Ballin'

The Choi Family's Second Son

a.n.

Hi there~

Sorry that it took ages to update this. I won't say why but one think for sure, I'm really sorry

Hope this can make up your long wait ^^


 

Ballin’

Choi Family AU

Cast: Minho, Suho, Kris, Chanyeol.

Length: 2k+

 

 

It was such a lazy Sunday for the Choi brotherss. Their parents went to another business trip to Japan and left the two brothers on their own. Suho had no mood to take Minho for a stroll and Minho had no intention to get up from his beloved couch in front of the TV. Suho was sitting on the end of the couch while Minho was laying down on the couch with his head on his Hyung’s lap. Suho had his fingers caressing the black tresses of his brother’s soft hair and they were watching another re-run of Toy Story 3—courtesy to the younger’s demand.

They didn’t even bother to take a shower, ‘We’re not going anywhere. Why bother? Mom isn’t home anyway.’ was what Suho said right after they finished their breakfast that consisted of toast, sausages, and scrambled eggs—Minho’s forever favorite menu—and a glass of milk for each of them. Seeing his older brother as his role model, Minho followed and obeyed everything that his hyung said. When they got to the part where Woody and his friends trapped in the dump, Suho’s hand phone went off. Minho showed no intention to pick it up since he was too engrossed in the animation so Suho had to stretch his free arm and bowed his back to pick the phone on the coffee table.

 

‘Mom’s Calling’

 

Was displayed on the screen. Lazily, Suho swept his thumb over the screen and attached the phone to his right ear.

“Morning Mom” he said and a reply of ‘Morning boys’ was what he got.

“What are you doing mom?” Suho asked his mom and shifted his attention to his younger brother when Minho moved his head to get more comfortable position on his lap. Right after his brother got the position he wanted, Suho once again ran his free hand to Minho’s hair, absently listening to his Mom’s rambling about his and Siwon’s day in Japan.

“Yeah Mom. We had breakfast already.”

‘Minho’s menu?’ he heard his mom asked.

“Yeah, or else he will sulk all day.” Suho was grateful that his brother’s attention focused solely on the animation, or else he’d really sulk the whole day if he heard his brother’s words. Suho could hear his mom laughed over the phone and he passed the phone to his brother when Kyuhyun asked to talk to him.

Minho grumpily received the phone shoved by his brother to his face, a little bit annoyed by the intrusion that disturbed his enjoyment.

“Yoboseyo~” Minho greeted the receiver on the other end.

‘Hey aegi-yah.’ Kyuhyun replied, the longing apparent in his tone. He and Siwon just returned home from their business trade in China in less than a week ago yet they had to fly to Japan for another business-related trip.

“I’m not a baby mooom~” Minho whined to the receiver. Even though he tried to act sulky upon hearing the way his mom called him, his teary eyes and cracked voice gave him away. Suho had to hold his chuckle so that he wouldn’t upset his brother. He knew well that Minho had been missing their mom and their—Minho and Kyuhyun—usual bonding-time-after-business-trip had to be interrupted with yet another business trip. Compared to Suho, Minho is much closer to their mom and had always been spoilt by both of their parents. Suho wasn’t jealous of it, in fact his parents’ action only made him realize how precious his little brother was.

‘Miss you so much my baby boy.’ Kyuhyun said softly

“Miss you too Mom.” Minho answered hoarsely, trying to hold his tears at bay.

Sensing that his son was about a second away of being a crying mess, Kyuhyun tried to change the subject. ‘What are doing now baby? Did I heard Woody’s voice just now?’ He smiled softly upon hearing his precious son’s chuckle, apparently he had succeeded in changing his son’s mood.

“Heheh… yeah, we’re watching Toy Story 3. What are you doing now mom?” And thus, the pair involved in a mindless chit chat for more than 15 minutes with Suho contentedly watching his brother’s glowing face.

“Yeah, we had breakfast already…mhm…with sausages and eggs…no, we haven’t took a bath yet. Suho hyung said that we won’t go anywhere and mom isn’t at mpfttt….” Minho’s mindless rambling was cut short when Suho clamped his hand onto Minho’s mouth and snatched the phone out of Minho’s grasp.

‘Suho… what did you say to your brother?’ Kyuhyun, with his motherly fatherly instinct knew that Suho had clamped his hand onto Minho’s mouth and snatched the phone away from Minho’s grasp.

“Uhh… ummm… no-nothing mom.” Suho stammered and instantly Khyuhyun knew that he was lying.

‘Choi Suho…’ Kyuhyun said and Suho visibly gulped the lump in his throat.

“Ummm…. that’s… umm… well, I said that umm… since we’re not going anywhere and… and… Mom isn’t…isn’t….” He trailed off…

‘That I am what, Suho?’ Kyuhyun pressed and Suho had never wanted to disappear as much as he wanted it at that moment.

“Suho hyung said that we don’t need to take a bath since mom isn’t home.” Minho’s said loudly and then he ran to his room to avoid his brother’s wrath.

‘Choi Suho…what did I say about keeping your health?’ Was what Kyuhyun said before Suho had to endure his mom’s 20 minutes nagging lecture about the importance of staying clean toward their health.

 

Minho ran straight to his bathroom to clean himself after he had successfully spilled his brother’s secret to their mom and he giggled quietly imagining how his brother had to endure their mom’s preach about staying healthy and whatnots. Once he finished his shower, Minho changed into a baby blue loose shirt a basketball shorts and pressed his ear to his bedroom door in his attempt to monitor his brother’s conversation. Once he heard his brother bid their mom goodbye, Minho opened his bedroom door and sneaked his head through the small gap only to see his brother sat motionless on the couch with dark aura engulfing his figure.

Minho gulped nervously, he wasn’t used to see this kind of dark aura surrounding his hyung. Nervously, he made his way to the living room and seated himself in the other end of the couch, away from his brother.

 

“Why did you tell him, Choi Minho?” Suho said quietly without even spared a glance to his brother.

Uh..oh.. “Umm… umm… that’s…umm…” Minho knew that every time his parents or his brother called him by his full name meant that he was in a very deep trouble.

“Do you think it’s funny that I had to endure the 20 minutes of mom’s nagging?” Minho shrunk down in his seat and shook his head weakly.

“Since I had to endure 20 minutes of hell, you have to pay for it.” Suho said.

“Wha…” Was all Minho could say before he burst out laughing uncontrollably when he was caught between his hyung and the armrest, being attacked by his hyung’s deadly tickles.

“Haha…h-hyung…haha…w-wait…ah!...h-yung!” Minho said incoherently through his laughing fit.

“You…brat. Why did you tell mom huh? Now you have to be punished Minnie~” Suho said with a wide grin on his face without lowering his attacks on his younger brother.

“Ah!...H-hyung…haha…WAIT!...Ah!...s-stop…haha…it tickles…hyung!” Minho kept on pleading through his uncontrollable laugh. His hyung kept on attacking his ticklish spots and he couldn’t even fight back since he was trapped between the couch and his hyung’s body. Only when his brother’s phone rang for the second time that morning did Suho stopped his assault toward the younger boy, leaving the now red-faced boy gasping for air and weakly winded his arms around his stomach.

 

“Yeoboseyo…” Suho greeted the one in the other end of the phone, equally breathless.

‘Hyung? Are you okay?’ the deep voice from the other end replied.

“Yeah, I’m fine. What’s up Chanyeol-ah?” Suho didn’t miss the way his brother’s ears perked up upon hearing Chanyeol’s name.

‘Can I talk to Minho?’ Chanyeol’s question brought a frown to Suho’s face.

“Why do you need to talk to him?” Suho’s overprotectiveness was on fire.

‘Well, Kris hyung and I are planning to play basketball on the court next to Han river and we’re wondering if Minho wants to join us since he loves sport.’ Chanyeol explained.

“Okay, wait a second.” Suho replied and turned to ask his brother “Do you want to join Chanyeol and Kris to play basketball, Minnie?” Minho nodded enthusiastically and with a slight reluctance Suho relayed the answer to Chanyeol. “Can I join too? I think I also need some workout.” Suho made up an excuse so that he could keep an eye on his baby brother. After he got an okay from Chanyeol, they started to have a short discussion about what time they would meet. Suho ended the phone call and proceeded to take a short shower before he and Minho headed to the said court.

Thirty minutes later, the two brothers found themselves sitting on a bench next to the basketball court. Apparently, the two giants that invited them hadn’t made their appearance.

 

“Minho-ya!” the Choi brothers who just started stretching immediately straightened up upon hearing the deep familiar voice and saw the way Chanyeol grinned excitedly and run across the court toward Minho’s direction with arms stretched out and Kris who walked slowly behind him with a ball tucked in his right arm . Suho doesn’t need any second longer to realize what Chanyeol would do to his baby brother. So, right before Chanyeol managed to wrap the youngest into a hug, Suho put himself in front of Minho and made Chanyeol hug him instead of his baby brother. “Don’t even think to hug my baby brother.” Suho said in a menacing voice that made Chanyeol shivered in fear. Chanyeol pushed himself away from Suho and looked at him with wide eyes full of disbelieve and fear.

“Hi Chanyeol hyung.” Minho’s greeting woke Chanyeol from his dazed state and the giant replied with a shaky ‘H-hi M-Minho.’ And simply waved his right hand. Too terrified to take a step closer toward the smiling boy.

 

“Oh, hi Kris hyung.” Minho greeted the tallest among them who just arrived in the spot next to Chanyeol.

“Hi Minho.” Kris replied. But when he took a step closer to hug the youngest, he felt someone tugged the hem of his shirt. Puzzled, Kris turned his head to his right side where Chanyeol stood next to him. There, he saw Chanyeol shook his head frantically yet managed to almost go unnoticed. But Kris knew him better and then casted Chanyeol a questioning gaze. There, Chanyeol pointed to Suho with his eyes that screamed ‘BEWARE OF HIM!!!’ Kris shifted his gaze to Suho’s direction and was greeted by a menacing glare from the elder Choi that made him unconsciously took a step back.

“So, can we start the game now?” Minho asked cheerfully, oblivious to the tension among the three young man.

“Sure Minnie.” Suho answered his brother sweetly and then turned to the other two “come on guys.” He said coldly, making the two other giants gaped for his quick change of demeanor.

 

“No! It won’t be fair!!! Kris hyung and Chanyeol hyung are really tall. They can win this match easily!” Minho exclaimed when Suho insisted that he should be in one team with his brother.

“But you’ll have me. They won’t win against me, Minnie.” Suho kept on arguing and tried to convince his baby brother to be in his team. The argument lasted for 5 minutes long with both Kris and Chanyeol could only watched the bicker from the side.

“No! I want to be in Kris hyung’s team.” When Minho suddenly blurted out Kris’ name, he was welcomed by protests from two other people. Suho for not wanting his brother to be in a team with people other than him and Chanyeol for not wanting Kris to have his chance in winning Minho’s heart. Seeing that he wouldn’t win this argument easily, Minho use the last source of his weapon; his absolute teary puppy eyes completed with adorable pout.

“Why? Why can’t I be in Kris hyung’s team? Kris hyung is the tallest and I’m the shortest. Don’t you think it’s fair enough?” Minho asked pitifully and the other three young adults instantly felt guilt creeping up their heart. “But if Suho hyung won’t allow it, I think I have no other choice.” Minho lowered his head once he ended his sentence and slowly walked to the center of the court. The depressed-looking figure in the middle of the basketball court made Suho’s heart wrenched painfully and thus, he made his way toward his brother and touched Minho’s right shoulder with his hand.

“Hey Minnie, it’s okay if you want to teamed up with Kris.” Suho said sofly and Minho looked up, his well-trained puppy eyes still there.

“Really hyung?” Suho nodded. And with that, Minho’s entire face lit up; that adorable innocent smile returned to its respective place and he proceeded to hug his hyung. “Thank you hyung~” he squealed and ran toward Kris’ direction. “Kris hyuuung~ I’m in your teaaaam~” he exclaimed cheerfully and then dragged Kris into the center of the court. “Come on Chanyeol hyung!! You’re in Suho hyung’s team.” And reluctantly, the second giant made his way to the older Choi.

 

Before they started the game, they made a deal that the losing team should follow everything that the winning team said. And off they go.  Minho, being his usual competitive self, tried his best to win against his hyung. But his hyung’s ability in sport was not one to be questioned. Suho, in the other hand won’t allow Kris or Chanyeol to be too close to his baby brother. He would even push Chanyeol—who attempted to steal the ball from Minho—away if he thought Chanyeol was too close to Minho for his liking.

“Hyung, do you forget that you’re Chanyeol hyung’s team? Why did you push him away?” Minho questioned confusedly when Suho managed to knock Chanyeol off his feet when he tried to steal the ball from the Minho.

“Heheh…I forgot ‘bout that. Sorry Chanyeol.” He said emotionlessly. When Minho’s team managed to score, Suho would rushed to hug his brother so that Kris wouldn’t have the chance to do that celebratory thing with Minho.

 

The game continued for the next hour and by the time they finished, Minho’s team had won with a quite far margin—courtesy of Suho who messed up the game with his overprotectiveness toward his baby brother.

“Yay!!! We win. So you have to follow what we say~” Minho’s happiness couldn’t be concealed. He would be extremely happy every time he managed to beat his brother. “Hmmm… Kris hyung, what do you want?” He asked his teammate cheerfully.

“Ummm…I don’t know. But I feel like having a big serving of ice cream. What d’ya say?” Kris replied and Minho welcomed the idea enthusiastically. Then, the four of them went to an ice cream parlor to order some ice cream. Choco mint flavor for both Minho and Chanyeol, classic Vanilla flavor for Suho and Coffee flavor for Kris. Minho and Chanyeol mocked the other two elders about their choice of flavor. Stating that Suho was such an old man to order Vanilla flavor and Kris was such a weird man who order the bitter-tasted ice cream—Minho and Chanyeol insisted that ice cream should be sweet and refreshing. Much to Minho’s delight, the Ice cream lady gave him an extra scoop of Ice cream for his cuteness. Minho was about to sulk for being referred as a cute boy instead of a handsome boy; but what an extra scoop of ice cream couldn’t do? Right after the lady added an extra scoop, his annoyance dissolved into thin air.

 

The four of them were seated on one of the stairs of the cemented river bank. Eating their ice cream while enjoying the calm atmosphere of Han River. When it was around eleven in the afternoon, Suho decided that it was the time for them to go home and being the spoiled kid he was, Minho managed to get his hyung to piggyback him on their way home.

“How was it, Minnie? Was it fun?” Suho asked his brother that by now had his chin rested on Suho’s right shoulder.

“Mhm…it was reaaaaly fun. And finally I can defeat you~” Minho singsonged. “Kris hyung is awesome. He’s so good in playing basketball. I’m sure that he will defeat you if you guys have a one-on-one match.” Minho said cheerfully.

“We’ll see Minnie… We’ll see.” And Minho missed the evil smirk that adorned his hyung’s face.

.

.

.

.

a.n.

So, how was it? I'm sorry if it's a 'lil bit lousy.

As usual my lovelies, comments and critics are absolutely welcomed

 

yours, Hana