Beautiful Night

The Pain of Love 3

"Hyungie, Seungie, promise me we will always be together even in the future, okay?" said Mirae. Junhyung and Hyunseung smiled and the three of them made a pinky promise.

"Mirae-ya, don't ever leave us too, ne?" said Hyunseung. Junhyung nodded.

"I promise" said Mirae. The three of them smiled and continued playing again.

***

 

The promise was made by them when they all were 6. But, when they entered high school, things changed. The promise was left behind and they all went on separrate ways. But, they met again 3years later and the situation between them had changed much.

"Mirae-ya, i still can't believe that you are childhood friend with the princes. Well, thought not to all of them" said Yura, Mirae's friend and classmate. Mirae just shrugged. "It's all in the past anyway. We lost contact years ago. I don't even know if they still remember me. Beside, they are so popular now"

"I know but at least you three have a past together. And maybe if you talk to them again, they'll remember you. Since you guys have spent so many times together" said Yura. Mirae just nodded. She didn't know how to greet Junhyung and Hyunseung again. Those two boys seemed so faraway now and way popular.

"And introduce me to Kikwangie too. He is handsome, my fav of them all" add Yura. Mirae rolled her eyes. "I'll tell Jin oppa later"

"Ya, Mirae-ya, you know i'm just kidding. Or half kidding" said Yura. Mirae knocked Yura's head lightly. Yura just laughed sheepishly.

Junhyung and Hyunseung had joined a group called B2ST. They consisted of 6 members. And they all had so many fans. Boys who admired them and girls who fangirling over them. They were made ever since first year of Junior High while Mirae entered this schol at first year of Senior High.

"Oh yeah, do you know that B2ST will join basketball? Except Kikwangie who gonna join football. Lucky you for being a member in the basketball club" said Yura

"And poor Jin oppa because you are the one and only manager at football club. Beside, many fans of B2ST too so it makes no difference" said Mirae. Yura just shrugged and gave up. Whatever she did, Mirae just won't talk to her childhood friends again.

"I'll go home with paboJin so i guess you have to walk alone again. Take care okay?" Mirae nodded. Yura went back to her class after the bell rang. Yura and Mirae were in different class.

 

Mirae packed her stuff and walked away from her class. It wasn't her first time walking home alone. So, she was alright going home alone. But, on the way home, she felt like someone was following her.

'What the hell? I'm sure that guy followed me. And he looks suspicious too' Mirae thought when seeing a masked man. She quicken her step to get more distance from him. But that guy kept on following her every step.

'No other choice then' Mirae started running away and after a couple minutes, she felt someone pat her shoulder. She stopped and ready to hit anyone who pat her. But shocked seeing Junhyung behind her.

"Wha- i thought you are that masked man who was following me earlier" said Mirae. She looked back and saw nothing. That guy probably lost track of her.

"No one behind though. And....do i know you?" said Junhyung. Mirae just shrugged and walked off. She couldn't believe him forgot her.

"Wait! You are Mirae-ya, right?! My childhood friend?" asked Junhyung. Mirae nodded. "Yeah, i'm Mirae. Long time no see, Hyungie"

"From your uniform....i guess you are in the same school as me? Why didn't you greet me or Seungie? We didn't know you are in the same school as us" said Junhyung

"Well, 'cause i see you two have many fans and even a group so i guess you guys don't need me anymore" answered Mirae

"But we miss you though. We haven't seen you since we graduated middle school. I bet Seungie gonna be so happy to meet you again too" said Junhyung. Mirae nodded. Those two then walked home together.

"Tomorrow, i'll walk you again. So wait for me after school is over" said Junhyung. He then walked away to his home.

 

"Yura-ya, you won't believe what happened yesterday" said Mirae. She and Yura was going to the canteen together.

"What? Do you see UFO or something?" asked Yura half joking. Mirae hit her lightly.

"Not that... I me-" hadn't finished talking, Mirae felt someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around and saw Junhyung and the rest of B2ST.

"OMG, B2ST! Mirae-ya! You didn't tell me you befriend them again" exclaimed Yura. Mirae rolled her eyes in annoyance. "I was about to tell you that". Yura's mouth made a 'O' shape.

"Wanna go to canteen too, Mirae-ya?" asked Junhyung. Hyunseung looked instantly at Mirae. "It is you!" he hugged Mirae after. Yura's mouth was wide open. Jokingly, Kikwang closed it.

"Mirae-ya! Long time no see! I miss you so much" said Hyunseung. Mirae chuckled and ruffled Hyunseung's hair. Mirae continued talking to Hyunseung and Junhyung while Yura was taken a while ago by Jin. Mirae spent that chance to catch up to the latest info of her two guy friends.

***

 

"Do you feel happy meeting us again?" asked Hyunseung. He saw Junhyung and Mirae walked together and decided to join them.

"Of course, you two are my bestest friends ever" answered Mirae

"At least we are together again now. But we broke out promise" said Junhyung. Hyunseung suddenly remembered something.

"Talking about promise, Mirae-ya, do you remember our promise? About you liking H-" Mirae quickly shut Hyunseung's mouth. Junhyung looked at them in confusion.

"Like what?" asked Junhyung. Mirae glared at Hyunseung before turned to Junhyung. "Nothing.... He just blabber something useless again"

Junhyung decided to let it go. Hyunseung did blabber useless stuff sometimes. Mirae kept on glaring at Hyunseung. He almost spilled her feelings to Junhyung.

"If you do that again, i'll make sure to give you a nightmare you won't forget" threatened Mirae to Hyunseung. Hyunseung made a 'peace' sign and shut his mouth.

 

At home, Mirae entered her room and laying on her bed. She looked at the teddy bear beside her pillow. A gift given by Junhyung when she was 5. Few days later, she told Hyunseung her feelings to Junhyung and they decided to keep it a secret from Junhyung. She missed those two guys a lot.

She was almost fell asleep when her phone buzzing. She took her phone and saw a message from Junhyung. 'What did Seungie about to tell me? I'm curious"

Mirae almost dropped her phone. She quickly replied. 'Nothing, Hyungie. Nothing important'

Not long, she received another message. 'Don't lie to me. If it is nothing important, you won't close his mouth'

Mirae cursed Hyunseung's stupidity. 'It's just a nonsense. Seriously, nothing important'

'Really? Not because you want to leave me right?'

'What?! NO! I miss you and Seungie. We are childhood friends remember?'

'But, actually, i hid something from you and Seungie'

'Really? Tell me'

'Then tell yours after, agree?'

Mirae thought for a moment and agreed.

'The truth is, i've liked you ever since we were little'

That surprised Mirae a lot. She couldn't believe Junhyung liked her too.

'Are you serious?! This isn't a prank right?'

'No, i like you. Love you even. Since long long ago and i was so sad when we were separated. But we at least meet again. So, do you wanna be my gf?'

'OMG, i like you too! Seungie knew it and almost spilled it today'

'So, our feelings are mutual all this time?'

'I guess so, and practically we are dating now?'

Mirae waiting for a reply from Junhyung but he called her instead. "Yes, we are dating now, MyMirae. You are mine now so don't talk about Seungie much 'cos i get jealous easily"

Mirae blushed. "O-okay, i won't"

"I guess see you later tomorrow?" asked Junhyung. "Ne"

"Oh, and let's go home together tomorrow. I wanna take you on a date" said Junhyung. Mirae couldn't hide her smile. "Okay, a date then"

"See you tomorrow, MyMirae. I love you" said Junhyung. Mirae nominated that day as the most beautiful day of all her life. Though more to come with Junhyung beside her.