The Last Time

Much Too Old To Fall For You

Sehun stared at his friend and shook his head, "You're hopeless." Jongin ignored Sehun and continued to write Kyungsoo's name all over his notebook, little hearts and smiley faces also adorned the already colorful notebook. Luhan came up to the table and greeted his boyfriend with a peck on the lips before taking a seat beside him and looking at Jongin, "Poor guy... he'll never have a chance with Kyungsoo." "I know... I was stupid to think I would," Jongin closed his notebook and looked up at his friends, "Kyungsoo hyung is perfect, he's adorable, cute, nice, charming, he has a beautiful voice, angelic eyes and the prettiest smile I've ever seen."

"So... what are you going to do about this stupid crush Jongin?" Sehun asked his best friend now that he had his full attention. Jongin smiled sadly, "Well," he sighed, "Kyungsoo hyung doesn't like me, I think it's obvious by now... so I'm going to leave him alone from now on. Today is the last day I'm going to see him." Sehun rolled his eyes, "Don't tell me you're going to act like one of those of those idiots in those dramatic movies scenes where you pretend to leave and just as you're about to board the plane Kyungsoo hyung comes running in, begging you not to leave and then you decide to stay and live happily ever after." Luhan laughs as Jongin leans across the table and hits his best friend on the head, "Don't be stupid Sehun! I just meant I won't come into this cafe during his shifts and I'll stop picking him up from the university. My parents would never let me leave for that reason and neither would you; you just wouldn't survive without me." Luhan nodded in agreement, "That's true."

Jongin glanced up at the clock and smiled, "I'm going to go pick up Kyungsoo now... for the last time." The dancer stood up and said goodbye to his friends before leaving the cafe to go pick Kyungsoo up. As usual he walked to the bus stop, waited for a while until it arrived, he got on the bus which took him to another bus stop, he got on the second bus which was about a twenty minute drive, he then got off and started the twenty five minute walk towards Kyungsoo's university.

He stood outside, many people walked in and out of the university, but he paid no attention to them, Jongin could only see Kyungsoo who was currently saying goodbye to his two friends. The singer looked towards Jongin and rolled his eyes as Baekhyun and Joonmyun just gave him an encouraging pat on the back. Kyungsoo walks towards him and as usual Jongin smiles brightly as he greets him, "Hi hyung!" The older boy just walks past the younger boy, "Let's just go," he murmurs. Jongin runs up next to Kyungsoo and grabs his hand, "Wait... hyung." Kyungsoo turns to look at Jongin, "What?" he asks. "Can we umm... go somewhere first. It's not a date or anything, I just want to hang out." The singer stays quiet for a long time and Jongin wonders what's going through his head. "Okay Jongin."

 

****

 

Jongin was so happy when Kyungsoo agreed to go out with him, it wasn't a date but still, it was a nice way to spend his last day with Kyungsoo instead of the usual fifteen minute walk from the university to Kyungsoo's apartment complex. "Hyung?" Jongin called out. "What is it Jongin?" Kyungsoo asked as he continued to walk a little ahead of the younger male. The dancer took a deep breath and mustered up the courage to ask his next question, "C-Can I umm... hold your hand?" Kyungsoo stopped walking and turned to face him, he was confused, Jongin could tell. For a long time Kyungsoo just stared at him, he then smiled and began to laugh, "You never asked before... if you're trying to win me over by all of a sudden changing, it isn't going to work Jongin. You're still too young and definitely not my type." Kyungsoo turned away from Jongin and began to walk again.

Jongin thought for a while, "You're right hyung, I never asked before," he ran up to the shorter male and intertwined their fingers, "And I'm not going to start today." Kyungsoo tried to free his hand from Jongin's grip but today the younger boy wasn't letting go so easily, he held onto the older man's hand tightly as they walked towards an ice cream parlor. Jongin had remembered that Kyungsoo had mentioned he hadn't had ice cream in a very long time and he had been craving for some, that's why Jongin decided to bring him there.

After a few minutes they stopped in front of the ice cream parlor and Kyungsoo smiled brightly, Jongin noticed this and smiled, for once he hadn't messed up. "I remember you saying that you had been wanting ice cream for a while now... I'm probably not the person you  wanted to have ice cream with but I hope you still enjoy it." Kyungsoo thought for a while and remembered he had mentioned something about not having ice cream for a long time to Jongin, but that was a long time ago, probably throughout the first few days they had met. It was amazing that the kid still remembered.  

 

****

 

Jongin also remembered Kyungsoo mentioning something about wanting to enjoy a nice walk in the park because balancing school, work and singing lessons was so stressful that he never had time to just relax and enjoy a peaceful moment. So as the two enjoyed the ice cream Jongin had bought for them, they made their way to the park across the street.

"Why are you bringing me here?" Kyungsoo asked. Jongin looked at him and smiled, "So that you can relax and just enjoy a peaceful walk in the park." Kyungsoo nodded once and began to walk further into the park; their fingers were still intertwined and it was quiet. Jongin made sure not talk because he knew Kyungsoo needed this peaceful time, he knew how hard Kyungsoo worked to earn money, keep his grades up and he still managed to squeeze in singing lessons.

"You know... not a lot of people would remember all these things about me," Kyungsoo says as he takes a seat in the park bench after about ten minutes of just walking around and enjoying the beautiful sounds of nature and nothing else. Jongin smiled happily and takes a seat besides the older boy, "Of course I remember hyung... after all, I do love you." The singer looked straight ahead and sighed, "Why Jongin? Why do you like me... I don't understand why you insist on chasing after me when you're obviously handsome and could have any other person you wanted, maybe someone your own age."

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo and sighed, the pickup lines he had used obviously hadn't worked, so maybe he should try speaking from his heart instead. But it was difficult for a seventeen year old boy to express what he felt, how in the world did Sehun even confess to Luhan? Maybe Jongin should have asked his friend for advice but there was no time to think about that now because right now he wanted to tell Kyungsoo how he felt. And there was no point in wishing he could change something that would never and could never be changed.

"Hyung... you're right, a lot of people at school do chase after me, maybe you think I'm a jerk who likes to play with people's hearts but the truth is... you're the first person who's ever caught my attention." Kyungsoo chuckled, "Then I should be honored."  Jongin just smiled and then continued to talk, "Maybe using stupid pickup lines wasn't the best first impression but hyung I really do like... no, I really do love you." The older boy sighed, "I'm sorry Jongin, I just... I don't feel the same way." The younger boy sighed, "Is it my age?" Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders, "That's... part of it but even if you were older, I don't think I'd feel anything for you, at least not what you feel for me." Jongin sighed once again but nodded, "I understand hyung... can I umm ask you for one more thing though?" Kyungsoo smiled and nodded, "After what you did for me today... of course, anything."

Jongin smiled sadly, "After today, I'll stop bothering you with stupid pickup lines and I'll stop chasing after you." Kyungsoo nodded and smiled, "Thank you Jongin." "But in return I want you to promise to at least be my friend," The singer smiles and nods, "I can definitely be your friend." "And can I ask for my last request after I drop you off at your apartment?" Jongin asked nervously. Kyungsoo thought staying friends was the final request but he just smiled once more and nodded, "Sure."

 

****

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin arrived in front of Kyungsoo's apartment complex in less than twenty minutes. The older boy turned to face the dancer and smiled "Well, we're here, so what's your last request?" he asked. Jongin smiled and took a deep breath, his next request might be a little too much but this would be his only chance, he had to at least try. "I umm... can you give me my first... kiss?" he asked shyly, his cheeks turning a deep shade of red and his heart beating faster than ever before.

Kyungsoo stayed quiet for a very long time and just stared at the taller boy, he seemed to be doing that a lot this day. "You really want me to give you your first kiss, even knowing that I don't love you?" he asked. Jongin smiled and nodded, "I absolutely do." Kyungsoo sighed and took a deep breath, "Okay Jongin." Jongin smiled brightly, happy and relieved that Kyungsoo had agreed to his final request, "Thanks hyung." Kyungsoo pulled the younger boy inside his apartment, he didn't want to be seen by his neighbors, "Make it quick."

Jongin was nervous, this was his first kiss, he didn't want to mess it up. Kyungsoo could tell how nervous the younger boy was and chuckled, "This really is your first kiss?" he asked, he really had thought Jongin was only lying about that. "Then I'll take the lead," he whispered and Jongin simply nodded. Kyungsoo leaned up and pressed his lips against Jongin's, he couldn't help but to enjoy the feeling, Jongin's lips were nice and very kissable but Kyungsoo had suspected that.

At first, Kyungsoo was the only one kissing but once we thought he was ready, Jongin slowly began to kiss back. Jongin arms wrapped around Kyungsoo's waist and he pulled the singer closer as Kyungsoo's arms wrapped themselves around the dancer's neck and he continued to hungrily kiss the younger boy. He tried to convince himself that it wasn't because kissing Jongin made his heart flutter but because he hadn't kissed anyone in a while. They literally kissed for over ten minutes with only a few five second breaks to catch their breath in between.

Jongin pulled away for the last time, he unwrapped his arms from around Kyungsoo's waist and smiled, "Thanks hyung." Kyungsoo bit his lower lip and nodded, no able to even form a proper sentence. "You won't have to worry about me bothering you anymore but I'll see you around hyung and thanks again...for today, I had a lot of fun," he smiled once more before waving goodbye and heading out the door. Kyungsoo sat back on his couch once the dancer was gone and sighed. He hadn't noticed before but today he had gone on the perfect date, with the perfect guy and maybe if he had realized it sooner, he could have convinced Jongin to stay; unfortunately he was a little too late and he couldn't really expect Jongin to just return, he was, after all, the one who had pushed him away. It would be selfish to ask Jongin to come back when he obviously didn't deserve him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This story is coming to an end, maybe one or two ore chapters, I'm not so sure yet.

It was originally only going to be three chapters long but I extended it a bit.

Thanks so much for the comments on that last chapter!