05

To Make A Story

Finally we arrived at our destination. An amusement park. I looked over at Hyungsik to see if he was serious.

“I thought we were having dinner,” I said to him.

He parked the car and turned his head toward me, a grin on his face.

“We are,” he stated.

The two of us got out of the car and I Hyungsik came over and linked arms with me.

“I don’t think that junk food counts as dinner,” I told him.

He laughed and pulled me along to the gates to get our tickets. I tried to pay for mine but he refused to let his girlfriend pay.

“Can I pay for some of our dinner then?” I asked as we made our way inside.

“No. I said that tonight you are getting the best first date and you paying is not part of the plan.”

I took in everything around me and smiled in amazement. It had been at least three years since I went to an amusement park. Seeing all the people and the rides, it got me excited and feeling like a little kid.

“So this dinner. Where exactly are we having it?” I asked while still looking around.

“Just follow me,” Hyungsik replied.

He took me to a tent where inside was an elegant dinner set up.

“Wow!” I exclaimed. “Do amusement parks usually have this kind of thing?”

“No, however I called and asked for a favor.”

I didn’t even know you could do that sort of thing. Could you? Seeing as this beautiful dinner was right in front of my eyes, I have to go with yes.

We took our seats and I stared at the food in front of me.

“Can anybody call and ask for a favor?” I questioned.

“If you want to be technical, yes. But not all of these favors can be done.”

“Then how come they are doing a favor for you?”

Hyungsik just smiled at me and gestured to my food.

“Just eat and don’t question it. I know being a writer that’s hard to do. But knowing the answer takes away some of the magic of the night.”

He had a point. So we began eating. The food was delicious and I had to stop myself from asking a bunch of questions. But I was just so curious.

Once we were done with our food, we headed out to ride some rides. We started with the carousel because I wasn’t too big a fan of roller coaster. Plus I didn’t want to throw up my food. That was not the way to have the best first date. Hyungsik won me a stuffed penguin and it was really turning out to be the perfect night. I wanted to do something for him since he did all of this but what. It came to me as we passed one of the smaller rollercoasters.

“Let’s ride this one,” I said, pulling Hyugsik to a stop.

He looked over at the rollercoaster then at me.

“Are you sure? I thought you weren’t a big fan.”

“It’s fine. I can hold your hand if I get scared.”

I felt so greasy like Woohyun from Infinite for saying that. Hyungsik however loved my idea and so we went on it. It only took two seconds into the ride for me to grasp his hand. I closed my eyes and prayed it would be a fast ride.

It didn’t seem to end fast enough for me but according to Hyungsik it should have been longer.

“I want to go,” I said hugging my penguin tight.

“You didn’t have to do that just so I could go on a roller coaster.”

“You wouldn’t let me pay for the dinner, or to get in. I had to do something and I knew you wanted to go on this rollercoaster.”

Hyungsik pulled me into a hug, my penguin being squished between us.

“Thank you for that,” he said.

When he pulled away he put his arm around me and we left for home.