. ASAP

Baekhyun doesn't reply, but as soon as their teacher exits the room, he turns around to face Kyungsoo, who is fixing his bag, ready to go out.

Kyungsoo walks out, and Baekhyun follows.

"Hey. I can't lend you money, man. I'm pretty broke." Baekhyun says, slinging an arm around his bestfriend's shoulder.

Kyungsoo sighs heavily. "I know. That's why I didn't want to bug you about it. But I'm pretty desperate now."

"Why do you need money anyway?" Baekhyun asks as they walk in the hallway, going straight to their lockers.

Kyungsoo opens his mouth to reply, but suddenly shuts up, looking wide eyed at something in the hallway.

Baekhyun curiously follows his gaze. 

Oh.

Not something.

Someone.

Baekhyun coughs. " Earth to Do Kyungsoo. Stop drooling over Park Chanyeol."

Kyungsoo catches himself and stupidly checks if his mouth has saliva hanging out, punching Baekhyun after realizing that his friend was just being an .

"I am not drooling over him!"

Baekhyun looks at his friend judgingly before opening his locker. 

"Okay..maybe I have a little crush on the guy.." Kyungsoo relents.

Baekhyun scoffs. "Little crush? Oh please. You're practically in love with this guy. Since freshman year. Kyungsoo, we're seniors now. How many years has it been?"

"Well I can't help it that every year, he always manages to be in one of my classes!" Kyungsoo hisses.

 

 

"So.. tell me now. Why do you need money?" Baekhyun brings it up again as they walk home from school.

Kyungsoo kicks a random empty bottle on the street. "Mom accidentally used the money dad gave her for her extra medication."

"Accidentally? Who uses money accidentally?" Baekhyun sputters.

"My mom, obviously. A sales man went to our house to sell this magical vacuum cleaner, and I guess the guy was a smooth talker.. so mom bought it."

Baekhyun laughs out loud. "What the , Soo."

Despite his problem, Kyungsoo manages to laugh along with Baekhyun. "So now I need to get money for my mother before dad finds out."

"Can't you just get it from your family budget or something?" Baekhyun suggests. 

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow at him. "That's the problem, Baek. The extra meds for mom is not part of our budget. What the hell, I'm still a highschool student, I shouldn't be worrying about the ing family budget! I should be worrying about-"

"-how to get into Chanyeol's pants?" Baekhyun supplies, grinnining mischievously.

He gets three whacks on the head from Kyungsoo.

Baekhyun steps on a glossy, bright pink brochure lying on the street, and picks it up in curiousity.

Kyungsoo stops walking and peers at what Baekhyun has in his hand.

"Holy , a new maid cafe? In need of maids?!" Baekhyun gushes excitedly, as an idea formulates in his head.

Kyungsoo stares at Baekhyun, who looks back at him with eyes full of the promise of monkey business.

Smart little Do Kyungsoo finally realizes what Baekhyun's expression means.

"Byun Baekhyun. NO." Kyungsoo firmly states, backing away from his crazy friend.

"Do Kyungsoo. YES" Baekhyun cackles evilly, before tucking the brochure in his pocket.

 

 

 

to be continued