Judgment Day

Excessively Pensive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dawn has come upon us. However, the dawn no longer signifies the start of a new day, it now stands as the harbinger of the end of an era. Reality has finally caught up with mankind and we are faced with the consequences of living materialistic and superficial lives. The day of truth has been wrought on us and there is no escaping the hand of the maker.

People tremble as the senseless and self-centered world we have created crumbles and we no longer have anything to show for our agony and toil. Everything is reduced to bits and becomes of no worth. Everything, whether concrete or abstract, dissolves and the functions of society break down. Decades of hard work are flushed down the drain and we are left with nothing but the most basic of objects, ourselves.

Humanity is coming to close, quite simply put, it is dead. Who is to say it wasn’t dying in the first place? The basest forms of decorum, morality and values, have been slowly forgotten and ideas of revelry and pleasure overcome us. Responsibilities are set aside and greed is placed at the forefront. Humanity has slowly been decaying and we have known it all along. We were just afraid that realizing it would make it more real than it already is.

“And now what do you have to say for yourself, Im Yoona?” A loud voice booms throughout the seemingly endless white room as Yoona gets wrapped in a blanket of anxiety and apprehension.

Cogs turn in Yoona’s brain, but no response comes out of . Instead, memories keep playing in her head distracting her from the onslaught of questions thrown her way.

“Yoona, Im Yoona. Are you paying attention?” The voice rings out again and this time is successfully brings back Yoona to the current time and place.

“Where are my unnies?”

“Pardon me.”

“Where are they?”

“I’m sorry but you came alone.”

“No, I didn’t. They were with me before I got to this room.”

“That was simply a figment of your imagination. Something you might call a hallucination.”

“I wasn’t hallucinating. It was real.” Yoona grits her teeth in frustration.

“Believe what you want, but I am telling you that none of those were real for none of those still exist.”

Yoona was baffled. “I c-can’t understand? What do you mean?”

“You, Im Yoona, are no longer part of their world. You have perished.”

“What? I don’t understand.”

“It’s natural. Almost everyone goes through the denial phase. I understand that there is trouble accepting such a complication.”

“Didn’t the world already end?”

“In your mind’s eye it did. However, the earth still has a thousand more years in its belt and the end is far from near. Only your world has ceased to exist.”

“What?”

“See, every single being has a world of his own. This is interlinked with many other worlds and sometimes even completely overlaps with some. Upon your demise, your world ceases to exist and every single part of you is erased from their worlds.”

“What? How could that happen?”

“Everything doesn’t the work the way it does in movies Yoona. You have to take note of that.”

“But how? Why?”

“You have exceeded your time for the day. We will resume this discussion tomorrow.”

And with that, Yoona was transported to another white room with a single bed. It looked like a bedroom, but it was completely bare except for the bed. The same as the previous room, there were no walls and all sides seem to extend infinitely. Yoona’s brain was tired from all the thinking and so she fell asleep almost immediately.

About three hours into her sleep, Yoona bolted awake. When she figured she was still in the white (bed)room, she started pinching herself to check if it was all indeed real. Upon feeling pain, she stopped pinching herself and stood up to roam around her so-called room. She kept walking and no matter which direction she turned to, the walk was never-ending. She didn’t get too far from the bed for fear of getting lost or falling off somewhere.

As she explored this spacious realm, the voice from before rang out again. “Yoona, be prepared.”

“For what?”

Without warning, Yoona was suddenly taken to SM Entertainment’s building. She was wondering what she was doing her when a whisper suddenly told her, “Go to your old recording studio.”

She walked to her studio and was shocked to find Jessica and Krystal recording a duet. She never remembered the company announcing a project for the Jung siblings. Curious, she knocked and entered the room.

“Hi Sica-unnie, hi Krystal.” Yoona greeted them cheerfully. However, the two only continued to ignore her and proceeded memorizing ther song.

Yoona was left baffled. No matter what she did to catch their attention, the two simply didn’t care to notice her presence.

Yoona was irked, her Sica-unnie knew better than to ignore her. She started flailing her arms in front of them in hopes of catching their attention. However, all her efforts were futile. Yoona finally decided to give up and patiently sat on the couch opposite the two girls. Once she settled herself on the couch, the same voice that had been talking to her suddenly started whispering.

“Yoona, they will not be able to hear nor see you. You are non-existent to them. Haven’t you been listening to what I said?” There was a brief pause to let Yoona absorb what the voice said. “You were brought here to show you what happens when your world no longer exists. If you were never in this realm, the succession of events that led to where you were would have never occurred. If you had not been there, this would be what the world looked like. Observe and reflect, Im Yoona.”

Yoona had so many questions to ask the voice, but she didn’t know how to voice it out when the voice immediately disappeared after delivering that vague message.

The Jung sisters started singing an upbeat song that Yoona recognized as Oh!

What? This cannot be happening. Yoona’s thoughts are filled with numerous questions, questions which she can’t find answers to.

As Yoona struggled to understand what was happening, she found a record placed on the side table. The record was labelled So Nyuh Shi Dae and the album was entitled Genie. The cover showed Jessica and Krystal in marine girl outfits saluting while leaning their backs to one another. Yoona was left dumbfounded.

One question resounded in her head. How?

All of a sudden, she was transported to a different location. This time it was in a foreign nation. There was a pictorial being held in one of the ice caps at the Antarctic. The girl was shivering so hard that she almost looked like she was dancing. Her teeth were chattering and she spouted incomprehensible words. The photographer then decided to call it a day and the girl went inside her tent to warm herself.

Yoona followed the girl and there she found numerous magaz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter