The Paper Crane (Part 3)

The Paper Crane (Part 1)

{A day during the holidays}

Eunhyuk says (7:15):

Hey! Can you meet now....? I.. I have something to tell you.

Donghae says (7:20):

Yeap. Sure. What's so important? And where do we meet?

Eunhyuk says (7:21):

Let's meet at our usual place then. See you there.

Donghae says (7:22)

Ok sure. See you too! 

Donghae arrived at the meet up location first. Looking around around, he saw Eunhyuk with his head down accompanied by heavy footsteps. Donghae, being worried for Hyuk, immediately asked what happened.... But she didn't knew that it would be that serious. Her feelings are mixed between happiness and sadness. She don't know what to do. She can only cry.

"Do.. you really have to go?" Donghae asked with her voice trembing while tearing up.

"I'm afraid I have to.... I'm gonna go Canada to study. I'm flying over in a few weeks. I'm sorry I can't stay."

"WHY! WAS THIS MEANT AS A JOKE FOR US? We've known each other for years and now, you're confessing to me but you'll have to leave? WHY!" 

Donghae broke down and cried. Eunhyuk who can't bear to see her cry like that, gently tugs her head into his shoulder. Eunhyuk finally confessed that he loved Donghae but his family member wants him to go Canada to study. The airplane ticket has already been booked. There was nothing that they can do anymore but to spend the rest of the weeks together with each other. Their feelings for each other grow stronger and stronger as day goes by. But have they thought of the future for them? Can they really communicate well with their smartphones? One at a country and one at the other. Now, they only have 2 days left with each other. 15 October was Donghae's birthday. Eunhyuk gave a pleasant surprise to her. Donghae, feeling happier with Eunhyuk by her side. She doesn't need much to gain happiness. But soon, it was Eunhyuk's departure day. Donghae ran to the airport to send him off. They promised each other to have a video call and at the very least, a call each day. 

"I promise you, I will be extra hard working there so I can be back earlier! Please do not cry. I hate to see you like that! C'mon uh!"

*Donghae giggled after Hyuk tickled her*

"Remember to give me a call or video call once you've settled down!"

"Of course. You'll be the first okay?" *Smooches Hae's forehead*

Donghae finally smiled. 

"There! This is the smile that the whole world wants to see! Goodbye! I'm gonna miss everyone!"

Donghae watches as Eunhyuk entered the gate of the departure hall. That night, Donghae couldn't sleep. But the time zone were similar so she stayed up all night waiting for Eunhyuk's call. Eunhyuk would video call Donghae everyday and show her stuff that are interesting, showed her around university and all. Weeks went by and it was still tolerable. But soon, Eunhyuk was not picking up video calls and phone calls that Donghae had made. Donghae find it very difficult for her to sustain their relationship if it was only contribution from one party. After much considerations, Donghae tried calling Eunhyuk again. 

DONGHAE>>>>EUNHYUK 

"He.. Hello?"

"Uh Donghae yah~ What's up? You seem like you're crying?"

"Nothing much.. Eunhyuk yah, I.. I have something to tell you...."

"What?"

"I feel that this is not working out. I can't seem to reach you these days. I felt very empty. I was always at home switching on my laptop to make sure I won't miss a video call from you and I'm always charging my cellphone to make sure that when you called, we won't have to hang up because of low battery. But these days, I can't seem to reach you.... *cries* I.. I find it very difficult for me to sustained this relationship! I.. I always waited till you're online to send the video calls! But you will go offline right after I sent. Was it really because there are too much homeworks for you? And why wouldn't you pick up my phone calls! I.. I.. I think that we should.... not be together anymore *weeps and weeps* If you want to avoid me, why not say it to my face right now!"

"Donghae yah! What do you mean we shouldn't be together? We've gone through so much together and yet you're abandoning me at the hardest part of my life? I'm having exams lately! I need your support the most! Why are you choosing to be like that! Fine if you want to be like that!"

-Eunhyuk hung up and that was the last thing they've said to each other.-