01

[HIATUS] A Mother's Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Of course, I was rather unpleasant to meet the person that was having an affair with my older brother.
After all, Yunho-Hyung wasn’t supposed to two-time his girlfriend at all.
That was just... so wrong.

For a moment after Changmin registered what was really going on, he was immediately throwing his rage and disappointment directly towards Yunho. He was practically cussing and pointing his finger towards his older brother repeatedly, didn’t really care with the fact that he should be more polite against his own role-model. After Changmin has satisfied enough and realized that Yunho actually didn’t reply anything towards him, he was sighing in frustration and sitting on the other couch.

Changmin was massaging his head a bit hard, as he suddenly felt a headache inside his head. Changmin looked straightly at Yunho, trying his best to ignore Jaejoong’s existence right beside Yunho. “Just tell me honestly, Hyung,” he said, “Are you really two-timing Joohyun with her?”

Yunho and Jaejoong looked towards each other for a second within their confusion, before turning the attention back to Changmin.

“I’m not really two-timing her, Changmin,” Yunho finally answered, “But well, you might see it like that.”

Changmin rolled his eyes lazily, thinking that Yunho’s mind was quite absurd. “That’s right, Hyung. Kissing another woman on the couch when you have a girlfriend already can’t be counted as having an affair,” he replied sarcastically, “As pretty as she is, you can't do something like this.”

Yunho and Jaejoong looked towards each other for another second, still within their confusion.

“Um, Changmin,” called Jaejoong, finally gathering his courage to face the younger brother of his sort-of-lover.

“Please. Don’t call me like we’re that close,” cut Changmin, as he wasn’t feeling pleased at all with the way Jaejoong called him.

“Changmin,” called Yunho, clearly giving Changmin a warning to be more considerate with Jaejoong.

“It is okay, Yunho. We’re not that close, just like he stated,” said Jaejoong, smiling sweetly towards Yunho.

Changmin rolled his eyes once more, thinking that the woman in front of him was good in taking an advantage from Yunho. “Just talk now,” he said rudely, “Do you want to say sorry? Or maybe you want to say that it’s not like what I’m thinking of? Or do you want to say that you never knew that Yunho-Hyung has a girlfriend already? You don’t have to waste your time and say those kinds of thing, because I won’t give it a damn.”

“No. I’m not going to ask for your forgiveness or something like that- Well, even though I really wished to be a good friend with you-“ Jaejoong stopped his words, as he realized the sharp glare right from Changmin. He was sighing in defeat, knew that Changmin already hated him that much. “I just wanted to tell you that I’m a man, not a woman. Can you stop calling me with ‘she’, Changmin-Sshi?”

“Just as I expected, your reason is cliché as well-“ Changmin remained in silence for a second after stopping his words abruptly. His mind was trying hard to register what Jaejoong just said towards him. As he couldn’t believe his ears just like that, Changmin was quickly looking back and forth towards Yunho and Jaejoong. “Did you just say that you’re a MAN?!” asked him, still with hesitation in the voice.

Jaejoong nodded his head nervously to answer the question.

Changmin was instantly widening his eyes, didn’t expect to face something like this. He thought that Yunho was as normal as a man should be, loving and having a desire towards a woman; clearly not a man. “Does it mean that... you’re having an affair not with a woman, but with a MAN?” exclaimed him in disbelief, looking straightly towards his older brother.

“Do you mind to hear a little bit on what I’m going to say?” asked Yunho finally, eyeing on Changmin’s reactions all the time.

Changmin, who wasn’t really conscious to respond Yunho anymore, just nodded his head along with Yunho.

“Just like what I told you before, I’m not really two-timing Joohyun with Jaejoong,” Yunho started his explanation, “To be honest, Joohyun already has her own boyfriend as well. We’re just playing pretend in front of the parents these whole times, so that they won’t suspect us to have any inappropriate lovers. Since the start, it was just an agreement between us and we also never love each other.”

This would be the second time for Changmin to not believe in his own ears. Changmin never knew that the relationship between Yunho and Joohyun was a fake for these whole times, since he really believed that Yunho wouldn’t hide a thing from him. The sudden confession from Yunho was really making Changmin completely confused. “But... I saw you and Joohyun were kissing once,” whispered Changmin undetermined.

“We were just acting,” Yunho answered, “And we didn’t really kiss, Changmin.”

“Why? Why him, Hyung? Amongst all people, why it has to be him?” asked Changmin again; pointing his finger towards Jaejoong as if the other wasn’t there. Why it has to be a MAN?

“Maybe you couldn’t understand this, but it has to be him,” Yunho answered calmly, “It can’t be anyone else, Min. I just love him.”

“But things like this won’t remain until forever, Hyung,” he said hesitantly, trying to give a reason for Yunho to give up on Jaejoong, “Sooner or later; the parents will still force you to get married with Joohyun. You’re almost at the age of marriage, after all. Don’t you think that this kind of relationship is pointless in many ways?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter