Case 01: Part 2/2

Crime Files

Baekhyun's phone rang.

"Hello? ... Yes okay sure." Baekhyun cut off the phone call. 

"It's Lay. He said he found out the identiy of the substance. It is rat poison, and the chemical is banned from many countries. Lay thinks that the killer most likely got the substance from overseas, like villages in China." Baekhyun explained. Yu Ra frowned. 

"So complicating. Shall we head back and ask Chanyeol what he found?" Yu Ra asked.

"Sure thing. Mrs Kim, we shall take our leave." Baekhyun bowed to her.

"Please do keep me updated about what's going on. And I think this poor girl needs some medication." Mrs Kim pulled Yu Ra's hand. "Huh?" Yu Ra was puzzled. 

"My dear girl, you've injured your leg!" Mrs Kim pointed on the foot that Yu Ra stepped glass on. She noticed the floor stained light red too.

"I'll just wash my feet in the bathroom. May I know where's it?" Yu Ra asked.

"It's at the back, but pardon me as I did not clean it for a month already." Mrs Kim said. 

Yu Ra walked to the bathroom and locked the door. While she was in it, Mrs Kim passed a first aid kit to Baekhyun and told him to bandage Yu Ra's foot. When Yu Ra came out of the bathroom, Baekhyun told her to seat and he bandaged her foot. "You're done." he said and stood up and returned the first aid kit to Mrs Kim. Yu Ra muttered a 'thank you' to him and left the house first. Baekhyun informed Mrs Kim that they're leaving.

 

__

"Oh my. I can't believe what I found. Look" Yu Ra held out a red bag from her pocket. 

"What did you find?" Baekhyun asked while driving his car back to the agency.

"A white substance. Similar like the one found at the crime scene."

 

Yu Ra entered the bathroom and locked the door. She sat at the toilet bowl cover, trying to reach out for the shower when she noticed how smooth the floor was. Looking down, she noticed that the floor was half white half brown. Feeling weird, she crouched down and used her hands to feel the floor. It felt powdery. Looking at her fingers, she wanted to taste it, but suddenly Baekhyun's words rang in her mind. 

"It is rat poison, and the chemical is banned in many countries."

Yu Ra knocked her head. "Why would I even want to try something that is on the floor?! And what if it's rat poison? I'll die!" Yu Ra scooped some of the substance onto the her hands. She looked around for a bag and saw the dustbin. It was empty, so she dumped the powder into it and hid it into her pocket.

 

"Smart of you," Baekhyun chuckled. Yu Ra just nodded her head. 

 

__

"Lay, help me figure out if this is detergent... or rat poison." Yu Ra threw the bag and Lay caught it with a swoop of his hands.

In no time, the two and Kai were out again to visit Chanyeol, someone who checked autopsies.

 

__

"I've cut open her body. , lungs and other internal organs are bleeding badly. I found white substances in small amounts and ran a test. Found in rat poison, the smallest amount can bring terrible damages when consumed. The amount found in the body is roughly a pinch or more- enough to kill a person. Her cause of death is excessive bleeding of internal organs." Chanyeol explained.

"This means that the murderer had links with people from China, and used this chemical to kill Yeon Su. Wow." Kai nodded his head while saying.

"Bring in Kim Yeon Bi. We have enough evidences to prove her as murder, if she is." Baekhyun said.

"What do you mean 'if she is'? She really is the murderer since the substance was found at her house!" Yu Ra questioned. 

"Yeon Su is only sixteen, and Yeon Bi is younger than her. I don't think she would have the guts to kill her like that, and remember- they're sisters and used to have a very close relationship. So, I think Yeon Bi is only an accomplice and the real murderer is someone that knows both Yeon Su and Yeon Bi, and something must have happened between the three of them." Baekhuyn concluded. 

"... Wow. Like wow. Kudos." Kai said and bowed down to Baekhyun. Yu Ra just rolled her eyes. 

"It's an assumption. You'll see how it develops later." Yu Ra defended herself. 

He sounds somewhat true but I have to protect my image. Seriously. Yu Ra thought as she walked out of the room.

"Good lucks guys!" Chanyeol said and waved to them when they were leaving.

 

__

"Kim Yeon Bi. Aged 13, sister of the deceased- Kim Yeon Su. You know why you're brought here right?" Tao asked.

The deceased's sister just remained silent. Yu Ra leant on the wall and tried to analyse Yeon Bi's expression and any slight movements or actions.

But Yeon Bi just sat down like a dumb, drifting away in her thoughts. No hint of guilt was seen.

Tao let out a sigh. "You're suspected for murder of your sister. Poor sister, I wonder why she deserved to die when she is innocent!" 

Yu Ra caught Yeon Bi slightly clenching her fists. Gotcha.

"Admit now! I know you're the murderer." Tao slammed his fists on the table, trying to scare Yeon Bi, which didn't really work. Yeon Bi just shook her head and claimed she didn't commit the murder.

Yu Ra cut in and walked towards Yeon Bi. 
"Calm down dear. Why are you clenching your fists so hard," Yu Ra rubbed Yeon Bi's clenched fists. "When you hear that my fellow mate said your sister was innocent?" 

Yeon Bi was surprised, but tried to cover it up but Yu Ra was talking continuously.

"Why, why, why? I don't think Yeon Su is a bad girl! Both of you had a good relationship and also, she is a nice girl! I wonder what happened to you two?" Yu Ra folded her arms. Then she used her shoulders to nudge Tao away from his seat. Tao gave way, clearly annoyed. Yu Ra sat down and bent forward. Her voice lowered down to a soft whispher. 

"All evidences point towards you. You're so young, and I trust you. I don't think that you would kill your sister right? I'm a girl too and I have an older sister too. Sometimes older sisters think that they are much more... older than younger sisters and think they are priority. Don't you feel so, Ms Kim Yeon Bi? Or should I name you, Murderer if you don't wanna admit? Spending the whole of your lifetime rotting in jail, not painting your nails, going shopping... Or spending time with your boyfriend." Yu Ra stressed the final word. Yeon Bi's eyes widened in shock.

"How... How did you know I had a boyfriend?" Yeon Bi stuttered in fear. Yu Ra shifted her eyeglasses up and smiled. 

"I guessed! But since you admited it we have found the third person in this whole murder. You can't lie or keep silent anymore, Yeon Bi." Yu Ra smiled.

"Fine! I'll say! Chang Su told me that-"

"Who's Chang Su?" Tao asked. Yeon Bi ignored his stupidity and continued.

"-that Yeon Su found out that we had an affair. She threatened us and said she'll tell the whole world how screwed and disgusting we are and we would lose our faces in public! She also knew that Chang Su took drugs, and wanted to report to the police if he doesn't break up with me! I was very sad, and Chang Su comforted me said that he would take care of everything and I just need to listen to him. Then we would live happily ever after overseas!" Yeon Bi cried after her confession. 

Stupid girl. Yu Ra mentally scolded Yeon Bi. 

"Looks like we found our real murderer." Baekhyun entered and proudly told Yu Ra. Yu Ra just rolled her eyes and exited.

 

__

"This place. We've reached." Tao stopped the car a few metres away from Chang Su's home. 

"Yu Ra, stay in the car. Tao, follow me." Baekhyun wanted to leave the car but Yu Ra stopped him. 

"What do you mean? Why can't I follow you?" Yu Ra grabbed Baekhyun's hand. "Doesn't mean that I am a girl I'm not fit to nab criminals! I'm physically good!" Yu Ra defended herself. Baekhyun just shook her hand away and exited the car. Yu Ra just huffed and quietly stayed in the car.

 

"Is anyone home? This is the police." Tao talked loudly and pounded onto the house door. Apparently there isn't any doorbell. "Weird... I definitely saw a small glow of light..." Tao murmured. Baekhyun heard him and nodded. 

"Let's do the hard way! One... Two... Three!" Tao kicked open the house door. The house was all dark. Baekhyun followed behind him. Tao felt the house wall to find the switch. After feeling the familiar triangle switch, he smiled and pressed it. 

"Look out!" Baekhyun shouted. A figure threw a chair towards Tao and him being unable to avoid it got hit onto the head. Tao groaned in pain while Baekhyun crouched down to check on Tao. "Hurry up and catch him..." Tao pointed at the figure, now known as Chang Su, trying to leapt out of the window. Baekhyun immediately stood up and wanted to jump out of the window when he heard a loud cry. Startled, he ended up tumbling out. When he stood up again, he saw Chang Su being pinned down by Yu Ra. Yu Ra looked up and smirked at Baekhyun.

 

__

"Yoon Chang Su. You are arrested for murder of Kim Yeon Su." Baekhyun sat down and interrogated Chang Su. Like Yeon Bi, he remained silent. "Yeon Bi already confessed." Baekhyun added on. Chang Su banged the table in fury. 

"That !" he cursed. After calming down Chang Su told what happened.

"Actually I was just using both sisters. They are so dumb to believe me. I'm just a playboy. Apparently Yeon Su found out that me and Yeon Bi had an affair and I didn't bothered. I told her that I'm going to break up with her. But later on Yeon Bi told me that Yeon Su kept harrasing her and told me to do something. As I haven't found another girl to be my girlfriend so I just went to find Yeon Su. She then told me that she knew my dirty little secret- that I take drugs and would turn to the police. I thought she was joking but she had many evidences! I didn't know how she got them, but I had to protect myself. So I staged this murder." Chang Su managed to laugh. "But luckily I'm not alone!" 

Yu Ra stormed in and grabbed Chang Su by the collar. "Son of a ! You playboys have nothing to do eh?" Yu Ra shouted at Chang Su. She slapped him afterwards. Baekhyun was shocked by her reaction, but quickly forced her out of the room.

 

__

"Mind to tell me why you reacted like that?" Baekhyun asked Yu Ra, who was called by Baekhyun into his office.

"Do you have secrets?" She asked Baekhyun. He nodded his head.

"Then don't ask." Yu Ra exited the office and slammed the door, causing Kai, Tao and Lay to be startled.

 

 

But secrets are bound to be exposed.