Case 01: Part 1/2

Crime Files

 Night time arrived. The bar secluded at the end of Nampyeon street soon filled with underaged teenagers and adults. Music blasted out loudly and people flooded the dance floor. Everyone got high with their drinks or crazy dance moves.

 
"One iced lemon tea please." a young lady waved towards the bartender and he nodded. Before the drink came she was dragged by other men to the dance floor. Not long after she returned, tired. She gulped down her drink and prepared to leave the bar when she stopped halfway, near the dance floor. Her eye bulged open and she clutched her neck with both hands. started leaking blood and she gasped badly for air. Not long after she dropped onto the floor and everyone nearby let out deadly screams of horror. 
 
___
 
"Guys we have received our first case." Baekhyun signaled to his group members and they sat around the meeting table. He pinned images of a dead girl onto the whiteboard. 
 
"Kim Yeon Su. Age 15, currently studying in Gangnam High. Found dead in 'Tarco's Bar'. From the pictures was bleeding badly and based from her posture she must be suffocating." Baekhyun pointed to the dead girl's hand. Everyone nodded. 
 
"Something that caused her to suffocate. Asthma attack? Or maybe something she drank earlier?" Yu Ra asked. 
 
"And what the hell she's underaged. Suffocating is a slow and painful way to die..." Kai remarked. 
 
"The only way to know is to head down to the crime scene. Kai, Yu Ra, follow me down to the crime scene. Tao, Lay, fish out more info about that girl- everything."
 
___
"Detective Baekhyun here." Baekhyun flashed out his card and entered the crime scene. 
 
"Kai, question the witnesses." 
 
Baekhyun and Yu Ra wore their gloves. Yu Ra examined the dead body while Baekhyun looked around for clues. 
 
Yu Ra scanned the dead girl's body. She opened and noticed her gums were red. Bleeding gums... She thought. Apart from that, nothing else was found. 
 
Baekhyun walked towards the counter and saw an empty glass.
Yeon Su must have drunk this, he thought. 
Baekhyun carefully placed the cup into a plastic bag. 
What's this? 
Baekhyun noticed a few powdery white substance on the counter. He swept them into another bag. Yu Ra walked towards him and reported her findings. She spotted the two bags Baekhyun was holding and understood what happened, and both of them joined Kai outside. 
 
"Bartender said that Yeon Su ordered ice lemon tea, and before he prepared the drinks a few of the guys pulled her away. After that he left the glass onto the table and was busy cleaning cups at the side. Questioned the guys that the bartender was saying and they just said they found her attractive and wanted to hang out with her. Didn't know she was underaged. People around her explained how she acted in the bar."
 
Baekhyun and Yu Ra nodded. 
 
"So this meant that during the period of time when Yeon Su and the guys were hanging out and the drink had already been placed on the table someone placed a white powdery substance into her drink." Baekhyun concluded. Yu Ra nodded her head. 
 
___
They got back to their agency and updated their findings onto the whiteboard.
 
"What have you found?" Baekhyun questioned Lay and Tao. 
 
"Yu Ra had two parents and a younger sister. That's all." Tao said. 
 
"Yu Ra, follow me to visit Yeon Su's family. Lay," Baekhyun handed the two plastic bags to Lay. "Find out what's in the cup and that white powdery substance."
 
___
"Mrs Kim. We are detectives and would like to know more about Yeon Su." Baekhyun asked. 
 
Mrs Kim was weeping badly. 
 
"Yeon Su is such a kind, nice and caring little baby. Always in the pink of health... So far she doesn't have any conflicts with any of her friends. However, she broke up with her boyfriend not long ago. She didn't tell me anything about him and why..." Mrs Kim started weeping again. 
 
Boyfriend? Hmmm... Yu Ra thought. 
 
"Is Yeon Su's sister here?" she asked Mrs Kim. 
 
"No, she went out and I guess she should be coming home soon." 
 
"Can we take a look around the house? Please take us to Yeon Su's room." Baekhyun asked. 
 
___
"Yeon Su is a great child... She and her sister are really close and they talk practically about everything. They have no secrets to hide with each other." Mrs Kim commented. 
 
Baekhyun and Yu Ra were walking around and taking note of things. Baekhyun spotted a few photo frames and picked them up. He took photos of them. Meanwhile, Yu Ra noticed a cute Keroro on Yeon Su's bed and drifted off from her work. She happily walked towards the bed and was about to grab it when she stepped on something sharp. 
 
"Holy ouch..." she murmured. Yu Ra looked down and lifted her foot up. Apparently it was bleeding but Yu Ra didn't care less. Instead she was focusing on that sharp tiny bit. She picked it up and showed it to Baekhyun. 
 
"It's glass. Are you okay?" He asked Yu Ra. But Yu Ra didn't reply; she bent down and whipped out her mini torch light she always brought around and shone it under the bed. A few things sparkled and some wooden pieces was seen. Apart from that she spotted a squarish paper. She stretched her arm underneath the bed and picked it up. It was a photo of Yeon Su and another girl. 
 
"Look." Yu Ra handed the photo to Baekhyun. 
 
"Whoever this girl is, she must have fought with Yeon Su and it made her so angry that she smashed the photo frame onto the floor and hid it under the bed." Yu Ra inferred. 
 
"Yes. Mrs Kim, can you come over for a moment?" Baekhyun signaled to Mrs Kim. "Do you know this lady?" He pointed to the other girl in the picture. 
 
"Why, isn't that my lovely younger girl Yeon Bi?" Mrs Kim answered. 
 
Baekhyun and Yu Ra looked at each other. They both reached the same thought; Yeon Bi and Yeon Su must have fought so badly that Yeon Su smashed this photo frame of them. 
 
"We've got to have some questioning to do." Baekhyun said.