Helpless

Win Win Fate

 

Chapter 5: Helpless

“Oppa!” Yoona shouted excitedly when she saw Siwon’s walking towards her. Without waiting any longer, she ran excitedly to Siwon and wrapped her arms around Siwon.

 

His arms slowly wrapped Yoona’s petite body tightly and pulled her closer to his body. How he wished that moment would stay forever, he wouldn’t mind it as long as Yoona was with him because he knew that this might be the last time he felt the touch of Yoona’s warm hands on his body.

 

“I miss you so much Oppa...” Yoona said softly as she buried her face onto Siwon’s muscular chest.

 

“I miss you more..” Siwon replied softly. He slowly pushed Yoona away from him because he knew that it would be hard for him to let go if he continued. He began to wear a forceful smile on his face when he saw Yoona.

 

“I got something for you. Since Christmas is tomorrow, it’s kinda like advance Christmas gift.” Siwon said as he lifted the bags that were on the floor.

 

“Really? I thought you’ve forgotten about me.” Yoona pouted as she received the bags from Siwon in which Siwon just chuckled.

 

“Aigoo~ Kiyeopta!” Siwon pinched Yoona’s cheeks. He tried his very best to act normally towards Yoona so that Yoona wouldn’t suspect anything.

 

“What did you buy for me? Let me have a look...” Yoona muttered when she began checking through the items in the bags.

 

Her face lit up when she saw what Siwon bought for her and obviously she loved what Siwon bought for her that she unknowingly hugged Siwon.

 

“Gumawo Oppa!! I love you!” Yoona said excitedly while still hugging Siwon. On the other hand, Siwon felt a sudden heartache when his ears caught the last three words that Yoona said. How he wished that Yoona said that as his lover, not as a dongsaeng. Too bad, Yoona only saw him as an oppa at that moment but the only choice Siwon got at that point was just remained silent and acted as normal as possible.

 

Yoona pulled her arms away from Siwon after a while to start a conversation because she had a lot of things to tell Siwon starting off with her new relationship with Donghae.

 

“Oppa, you know I’m together with Donghae-oppa right now right. Aren’t you curious how it all started?” Yoona playfully asked Siwon.

 

Siwon was obviously taken aback with what Yoona said but he just played along.

 

“Of course I’m curious how my ugly Yoona got herself a boyfriend.” Siwon teased.

 

“Oppa!” Yoona pouted and crossed her arms.

 

“Okay, okay. Does my “beautiful and gorgeous” Yoona sound better?”

 

Yoona nodded and her lips slowly formed a small smile upon hearing that. Siwon really knew how to form a smile on her face.

Siwon just chuckled when he saw Yoona’s smile.

 

“Oppa, back to the story. Donghae-oppa was actually the blue notes sender who always took care of me.”

 

“Wha—aat? Blue notes sender?”

 

“Mm—hmm!” Yoona nodded.

 

“I fell in love with the notes sender because of his unconditional kindness and caring attitude towards me and the sender turns out to be Donghae-oppa which explains how he knew my nickname and my favourite stuffs.”

 

“I’m so in love Oppa!” The happiness was written all over Yoona’s face.

 

“How can you be so certain that Donghae was the blue notes sender?” Siwon sounded so cynical.

 

“I found his watch which is exactly the same with the watch that the notes sender wore which I saw when he helped me and Donghae-oppa also confessed that he was the sender.”

 

Siwon couldn’t believe his ears. His own bestfriend has taken all the credits which should be received by him.

 

“I’m the blue notes sender Yoong! I am!” Siwon screamed in his heart.

 

“If only I knew that it would turn out this way, I wouldn’t borrow Donghae’s watch at the first place.” Siwon thought.

 

“It’s useless to cry over spilt milk. It won’t change the fact that Yoona is so in love with Donghae right now.”

 

“Oppa? Are you okay?” Yoona waved her hand back and forth in front of Siwon’s face as he was in a trance.

 

“Ah, sorry. What were you saying?” Siwon finally back to earth.

 

“Are you okay Oppa? You seem tired.”

 

“I guess so. I think I should head back home now to have a short nap.” Siwon excused himself.

 

“Araso Oppa. Take care.”

 

Yoona watched Siwon left and she wondered why Siwon was acting that way. So far as she knew, Siwon never acted that way towards her.

 

 

Siwon put on his cap and lowered it down a lil bit to hide his face to avoid people from recognising him. Siwon strolled along the busy city of Seoul absent-mindedly still in shock of what he just heard a few minutes ago. He just couldn’t believe that he just blew his chance because of a watch. How on earth that could happen, he wondered.

 

“Looks like I’m gonna spend my Christmas Eve alone again this year,” Siwon thought.

Unconsciously, his feet brought him to the Han River, the place which kept a lot of his memory with Yoona during their days as trainees few years back. The memories slowly came up one by one into his mind while he lost himself in the lonely night by the river. They used to come together to this place whenever they had a break from training.

 

“Oppa, why do you like to come here?” 14 years old Yoona asked.

 

Siwon turned to face Yoona. His lips slowly formed a smile while staring at Yoona.

 

“What about you? Why do you like this place?” 18 years old Siwon, threw back the same question.

 

“Oppa, you’re not answering my question.” Yoona pouted in which Siwon replied with a silly laugh.

 

“Oppa!” Yoona playfully hit Siwon’s left arm.

 

“Okay—okay! I’m sorry...” Siwon apologised while still wearing his silly yet charming smile.

 

“You want to know the answer?” Siwon asked.

 

“Yes!” Yoona nodded with a wide smile.

 

“Okay, turn around.”

 

“Turn around?”

 

“Aish, just do as I say.” Siwon chuckled.

 

Yoona did what she was told to do and Siwon moved a few steps closer to Yoona, facing her back as he pointed his left index finger, preparing to prank Yoona.

 

“Okay, turn around in the count of three.” Siwon instructed with an evil grin.

 

“I..2..3!”

 

When Yoona turned around, Siwon’s index finger poked her left cheek which made Yoona jumped in surprise and Siwon exploded in laughter because his prank was successful and Yoona’s surprise face was priceless in his eyes.

 

“Oppa!!” Yoona shouted and Siwon was already a mile away running from her.

 

Yoona began to chase after him and he turned around in between to tease Yoona. He just loved to tease Yoona. At that point, happiness was the only thing Siwon knew whenever he was with Yoona.

 

Now, they can never be same as they were several years back. It seems really far from possible for Siwon to act the same way towards Yoona after all the crazy things that just happened several days back.

 

“I like to come here because of you Yoong. Happiness was the only thing I felt whenever I came here with you...” Siwon muttered while facing the calm river before he left.