Chapter 4

Time Machine

 

Chapter 4:

 
The taxi stopped in front of a small house, simple but gorgeous due to her light-pink frames of the ancient times. The house, though small, seemed more impressive compared to its neighbors, while remaining very discreet. The house had one floor, common detail to all homes in the area. Its light pink and white colors were in perfect harmony with the landscape. Another awesome thing: the garden. It was just as nice as the building. He had an incomparable freshness, probably due to the fact that someone takes care of it regularly. The few clumps of garden were cut so precisely that they were worthy of a great architect and gardener as Andre Le Notre, designer of the gardens of Versailles. However, no material nobility could be detected through this masterpiece, only nobility of mind and an incredible imagination. You coild sens a great wave of culture and passion through this garden. Once our eyes had seen the perfect set, they could not look away.
 
Seohyun paid the driver and got out of the taxi. She looked at her peacefull house, at the lighted windows, closed her eyes and sighed. She was exhausted. She had a great day with Sehun but alot of questions were still wandering in her head. And she had now to face her mother and brother. The reaction she feared most was her brother's. She thought of the lame excuses she told him. 'Shopping...' she thought in her mind. She didn't even come back with bags in her hands. She gathered her courage and walked to the house that stood in front of her. She held the door knob firmly in her hands and finally opened the door. "I'm back..." she said weakly. As soon as she ended her sentence, her mom came towards her. "You're finally back! Jongin told me you went shopping. You should have called or at least send me a text. Why didn't you bring anything back with you?" her mother asked curiously. "I'm sorry Eomma, my phone ran out of battery and I didn't have enough money to buy me something. These days, everything is expensive, you know." Seohyun lied. "Aish... It's ok. Next time, ask me for money, I'll give it to you. Now go take a shower. You'll eat alone with Jongin tonight, I have an important appointment at eight. Everything is in the oven. Have a nice evening!" her mom said joyfully. Seohyun nodded and went upstairs, to her room, to fetch her casual clothes and ran to the bathroom few seconds later.
 
After taking a warm shower, Seohyun tiptoed to her brother's room. Jongin was lying on his bed. He didn't bother when she came in. Seohyun found it weird so she kept silence and sat on the edge of the bed. Jongin kept on ignoring her. He was mad, really mad. He was reading a book and Seohyun noticed he was frowning. "You lied." Jongin finally spoke. "W-what do you mean?" Seohyun asked. He put his book on the small table next to his bed and sat up. "You didn't go shopping, didn't you?!" he said as he crossed his arms. "I... I did! But I didn't buy anything, it was too expensive..." Seohyun tried hard to not show her fear. "Aish, Seo I hate when you're lying! Let's forget it for this time but I won't allow any other lies, understood?!" Jongin said in annoyance. Seohyun kept her head low, not wanting to look at him directly and simply nodded. Jongin then grabbed Seohyun's wrist and pulled her body in between his two legs. He hugged her tightly and caressed her hair. "I love you Gongju...". When Seohyun heard these words, she responded to the hug. "I love you too Kkamjong..." she whispered in his ear.
 
Jongin released Seohyun's body from the hug and talked. "So, have you learned anything about Sehun?" he asked. Seohyun had totally forgotten about Sehun and her mission. She wanted to keep her little un-official date away from anybody. She only replied by asking few questions. "Well... How does he know you? I thought you two didn't know each other..." she said shyly. "We were friends in elementary school. He was in Kyungsoo's class." Jongin replied. Kyungsoo was their cousin. He was attending the same school as them, he was in Jongin's class this year because he jumped one class. "Oh... Then... How does he know me, despite the fact that we're classmates?" Seohyun asked curiously. Silence. Jongin was thinking. "Well he knew me and because I used to talk alot about you when we were in elementary school, he learned about you from me and Kyungsoo." Seohyun simply nodded. She had never really talked to Sehun, even if they were classmates for more than two years now. He was the school's kingka and she was the class representative, that was all. She didn't want any problems. "I think he likes to have fun..." said Seohyun. Jongin smiled. "Ok thanks for the information! How about we go downstairs and eat? Are you hungry?" Seohyun smiled back and nodded. "Sure. Let's go. I'll re-heat the food." Seohyun replied as they both went downstairs.
 
Jongin and Seohyun both ate together in front of the TV. They watched an old movie, not wanting to watch violence or romance movies that night. They hugged as they watched the movie, warming each other's body, under a winter cover. At the end of the movie, they both kissed each other's cheek and went back to their own rooms. Seohyun sat on her bed, phone in hand. She unlocked it. 3 text-messages. She looked at two of them. 'I saw Jongin going home alone today. Did you go somewhere without him?' while the other said 'I hope he's ok. Oh and he should wear a scarf, otherwise he might catch a cold. Kisses'. The two texts were from Taeyeon. Taeyeon was like a mother to Seohyun, always taking care of her, while Hyoyeon was mostly like a sister. Taeyeon had always been close to Jongin. Seohyun didn't even understand why they didn't go out with each other, she thought they made the perfect match. But all her hopes were crumbled by her brother's gayness. She smiled as she read the message and replied. ' Don't worry unnie, I went to look for some clothes. Jongin is fine, and thanks for your concern, I'll tell him to wear a scarf tomorrow! Kiss' she replied. She looked at the third message and got a little surprised.
 
Sehun. The text was from him. She remembered exchanging her number with him. She read the text. 'Thanks again for coming along with me to Lotte Land. I had a wonderful moment. Next time, let's ride the ferris wheel! :-)' Seohyun decided to reply too. 'Thanks to you for taking me there. I had a great time too! Sure! ^^ Sounds good. But, why did you take me instead of another girl or even your girlfriend?!' Seohyun wanted to know the reason. She put her phone away and went to fetch a small notebook on the shelf at the opposit side of her bed. She took it carefully and sat back on her bed while looking at the booklet. It was nicely decorated with angelic stickers. She opened it. We could read 'Diary' written in an old-style handwritting. She turned the pages as she smiled. She stooped on one page. Only four words were written in the middle of the white page. 'Be with me. Forever.'. A tear started to flow down her cheek. She wipped it away quickly and closed the book. This sentence was all she remembered after the accident. It was her only true memory. She didn't know why a tear escaped while reading but her heart knew. She had lost something really precious to her. 
 
She snapped out of her thoughts when she heard her notification ringtone ring. She took her phone in hand and saw 'New text from: Sehun'. She wasn't expecting a reply but a small smile appeared on the corner of her lips. 'I don't have a girlfriend. And we've been in the same class for quite long so I wanted us to become friends. Hope we are now! ^o^'. Seohyun thought for a moment. 'He doesn't have a girlfriend... Jongin has maybe a small chance then...'. Suddenly, she had an idea. She replied to Sehun. 'Oh ok. Of course we are now! :3 I was wondering if you could come to my house tomorrow, because we need to do our oral presentation together. Are you available? If not, it's ok.' In no time, her phone rang again. Sehun, once more. 'Yes I'm free tomorrow afternoon. Ok I'll come, don't worry. I'll bring my notes. Goodnight then! See you tomorrow, Seo! :-*'. Seohyun replied one last time before leaving her phone on the table next to her bed. 'Ok great. Goodnight Sehun! Sleep well ~'. She hid her body under the bedsheets and fell asleep peacfully. Tomorrow was the day she had to complete her first mission.
 
 
 
Hello there everyone! I'M SOOOOO SORRY, I'M LATE! I wasn't able to update before because of my daily exams. I hope you guys aren't to mad... Anyway, here's my first update. I'll be posting the other part tomorrow. I've just finish watching the MTV EMA and I was sooooo disgusted. EXO were winning everywhere on the net and they didn't win any prize. I fell into a deep depression after so... And my depression is still not over. Please help me find a solution to this depression, I'm yelling on everyone... I can't stand it anymore. Aish...
So... Hope you'll enjoy the next update and never forget I love you all so much! Please subscribe, put comments and upvote if you like the story! ^^ 
 
XOXO
 
BaekMin-Ah
 
Daily gifs: