The One With The Bubble Tea

Noona, You're So Pretty

"For some reason, I'm craving for bubble tea today," Baekhyun announced.

"Let's go, hyung!!" Sehun said excitedly as he stood abruptly from his seat.

Baekhyun nodded and grabbed Chanyeol's arm then pulled him out with them despite the latter's protests.

From the SM building, they went to the bubble tea shop they always go to. It was somewhat a private shop in which almost only SM artists and staff know about. When they got there, they weren't much people, just the way they liked.

After getting their orders, the three of them sat on the couch next to an empty one just beside the glass window. Chanyeol sat across Sehun and Baekhyun. Sehun and Baekhyun could see the whole place from their seat while Chanyeol could only see both of them and the wall.

Chanyeol pushed his lensless glasses up on his nose and took a sip from his drink.

"It's really cold," said Chanyeol, pulling the hood of the jacket he was wearing up to his head. The other two were wearing jacket as well. He raised a brow at them questionably. "You two aren't cold?"

"We are," Sehun answered. "But not as much as you."

"Oh, I know why!" Baekhyun exclaimed. The two stared at him and waited for him to continue. "It's because you ordered winter melon milk tea!" Then he burst out laughing at his own joke. "Get it? Winter melon? Cold?"

Sehun laughed out loud with him while Chanyeol just huffed and said, "Aish!! I thought you were being serious."

Baekhyun stuck a tongue out at him in a silly way.

"Anyway," Baekhyun began, after drinking from his tea, "Kyungsoo and Kai are celebrating their birthday today..."

"You don't say," Chanyeol said sarcastically in response.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes playfull at him before continuing, "The party starts later this evening and it's only 4 in the afternoon. Since we've already sneaked out, any suggestions what we'll be doing until then?"

"How about we call the others and stay here until then?" Sehun suggested.

"No," Chanyeol said in a singsong voice. "How about we go back and resume what we were doing before you dragged me out here?"

Apparently, the boys were in the middle of practicing a song for a concert the following week before Chanyeol was dragged out by Sehun and Baekhyun.

Baekhyun and Sehun gave Chanyeol a quizzical look.

"Since when were you so eager to practice, hyung?" Sehun grinned wryly. "You've always been one of the last to arrive for practice and one of the first to leave."

Chanyeol snorted because that was actually true then said with a shrug, "This is different because I-"

But he wasn't able to finish because Baekhyun had cut him off gasping, "Sandara Park."

Chanyeol bobbed his head sheepishly with a huge smile on this face then realizing what Baekhyun said, it was Chanyeol's turn to gasp. He didn't tell anyone yet about his reason for wanting to practice.

"How did you know?!"

It was true that Chanyeol's sudden interest of practicing was mainly because of Dara. The song they were practicing before getting dragged out was a Tagalong song they were going to perform in a concert in Philippines for their Filipinos fans. And knowing that Dara was raised from Philippines and how much she loves it, he wanted every thing to go smoothly and leave an impression on her just in case she gets to see a video of it.

"No, no." Baekhyun said with urgency in his voice and shaking his head. "Sandara Park!"

"Sandara Park," Sehun repeated with an equal tone of surprise.

It was then that Chanyeol noticed that their eyes weren't actually on him. Their eyes were on someone behind him.

"Hi!" An awfully familiar sweet voice spoke. "One taro bubble tea, please. Regular size. Thank you."

Chanyeol stared at the two, slack-jawed.

Sandara Park? He mouthed to them and they nodded.

Chanyeol looked slowly behind him to confirm that it was really her. She was wearing black skinny jeans with white rubber shoes and red long sleeve top with thick black vest that Chanyeol believed to be from Chrome Hearts with a matching black bonnet.

"Noona!" Chanyeol suddenly cried out vehemently as he shot up from his seat with such hurry. He brought his hands to cover his mouth after realizing that he called out to her loudly out of shock and surprise at the sight of her. It has been almost two weeks since their Gayo Daejun interaction.

"Oh, Chanyeol-ssi!" Dara flashed him a smile and waved. "You're wearing glasses! It suits you. But hold on," she told him before turning back to the cashier to hand her payment.

Chanyeol felt his heart beat faster.

She remembered me. She knows my name. She recognized me. She smiled at me. She complimented me. She told me to wait.

Oh, I will wait for you forever! He imagined telling her.

He felt as if his heart was going to break out of his chest. He wanted to scream.

"Relax, hyung," Sehun advised in a low whisper when he saw his hyung's panicked expression. "Breathe in, breathe out."

Chanyeol nodded stiffly and did what he was told.

"Chanyeol," Chanyeol, with much effort, turned to Baekhyun, "didn't you just say you wanted to go back and practice?" Baekhyun just had to .

Regaining his composure, Chanyeol muttered with a huge childlike smile plastered across his face, "Forget practice!"

Sehun and Baekhyun just had to laugh at that. Moments later, Dara walked over to their table, her bubble tea in her hand.

"Hello," she greeted as she bowed to each one of them politely.

"We are-" Chanyeol started suddenly.

"-one! Hello, we are EXO!" They said this in unison as they stood up and then bowed afterwards.

"Hi, Dara sunbaenim. I'm Baekhyun," he said with a wide grin.

"I'm EXO's maknae, Sehun."

"Nice meeting you!" Dara said cheerfully.

Chanyeol gestured at the empty space beside him.

Dara glanced at her watch before answering, "Are you sure?"

With a radiant smile, he answered with his deep voice, "Of course!!"

After they've settled, Baekhyun showed her a friendly smile saying, "Sunbaenim, you're from Philippines, right?"

Dara smiled blithely, holding her milk tea tightly. "That's right. Why do you ask?"

"We're going there next week!" Chanyeol answered excitedly.

"Really?" Dara asked, looking just as excited. "That's really nice! Concert?"

Sehun nodded then enumerated the groups that were going to be there with them in the concert. "Sunbaenim should come!"

"I would if I could," Dara said with a glum expression on her face. "And please, call me noona instead."

"Is it really okay?" Baekhyun and Sehun asked with wide eyes.

"Of course. Please be comfortable," Dara said gently.

"Dara noona!" Sehun tested. Though, as soon as he that, his cheeks turned pink in which Dara giggled cutely in response.

Baekhyun snickered while Chanyeol uttered Aish! in mild frustration at their maknae's effortless aegyo.

"I hope you'll have a great time in Philippines. No, I'm sure you will," Dara said to them.

"Thank you, noona!" They said in unison.

"Do you know the song Hawak Kamay?" Chanyeol asked. When Dara nodded, he continued, "We're going to sing that!"

She looked shocked. "Really?!" It was then replaced with amusement and admiration. "That's awesome! I want to listen to it! I'm sure it will turn out great. Your Filipino fans will love it!"

"Thank you!" They said again.

"I wish I brought my guitar with me so you can listen to it a little," Chanyeol pouted. He slapped himself mentally. He wasted the chance to impress Dara.

"Why don't you bring it next time then?" Dara suggested. "It'd be an honor to listen to you play."

It was Chanyeol's turn to blush. She said NEXT TIME, Chanyeol thought giddily to himself. He bit his lower lip to restrain a smile. He didn't wanna be obvious than he already was.

They conversed some more, with Dara telling promoting Philippines to them and what they should try there if they have the time, and she even asked them when they will have their comeback in which Chanyeol responded that the date was still indefinite and but it will be soon. Dara said she'd be looking forward to it. Just as they were enjoying themselves, Baekhyun's phone suddenly beeped. He grabbed his phone from his pocket. It was a message from Suho saying that they need to go back because the everyone's already looking for them. He read it out loud for the other two hear.

Chanyeol and Sehun sighed sadly.

"You kids should really go back. They might get worried and might even throw a fit," Dara warned jokingly.

Chanyeol gave Baekhyun that asked, Do we really have to go now?

As if on cue, it was Chanyeol's phone turn to beep. It was a message from Suho as well with the same message.

They rose from their seats extremely slowly, literally dragging themselves to the door as if they had an anchor wrapped on their ankle. Noticing this, Dara let out a heartwarming laugh. "There will be other playtime for you guys! Go for now." She reassured them.

"What about you, noona?" Chanyeol asked, gulping shyly at the mention of 'noona'. "You'll be alone."

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine here! You have to go," Dara said laughingly.

The trio exchanged worried glances before reluctantly bowing and thanking Dara as they turned around to leave.

"Oh, wait!" Dara suddenly said, making them freeze. The boys watched her as she ped her bag and digged through it t look for something. Her expression brightened as she finally found what she was looking for. It was a ballpen and a piece of paper. She wrote something down on the paper before handing it to them.

They stared at it curiously. For a moment there Chanyeol thought it was an autograph that he was beginning to question himself if he was being that obvious of being a fanboy. When the boys realized what it really was, they couldn't help but gape at it.

"It's okay, take it. It doesn't bite," Dara joked when she noticed none of them reached out to take it.

They were at lost for words, especially Chanyeol. He stood there frozen like a statue, staring at the piece of paper that had Dara's number. Dara's number, his mind emphasized for him. He couldn't believe that she was actually giving it to them.

"Call me when you guys are having a hard time with Tagalog," she offered, "or if you want to learn any Tagalog words for your Filipino fans."

When what Dara said finally manage to sank into their minds, Baekhyun was the first one to speak and grabbed the piece of paper when he realized Chanyeol was in no state to make a grab for it. "Thank you, noona!" He said, in behalf of Chanyeol and Sehun, sounding very grateful.

They exchanged bows again before finally able to leave the shop.

Chanyeol looked over his shoulder to see Dara sitting back down. When they were far enough, Chanyeol squealed like a girl, though it didn't sound anything like a girl because of his extremely deep voice. Baekhyun handed the paper to Chanyeol which Chanyeol placed closely to his chest as if hugging it. Baekhyun and Sehun had smirks on their faces. The former started teasing Chanyeol in which Chanyeol just replied with a grin.

"He's in his la la land again," Baekhyun whispered to Sehun.

"Donghae hyung!" Sehun suddenly called, snapping Chanyeol out of his thoughts.

Donghae searched for the source and when he finally spotted them, he approached them with a smile. He was wearing jeans and a zipped black jacket with a cap on his head. He looks very stylish even with just simple clothes, Chanyeol thought.

"Hey," Donghae greeted them calmly. "Went for tea?"

"Yes, hyung. Are you going to, as well?" Chanyeol asked with a huge smile on his face.

"Yep," Donghae bobbed his head with a grin, showing his white teeth. "You three should hurry. I bumped into Suho and Kyungsoo a while ago. They're looking for you guys."

"Okay, hyung! We'll be on our way then," they said before scurrying off.

"Take care, and have fun!" Donghae shouted after their retreating figures before excitedly walking to the direction the three of them has just come from.

 

 

[CR to GIF owners ^^]