Chapter 14

Delectable Sickness

Weeks have passed, Yi Jung and Ga Eul kept a low profile in media. Although some newspapers and TV stations were already been taken care of, (with Jun Pyo giving them a word he’ll give them full access to his wedding if they leave his friend alone.), Yi Jung never failed to drop by at Ga Eul’s house or café for his free meals, free massage, and free kiss?? … sometimes, they’d eat lunch and dinner together.

 

 

(A/N on Jun Pyo: As if he’s really sure he’s getting married.)

 

 

Eun Jae’s wedding is tomorrow and the guys were preparing for their trip to Macau, where the ceremony will take place. The three (Ji Hoo, Woo Bin, Jun Pyo) with Jan Di and Jae Kyung were all set to go, except for Yi Jung, who was missing for 2 days already.

 

 

“Do you guys have any idea where those two could be?” Woo Bin asked.

 

“I tried to call her but I keep on receiving voice mails.” Jan Di said.

 

“Do you think Yi Jung…don’t have plans to attend Eun Jae’s wedding?” Jae Kyung asked.

 

“I don’t know…but he said he just has something to take care of. But he assured me he’ll go.” Ji Hoo said.

 

 

The truth is, Yi Jung didn’t want to witness Eun Jae exchanging vows with any other man except him. He called Eun Jae and lied that he and Ga Eul has some “premarital” catch ups to do and will just attend the after party. What Eun Jae didn’t know was that Yi Jung and Ga Eul already flew to Macau two days ahead of time.

 

 

The big day came but still no sign of Yi Jung. And there she was, the bride, walking down the aisle, looking so beautiful and happy as ever. You couldn’t paint the smile in her face, it was all too natural. What she didn’t know, was the man who loved her truly is hurting right now.

 

 

He cried when he saw Eun Jae saying “I do” to her new husband. How much he wanted to stop the wedding and take her away, but then he would have to leave Ga Eul if he did that (which he won’t allow to happen). So he just accepted the fact that Eun Jae was never and never will be for him.

 

 

He went back to the hotel, accompanied by Ga Eul who’s teary eyed too, he was squeezing her hand as she pat his back to comfort him. When they entered the room, Yi Jung broke down, sat on the bed and cried. Ga Eul kneeled in front of him and took his hands, putting it around her shoulders like she was telling him to hug her. When Yi Jung realized what Ga Eul was trying to do, he hugged her tightly.

 

 

“I thought I could do it…but I can’t… I just can’t Eun Jae…I can’t.” He cried, Ga Eul sshed him. She just hugged him and did not complain. She comforted her best friend.

 

 

“You wanted her to be happy right?” Ga Eul asked. It took him long before he could mumble 2 and a half words…

 

 

“I do…bu-“

 

 

“Then show her you’re happy for her. You wouldn’t want her to feel guilty right?” She said.

 

 

 

Ga Eul chose not to tell him about what she heard during Eun Jae’s engagement. She tried to put it in her mind that whatever business those girls have with Eun Jae is completely between them, and she won’t in. She was massaging his back hugging him like a little child missing his mommy. She then realized that Yi Jung had stopped crying. She tried to let go of him so she could clearly take a look at his face but he stopped her and hugged her even tighter.

 

 

“I wish…I met you first, and by then I would have loved you first. You’re not difficult to love Ga Eul.” He whispered.

 

 

 

“It’s not yet too late Yi Jung, you could always start over again…I’ll always be here for you.” She answered. He looked at her, cupped her face and touched her cheek.

 

 

 

“Will you love me Ga Eul? I want to try…loving you.” He said and kissed her lips.

 

 

 

GE’s POV

 

 

I would say yes if you’re not in this situation Yi Jung. But you’re just hurt of what had just happened. As much as I wanted to help you, I don’t want to get hurt too Yi Jung… I won’t wait for the time that I’ll be the one to fall for you and get hurt in the end. Although what I’m feeling right now is hard for me to explain… Could it be? I hope not…

 

END OF POV

 

 

 

 

Ga Eul broke from the kiss and backed off a few steps away.

 

 

“Why?” he asked.

 

 

 

“I understand you’re depressed now, but we can’t do this Yi Jung. What are we? Friends with benefits? Kissing is not a social activity friends do on free time…I…I’m sorry.” She said and left, but before she could entirely leave the room, she came back.

 

 

 

“On second thought, I’m single and you’re single…I guess it’s okay. Shall we kiss again?” She said and sat back down that made Yi Jung chuckle.

 

 

 

“What?” She asked.

 

 

 

“Nothing…it’s just that, you never fail to amuse me Ga Eul. I really love you for being you.” He said grabbing her by the waist and tickled her neck with his nose.

 

 

 

“Hey! The door is open, they could see us! I mean, stop it!” She said and Yi Jung laughed even more.

 

 

 

I wish I could make you smile like this everyday. –Ga Eul.

 

 

 

“Ya, Ga Eul, you’re dreaming again.” He said, and he was smiling. Ga Eul stared at him for a moment and hugged him tight.

 

 

 

“Hey, what’s wrong with you huh?” Yi Jung asked but Ga Eul wouldn’t let go.

 

 

 

“Nothing, I’m just happy you’re finally smiling.” She said.

 

 

 

“Ga Eul, I just needed to stress out what I’m feeling. I’m sorry I worried you, I’m okay now. Thanks.” He said and kissed her head. She then buried her face in his chest.

 

 

 

“Now I got a feeling you really like touching me.” He said.

 

 

 

“ Ani…say what, why don’t we find each other dates?” she suggested.

 

 

 

“There’s no way I’m doing that” he said and sat back on the bed.

 

 

 

“Why is that?”

 

 

 

“You’re lucky I had the guts to stick with you until now because I love you as my friend. I usually don’t stick around women. It annoys me.” He said and Ga Eul folded her arms.

 

 

 

“Marhaebwa, what’s your type? Someone like me? Someone like Jan Di, or someone like Jae Kyung? Or like…Eu…nevermind.”

 

 

 

“Ga Eul… I’m not in the mood for this.”

 

 

 

 

“If you don’t want to, I’ll find a date myself. I wouldn’t want to spend the rest of my life single, grieving about my past. I want to be happy.”

 

 

 

“Don’t make it sound so easy when it’s not.” He retorted, Ga Eul held back.

 

 

“Think about it Yi Jung. I did it, I finally moved on. And the best way to forget someone, is to find a new one.” She said and left.

 

 

 

 

Yi Jung was left speechless. He contemplated on what she just said. On the other hand, Ga Eul held her hand to her chest when she recalled what she just said.

 

 

 

The best way to forget someone is to find a new one? But I never looked at anyone yet, how did I do it? I moved on and forgot him in a few span of time, I never looked or searched for a new man to mend my broken heart. The only man I’ve ever been with these past few days was Yi Jung. He was the one who helped me forget Sun Pyo. He was…

 

 

 

 

The guys (F3, Jan Di and Jae Kyung) don’t have any idea that Yi Jung and Ga Eul were also in Macau. They haven’t told them yet and they’re not sure if they ever will. Ga Eul decided to eat since she hasn’t eaten anything yet. Yi Jung has been asking her to go with him all throughout the day. She sent him a message.

 

 

 

 

Incase you’re hungry, I’m at the Palace. She said pertaining to the Palace restaurant just beside the hotel.

 

 

 

After Yi Jung has read her message, he took his coat and that “something” he saw on the table.

 

 

 

He saw Ga Eul eating all by herself. It seems that she’s enjoying the food so much and she looked like she was really hungry. He smiled a bit…just a bit. He then sat on the chair opposite to her. He gorgeously tossed his bangs to the other side and held her hand.

 

 

 

“So, you accepting my offer now?” she asked.

 

 

 

“How about I revise your offer?” He said and took something from his pocket.

 

 

 

“What’s that?”

 

 

 

“Something you should never ever forget.” He said and inserted the ring back to her finger.

 

 

 

“Yi Jung, it’s over, we don’t have to wear this anymore.” She said.

 

 

 

“Ga Eul, you’re breaking my heart. Just wear this please.” He pouted.

 

 

 

“What should I do with you?” She sighed.

 

 

 

“Thanks.” He smiled.

 

 

 

“So what’s the offer?”

 

 

 

“Marry me.”

 

 

 

 

 

Ga Eul choked and she almost spit out what she was eating. Yi Jung laughed and gave her a glass of water.

 

 

 

“You really want me to get killed don’t you?” She pouted.

 

 

“I was just joking…jeez. I was saying let’s have a date this tonight.” He continued laughing.

 

 

“Aahh! Yi Jung, I hate you.” She said and tried to wipe her face.

 

 

“No you don’t. You love me.” He childishly said.