00:00:20

just give me a minute

She catches Heechul again after dropping off his durty suit, just as she was about the step out of what must be the only dry cleaner in this small Italian that could handle high-end brands

'What were you doing here?" Jesscia spat, glaring at her drying cleaning ticket as if it were the paper's fault for putting her in the man's presence again.

"Sometimes I like to pick up my own laundry," answered Heechul, rolling his eyes. (She had discovered his name in the toneless letter from his secretary demanding his suit be dry-cleaned. No wonder he had seemed vaguely familiar: he starred in a number of those highly-rated, award winning, and utterly boring artsy-fartsy movies, and was apparently a high school friend of Donghae's. She sent a complaint back clamoring for her McQueen dress to be cleaned- it was so Heechul's fault that her champagne spilled- and surprisingly, he agreed to it. Thank goodness because her career hadn't picked up enough for whatever it would cost to get that gown cleaned new. At least men's suits were generic enough that even Armani was in her price range.) "Let the public know I'm a normal person, or so my publicist tells me- as if I'm just an ordinary person, by any standards."

He pauses.

"And I assume you're doing the same? Letting the magazines see the new face of Versace out on the streets."

"Not all of us can afford to hire personal slaves yet," Jessica snapped, her eyebrow twitching, "You might as well have hired someone to clean your suit."

"Ahh," Heechul smirked, "but that wouldn't have given me the pleasure of teasing you."

"Well," Jessica opened the door, "you might as well treat mean to coffee while you're here."

Heechul hums, but doesn't respond. As he walks towards the street though, he turns and raises an eyebrow. Jessica can read between the lines to know 

Jessica pretended that her heart didn't skip a beat


Jessica hates how the dry cleaners Krystal gave her directions for happens to be all the way on the other side of town- not that the town is particularly big, since Donghae wanted a "small affair" to remind him of his childhood (Jessica snorts- he had grown up in a mansion with butlers tending to his every need. What Donghae really wanted was just an excuse to run around shirtless without judging media.)

Mostly, she hates her own clumsiness because what model spills juice all over herself without become the laughingstock of the industry. And she wasn't even drunk.

As she steps into the tiny dry cleaner, and the old woman at the front desk gives her a judging glance, she catches a whiff of something sharp and crisp, but attention-grabbing in the most subtle way. It smells really nice, and she wonders who must have just dropped off their laundry.