Acting

Excessively Pensive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The joys of acting wash me over completely and make me whole. It fills me with contentment and happiness that is unique from that of dancing, or singing. It allows me to take on challenges which I never would have thought were possible to overcome. Acting is an essential part of my life and I have a strong attachment to it.

 

Acting is my release. It’s my only sense of comfort in this realm of chaos we call our world. There are moments when it’s the only thing that makes sense. I belong to acting, but acting does not solely belong to me. My false sense of ownership overwhelmed me. For a while, I considered acting to be my domain and I feared a loss when one by one, the members sought it. In my mind’s eye, they were intruders. I was for a while blinded by greed and I became possessive with this form of expression. It hadn’t occurred to me that they might’ve needed that release, just as I did and still do.

 

Acting is a craft that I strive to perfect. From the most miniscule facial expression to the largest actions, I seek to master each and every one of them. Nothing is ever of little importance, everything is valuable. To paint a beautiful picture, every must match the texture and color of the medium. Everything works just to form the product closest to perfection.

 

“Im Yoona!”

 

“Neh, Unnie?”

 

“Help me with my lines please.”

 

“Sure thing.”

 

“Does my expression look good?”

 

“Yes. You have to show it a bit more. Feel the emotions. Absorb the character, unnie.”

 

“Okay, I’ll try to. Practice with me again tomorrow?”

 

“Of course.”

 

At first I was hesitant. Nevertheless, my love for my sisters prevailed and I now seek solace in our few brief tutoring sessions. As time went by, my unpleasant sentiments over the other members’ acting stints faded. It gave me a chance to help them and share my knowledge with them. I became an acting coach, even with my amateur acting skills. I often re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter