Shattered Dreams

Live Forever

Song; Lies
Artist; BigBang


*****************************************

He hated it. Her, just her. He hates her.

Leaving him just like that.

She was expressionless, maybe looking disgusted, in front of him, sitting on the chair in the cafe. "I'm sorry, we can't go on after this" and she stood there and walked away. He grabbed her hand. "Please, why? Look at me!" He was hoping that she'd look sad. In despair. Regret. But the expression she showed, when she look back is just enough to know that she did not. And the words after that was like a dagger trust into his heart. "I no longer need you, Jiyong. I never loved you."

That was all.

All those lies. The times they had together. Her smiles. The hugs. The kisses.


It was all a lie.

He sat there on the bed, the only spot which are not messed up. The room was destroyed. In his anger, his sadness, the room, which hold memories of him and her, he had destroyed it. The mirror was cracked and there were glass shreds everywhere. The fish, that she bought for him, cause she thought his room was so dull, was breathless on the floor, while its bowl, in smithereens. Feathers from pillows everywhere, with memories of pillow fights, flying in air, while their origins was lost. He cupped his face in his two hands, crying, shouting. On one hand was a locket, it was his present for her, for their 6month anniversary. ". . " It was the only thing he could say before he into another one of his rage.

He just couldn't understand.

They were bestfriend. The seven of them. Though they have different background, they had been friends since forever. He was the son of a wealthy tycoon, she was the daughter of a shop owner. While he had times to idle, play with the ladies, she was busy helping her widowed father. While they were younger, he doesn't think much of her. They were always bickering. His self-centeredness annoyed her, her calmness was boring to him. But that what made him falls for her later on.

Even though he had dated countless times before, he stuttered in front of her "Jes-Jessica, are you busy this weekend?.. I've got tickets fo--" she was quiet, looking at him very solemnly. He became more awkward. "I-I like you. I-I am so-rry." As he was turning away, she chuckled, pulling his hands. "I'd love to." And then she slapped him. It was a soft one, but he was shocked. "That was, for making me wait so long." Then, she hold his face, pulling it to her level. "And this is thanks" and she kissed him on the nose.


Do you know how it hurts?

For the next six months, he had suffered a depression, he ignored everyone. And the next one year, he busied himself with his corporate work, ignoring everyone that was once close to him. She had gone to another country, he heard, 'she couldn't even bear to be in the same country as me." She was leaving with another man, their best friend, Seunghyun, bringing her family along; her father, her new stepmother and stepsister, with her. He left her for another man. Who, she said, would give everything, sacrifice everything for her.

Why did you go away? Why did you leave me? And you left with Seunghyun.

They were at the beach. It was windy and chilly, as an early April day would be. She was sitting, legs in front of her, ankles together, as she said, "Do you want to know some thing, oppa?" She said, looking at the sea. "I want to live forever. I want to live happily, til I'm old, looking after my grandchildren. I don't want to die young. Like Mom. I want to watch my children grow up."  Usually, he would laugh at her solemness but she was almost in tears. He pulled her in, closer. Jessica look at him. "I want to live with you. I want to live forever."

It didn't happen did it? Why didn't you be happy? Why must you die..

He was speechless. Wobbled as his feet betrayed him, he fell on his knees. In front of him, a tombstone with her name. 'Jung Soo-yeon. 1988-2009'. And he cried. After almost two years of anger, he cried out her name. His tears fell, wetting the tombstone as he hugged it. He was broken. Choi Seunghyun, who stood behind him, could only say "I'm sorry, Jiyong.She wouldn't let me. She knows she doesn't have much time left. The doctor said she has less than 6 month. She wanted to get away. She doesn't want you to see her like that. She doesn't want you to see her die."

Seunghyun told him the story. When Jessica knew that she had tumors, malignant, she had to get away. She could not ever see him cry for her. She had seen the sorrow her dad had been through, the sadness that she felt, when her mom left them with the same illness. And so, Choi Seunghyun became her scapegoat. He was very much in love with her, tho he pushed it aside, as a loyal friend of Jiyong, and had cheered for their relationship. Yet, the feelings was still there, and he would sacrifice everything for her. He made him promised never to tell, and they went abroad, only coming back 4month later, during her last days.


She left the world, when she was hoping for the future.

"Oppa!" She slipped her hands onto his, entwining her fingers with him. She pointed to the little house in front of them. "Shall we grow old in this house, oppa? This is my dream house." She pulled him towards the oak tree. "a swing, for our daughter?" He was getting nervous. The house was not theirs, they're tresspassing, he told her that. She rolled her eyes. "Ahh, don't worry oppa. I'm sure the owner won't mind. It'll be my home later anyway. No worries". She smiled her gorgeous smile. he smiled. No worries. He secretly bought the house for her, waiting as a suprise, as he sees no one else but her in his future.

He had sold the house to an unknown bidder, couldn't bare with the thoughts of her any longer. He thought that she just left him during those time.And after one year since the truth, he came here. It was her death anniversary. 

He stood in front of the house. It stood alone, made of wood unlike those surrounding it, white-washed, with a patio in front. The garden was well kept, with shrubs of white roses, her favourite, and the grass was leveled and trimmed. There was also a set of chairs and a table. The oak tree was still there, and there was and addition of a small swing.She would've loved that.

"Excuse me, who are you?"

 

***********************************************

all constructive comments are welcomed. =D