The Dragon Spirit of The River: His Daughter, Hyeri.

To Be A Girl For 32 Days

 

I was expecting to be woken up as a boy again from this dream I had. To be a boy again. But I opened up my eyes to a girl. I was so happy. This life I had always wanted was still here. I was in this dream for a long time. It was 6:28AM and no one was up yet. So I decided to go back to the same river from before.

I made my way there in my pajamas. In the misty morning.

'Sigh .. When will I wake up from this delightful dream of mine." I said.
"You won't .. It's not a dream" something was here with me.
I got so frightened. I jumped. I stood up and looked around carefully.
"Uhh .. who is there..?" I started to pant slowly.

Water splashed. I turned around to a beautiful girl in ancient clothing splashing water with her feet and playing alone. She was young. Maybe a little younger than me.

"Who are you ...?" I said with caution.
She smiled, "My name is Hyeri, daughter of the Dragon Spirit of this river" she said.
"Your kidding me right?" I giggled to myself.
She stood up and was angry, "I'm kidding you? You better be KIDDING me. You want me to prove it right? Okay then watch carefully" she said.

She lifted her arm towards the river and it stopped flowing. She glared at me. I was shocked. But I thought it was a coincidence. She lowered her arm and the river started to flow once again. I was definitely shocked this time. she started to laugh.

"You're really a dragon .." I said in shock.
She nodded.
"But .. why did you say what you said before..?" I said.
she giggled and started to splash the water with her feet.

"I understood your pain. I myself have a desire other than to be a dragon. I saw love for the first time. With a boy and girl. They were human. I want to be human. I want someone to stare into my eyes the way they stared into each others' eyes. In the dragon world, you don't pick who you want to be with for the rest of your life. There is a certain method that decides who your wife or husband will be. I will soon be moving away to a different river, far away. My wedding is in 33 days. I saw your pain of how you wish to be a girl. Us dragon's have something called a rainbow scale. Each of us have one. If we use it on a human and they find what they are looking for, then we get to be human as well. Which is why I have granted you the wish to become a girl"

I smiled in happiness.
"For only 32 days" she said and my smile had disappeared.
"Once I marry, I can never become human ever again. The trick is, you have to find true love within those 32 days. If you do, you get to keep your life as a girl and in return, I get a wish for myself and I want to become human. If you don't, you return to being a boy, and I forever am a dragon" she said, her eye's showed a sign of worrisome, this girl was relying on me to make her dreams come true.

i was shocked and speechless.
"soo then ... I have to find true love within 32 days ...???" I asked.
"31, you wasted a day at a party, with a boy who showed no love for you at all" she said.

 

I was haunted by the memories of what JoongHyun did to be the night before.
"Listen Ae Kyung. You have to be careful. True love will come to you when you least expect it to. They could be right in front of you. But you may have never even known. You have 31 days left. Use it wisely. My life is in your hands" and with that Hyeri disappeared into the mist.

I have 31 days to find true love. Who could it be..