Chapter 1: The Beginning Of Everything

Win Win Fate

 

The loud and annoying school bell had rung which marked the end of class for the day. Sixteen years old Siwon picked up his backpack from the floor and ped the lip of his backpack to put in all his belongings. Done with all that, he walked to the main gate to wait for his dad.

To kill the time, Siwon pulled out his iPod from his right pocket. He unwrapped the white cord and pushed the tiny speaker nubs into his ears and pressed the Play button. He shoved inside the iPod together with his hand inside his right pocket. His head slowly nodded up and down enjoying the song’s rhythm while waiting for his dad to pick him up from school.

Out of blue, an unknown man approached the oblivious Siwon. He tapped Siwon’s right arm which brought Siwon back to the earth. Siwon immediately plugged out the earpieces from his ears.

“Annyeonghaseyo ahjusshi. How can I help you?” Siwon immediately bowed and asked the stranger.

“Here is my card. Come to see me whenever you’re free and try for the audition,” the stranger said as he handed Siwon his business card.

“Lee Sooman-sshi?” Siwon whispered. Siwon wrinkled his forehead because he was clueless.

“Wait wait, what audition?” Siwon asked out of confusion.

The stranger just smiled and said, “The SM Entertainment is doing auditions to recruit new talents. I personally think, physically, you got what we are looking for. So, don’t forget to try out.”

Siwon just stood there unable to utter a word for a sec because he was so surprise. “I’ll think about it. Kamsahamnida ahjusshi.” Siwon finally had the strength to utter some words out from his mouth and bowed to the ahjusshi.

“Dad and Mom would definitely say a big NO for this audition.” Siwon thought to himself and sighed.

By then, Siwon’s driver pulled over the car next to Siwon. Siwon just entered the car without delay. On his way, he couldn’t stop thinking about the offer.

----

 

 

Night time.

On Siwon’s way to the living room, the thought of entering the audition accompanied him.

“How was school today son?” Mr Choi asked while checking files of his company. He was a really workaholic man. He even worked extra hours at home. But he would always try to make time for his kids.

“Fine, as usual. Nothing new.” Siwon unenthusiastically answered his dad. He walked to the bookshelf to grab something to read. Then, he walked to the seat near to the fireplace and settled down. Then, the afternoon incident with the ahjusshi strucked his mind again.

Siwon decided to ask his dad about something. Maybe his dad answer can be sort of help for him to decide about the audition? He would like to try but if his dad didn’t allow, he wouldn’t try the audition. Maybe?

“Err...dad.” Siwon parted his lips to call his dad.

“Yes son?” his dad replied while still examining the files.

“Ermm..do I really have to be in business career? I mean like, can’t I pursue other career?” Siwon nervously asked his dad.

Mr Choi turned his head away from the files to where Siwon was. He adjusted his glasses back to its original spot before he replied, “Why? You don’t like Business Management?” He stared directly to Siwon eyes.

“I don’t like that stare.” Siwon thought to himself. The next figure that he scared after God was his dad.

“Err...No no. Of course I like it.” Siwon lied to his dad.

“Good. Don’t even try to think on pursuing other career. You’re my only son and the heir to this company. Remember that.” Mr Choi pressed out to Siwon.

“I will remember that dad.” Siwon said to his dad. He knew what he should do. He should decline the offer. He was the heir, and will always be that.

“Dad, Imma off to bed now. Goodnight.” Siwon said to his dad as he walked to the bookshelf to put away the book.

“Goodnight son.” Mr Choi said while still checking the files.

Siwon walked to his room looking frustrated. He wouldn’t have the chance to make his name renowned.

----

The audition day.

Siwon kept on staring on the ahjusshi’s card. He was told that today was the day for the audition. He was stucked between his own will and his dad’s will. He wanted to be renowned but his dad wanted him to be the heir.

He decided to call up his bestfriend, Jun to ask his opinion.

“Whaddup dude?” Jun answered from the other line.

“Hyung, can I ask you something?” Siwon started.

“Sure. Spill it.” Jun said.

“I got an offer from SM Entertainment. Should I go for the audition?” Siwon asked.

“Well, if your passion is on music, you should.” Jun replied.

“But the problem is my dad. You know what he wants me to be right?” Siwon said.

“Whoa, difficult situation. But I personally think you should join the audition. About your dad, I’m sure one day he will understand why you disobey him.” Jun voiced out his opinion.

Siwon was thinking deeply about Jun’s opinion.

“Hello? Siwon-ah? Are you still there?” Jun said.

“Yes hyung. I’m still listening.” Siwon said.

“So, what do you say?” Jun asked.

“I’ll call you if I have made up my mind.” Siwon said.

“Well, okay then. Bye.” Jun said and hung up.

Siwon got up from his bed and walked to his study table. He grabbed a picture of Mr Choi and him when he was still a lil boy. The photo was taken when Siwon was in the 3rd grade. He received the best student award which made his dad really proud of him.

“I’m sorry dad...” Siwon muttered and finally made his mind up.

---

 

“The next participator, Choi Siwon!” the staff called out.

Siwon went inside the room nervously because he didn’t prepare anything for the audition. He went inside and just did what he should do.

“Choi Siwon imninda!” Siwon said to the judges and he noticed that one of the judges was Mr. Lee Sooman.

The judges told him to dance to the song that they gave him. He was also asked to sing a few songs during the audition.

After all participator had auditioned, the judges were in a meeting to choose who was fit to become their trainees.

Siwon and other participator were all waiting nervously for the results.

“Chill dude.” A guy said to Siwon and smirked.

“I can’t. I think my heart was about to burst now.” Siwon said which made the boy laugh.

“Here. Take this. Maybe this will calm you down a lil bit.” The boy said as he offered Siwon a chewing gum.

“Well, thanks. I appreciate that.” Siwon said and started chewing the gum.

“I’m Siwon, you?” Siwon said and offered a handshake with the boy who he just knew.

“Donghae.” The guy said and responded to Siwon’s handshake.

They started to talk about random things and they could relate to each other to some of the things.

The judges entered the room with the results in their hands.

“I want y’all to know that you guys are all amazing. But we can only choose the best out of all of you. Don’t ever give up if you fail in this audition. To those who pass, you still have to work hard even though you pass this audition.” Lee Sooman said to all the participator.

Lee Sooman started to call out the names of those who passed the audition. Siwon was getting really nervous because his name hadn’t been called yet. Donghae had already been called out and that made him even nervous.

“Finally, Choi Siwon!” Lee Sooman said.

Siwon lifted his head up when his ears caught a familiar name.

“What? Choi Siwon? God! That’s me! Yeaaah!!” Siwon jumped out in excitement. He couldn’t content his happiness for getting accepted as one of SM Entertainment trainees.

“We made it buddy.” Donghae said to him and smiled.

“Yeah we made it bro.” Siwon said and smiled too.

The failed participators left the SM building broken-heartedly.

“Tomorrow, you’ll officially start your life as our trainee and you better pack all your things by today because you’all will move inside a dorm tomorrow.” Lee Sooman said.

“Get ready for all events that might happen in your life as a trainee. I hope y’all will continue to work harder and train harder.” Lee Sooman said and smiled to all who made it.

“I have to tell dad about this later. I can’t deny my own will. This is my life.” Siwon thought to himself.

Siwon called up Jun to tell him that he passed the audition.

“What?! Serious?! Whoa congrats man!” Jun said excitedly over the line.

“Thanks to you. I have the courage to join the audition.” Siwon said.

“Nah, it’s not me. It’s you. You’re the one who is brave enough to do it.” Jun said.

“I plan to tell my dad about this later because I have to move in to the dorm to start my trainee life tomorrow. Wish me luck.” Siwon said.

“Move in to a dorm? What about school? Are you ready to be away from your parents?” Jun said.

“I’ll still attend school dude. Don’t worry. I’m not really ready actually but I’m 16 dude. I can start thinking on being independent. Thanks man. You’re really my best buddy.” Siwon said.

“Well, best of luck for you. I hope everything goes well for you. Dude, I gotta go. My mum calls me. Bye!” Jun said and hung up.

---

 

 

 

Siwon went to the living room where his parents were after he finished packing up his belongings.

He took a seat opposite to his parents.

“Mum, Dad.” Siwon called out nervously.

“Yes? What’s the matter?” Mr Choi asked while watching the television.

“Umm..I joined an audition this afternoon...and..” Siwon stuttered. His parents immediately switched their attention to their only son.

“And what Siwon?” Mr Choi asked in demanding tone.

“And....I got accepted.” Siwon said and lowered down his head. He couldn’t bear to watch his parents facial disappointment.

“What?! Tell me you’re not serious.” Mr Choi stood up and asked Siwon.

“I’m dead serious dad.” Siwon said. This was the first time he disobeyed his dad.

“Quit that thing now. You need to focus on learning our business! Not a stupid entertainment!” Mr Choi said raging out.

“Dad, this is what I love. Not business. Please dad, mum. Understand me. For once, let me make my own decision. And I’m moving into the dorm tomorrow.” Siwon said strictly.

“What?! You are moving out?!” Mr Choi was shocked.

“Yes. I wanna be independent. All this time, I was pampered by our rich lifestyle.” Siwon said.

“Okay, if you can prove to us that you will succeed, I have no problem letting you get into showbiz.” Mrs Choi finally voiced out.

“Yeobo!” Mr Choi said to his wife.

“Yeobo, let him do what he wants. We as parents should support him.” Mrs Choi said as she rubbed Mr Choi’s arm. Mr Choi could only sigh when he heard what his wife said.

“Fine. But we won’t give you any money to start your own life. You’ve to earn it yourselves. You are the one who said that you want to be independent right? Now, I give you the chance to do it.” Mr Choi said straight to Siwon’s face.

“I’m sure I can prove to you that I can live independently.” Siwon said.

His dad still couldn’t believe that his obedient son will do this to him.

----

Siwon had moved in with 12 other boys into a dorm. This will the first time, Siwon will live with a big group of people. They introduced themselves to each other. Siwon shared a room with Donghae.

“As Leeteuk hyung is the eldest in here, we should appoint him as leader. What do you guys say?” Kangin said.

All the boys agreed to Kangin’s suggestion.

“Let’s head to the SM building now to start practicing.” Their manager instructed them.

They all walked to the SM building because it was very near to their dorm.

----

At SM building.

The guys went straight to the floor 7 which all the dancing and singing room were situated.

Other trainees who saw Siwon started to buzz about his good looks. Siwon walked past them and smiled.

They went into the dancing room which a group of girls were busy practicing.

“Girls, here is your new training mates.” Lee Sooman introduced the boys.

The boys and the girls bowed to each other.

Siwon’s eyes finally fell on a cute petite girl on the corner. He thought that girl was really cute. Without him noticing, Donghae also felt the same way about that girl.

Lee Sooman left them so they could get to know each other more.

Siwon and Donghae approached the girl.

“Hey, I’m Donghae. This is my roommate, Siwon.” Donghae introduced to the girl.

“I’m Yoona.” Yoona responded and smiled.

Both Siwon and Donghae were captivated by her smile.

That was the beginning of everything.

---

 

I hope this is okay. :3