Chapter 3 - KangWook Kitchen Disaster

Intimate Note - The After Story (Coming Soon)

Kangin had woken up with the biggest grin on his face, it didn’t disappear the entire time he showered and dressed. The reason for that grin, not only would he be spending alone time with Ryeowook, they had the whole dorm to themselves.

He blushed at the thought but quickly shoved those erted imaginings aside, Kangin practically skipped to the kitchen and his smile faded when he saw not only Ryeowook but Sungmin, Eunhyuk and Yesung standing in the kitchen with aprons on.

“Morning hyung, I hope you don’t mind but I told them what we were doing today and they wanted to learn as well.” Ryeowook beamed, completely oblivious to Kangin’s disappointment.

Yesung saw the look on Kangin’s face and walked over to him, slinging an arm over his shoulder, the raccoon glared at the turtle lover.

“Disappointed Youngwoon-ah?” Yesung said with a knowing smirk.

Kangin’s irritation only grew knowing that Yesung had stayed back on purpose, that er will be his downfall. The other two, he wasn’t sure about, did they notice and concoct this scheme together? He looked at the two in question.   

Eunhyuk said something resulting in the three of them laughing, Sungmin brought Ryeowook close to his side, a hand on his waist. Kangin’s eye twitched at the scene and Yesung chuckled.

“Something wrong with your eye, Youngwoon-ah?”

Kangin elbowed Yesung in the stomach making the turtle lover chuckle even more. This is going to be a long day, he sighed in woe.

Hours later…..

Ryeowook stared at the bickering pair before him, he couldn’t understand what was going on. When Kangin had come into the kitchen this morning, he could tell that he was upset and now two hours later. Kangin and Eunhyuk are arguing.

Sungmin and Yesung are watching from the other side of the counter, eating the arguing pair’s failed chocolate cake.

“It’s your fault! You put too much butter!”

“Yah!! You didn’t put the oven high enough!!!”

Ryeowook rubbed his temples and sighed, actually both of them are at fault. He should have said something when they were preparing the batter but he wanted them to find out afterwards and learn from their mistake.

Guess that plan went out the window, he should have taken note that Kangin was a little edgy today. Just what was wrong with him? Ryeowook looked at Sungmin and Yesung, those two were amused by the argument and were giving little comments only making the angrier and louder.

Wook had had enough and stepped between them, opening his mouth to say something, only to get a face full of flour. The arguing stopped as everyone took in the flour covered Ryeowook.

“AH! Mianhe, Ryeowook!” Eunhyuk and Kangin squeaked out, immediately feeling remorse.

Ryeowook didn’t respond, Eunhyuk bit his lip and took a step back. Kangin gulped and backed away too but not before Ryeowook grabbed two eggs and smashed them on both their heads.

Their mouths dropped in shock at what the eternal maknae had done, knowing what was about to happen, Sungmin and Yesung both got a fistful of flour and an egg ready.

Eunhyuk got over the shock and threw the bowl with the flour in the air, covering everyone with the white powder.

“Food fight!” He shouted before all hell broke loose.

Sungmin and Yesung came around and tackled Kangin, Eunhyuk and Ryeowook to the flour covered floor, they landed in a big pile while smearing each other’s faces with the egg and flour on the floor, still laughing, the argument long forgotten.

“What the hell is going on here?!”

All of them froze as they recognised Leeteuk’s voice, one by one they slowly stood up and saw their Leader with his arms crossed and an irritated look on his face.

Behind him were Siwon, Donghae, Heechul, Hangeng and Kyuhyun, they were trying so hard not to burst out laughing at the sight of the flour and egg covered men.

“Go for a shower and clean this place up!” Leeteuk said before giving them a final glare and heading to his room, tired from his previous schedule.

The five of them laughed before deciding who would shower first while the others started cleaning up.

“I’ll help Hyukkie shower.” Heechul stated coming forward, grabbing Eunhyuk’s hand and leading him away, leaving everyone else to their own imaginations.

“I think I’ll go to SHINee’s dorm and use their showers.” Said Yesung, Sungmin nodded in agreement and both went to get a change of clothes from their rooms.

“I guess we’ll start then.”  Ryeowook began using the broom to sweep the flour covering the floor, Kangin picked up all the egg shells and put them in the bin.

Donghae and Hangeng sensed they weren’t needed and went to their own room. Kyuhyun shook his head and plopped himself in the lounge room to play his game. Siwon exited the dorm again and Kangin was quick to realise that it was only Ryeowook and himself in the kitchen. He gave a little smile and proceeded to clean up.

It took them half an hour but they couldn’t go for a shower and neither of them wanted to knock. That was an experience neither wanted so they decided to wait patiently for them to finish.

“Ryeowook, I’m sorry.” Kangin gently grabbed Ryeowook’s arm. “ I know it didn’t go as planned today, I still had fun though and I would like you to teach me again. If you still want to, that it.”

Ryeowook nodded, true it didn’t go well but at least they had fun and whatever was bothering Kangin before was gone now.

“I’ll still teach you but I think from now on, it will be strictly just us two.”

He smiled and Kangin’s cheeks turned pink.

“Okay, deal.” They both shook hands, Kangin was glad that not everything was ruined and with this opportunity, he could still try again and this time succeed.

~

It’s been a week since my ‘date’ with Hangeng and also a week since I cried. I think my tear ducts are empty, I’m not moody or depressed any more. I’m amazed at how fast my emotional state changed.

A week ago I couldn’t stand to be in the same room with HyukChul and now every time I see them, it’s nothing. Sure, it still hurts to see but I don’t get overwhelmed by it anymore which I think is weird.

The main reason for it was Hannie, we’ve gotten closer this past week but I still notice the longing that appears in his eyes when he looks at Heechul. I still look at Eunhyuk the same way.

He began talking to me as if the chopstick incident never happened, the word “sorry” was on the tip of my tongue every time Eunhyuk and I were talking but my stupid pride wouldn’t let me apologize. The little voice in my head keeps telling me that Eunhyuk should be the one to apologizing, not me.

We are on the way to SM to practice for our comeback, we are getting a first look at the dance routine that goes with our song, It’s You. Everyone is excited and chatty in the car, that’s how it starts at first and by the end of the promotional period, we are wishing it was over.

Eunhyuk is sitting next to me, Siwon is on my other side, his head on my shoulder. His car is getting repaired so for the week, he is riding with us to practice. It felt nice having the EunSiHae line together again.

We haven’t hung out together as a trio in so long, between schedules and personal issues, everyone is just too tired to do anything. Arriving at the company, we have the usual crowd of fans waiting for us at the entrance.

We get out, one at a time, give some lucky fans an autograph or picture and head inside. Our choreographer is waiting for us when we get to the practice room, he is already in his workout clothes and is doing, what I assume, some of our routine.

“Hey guys.” He says casually waving, not even stopping his moves.

It appears like this routine will be a relatively slow one, which means our vocals will be the main point in this comeback. Before we start, he calls Hyuk, Shindong and myself and shows us the whole routine.

I look to the door and see Hannie and Heechul leave the room together, that’s odd. As far as I know, those two haven’t spoken properly in weeks.

“Yah! Hyung!” I called out to Leeteuk, he looked from his place on the floor. “Where did Hannie and Heechul go?” I asked him.

“I sent them to get food and drinks so that we can have something after practice.”

So they are not together because they want to be, that is oddly comforting to me. Heechul threw him away to be with Eunhyuk so he better not try anything otherwise everything we have said and done together would be pointless. 

 

 

 

 

Another chapter up. next is WonTeuk with KiMin. 

will update asap. ^-^.  For now enjoy KangWook with a side of Hae.