Shadow Forever

Shadow [SuChen Version]// [HIATUS]
"Suho..."
 
The name seemingly glides off his tongue easily almost like water but with the intonation of light. No. His name is light glintingg of the water, creating shines and sparkles of glimmering starlight.
 
Starlight... Starlight helps to light up the night. 
 
This man is light.
Th light in the dark.
 
The boy was so wrapped up in this man that he paid little heed to the fact his feet were moving on their own, heading towards the street. The only time he stopped was when a hand pulled him back onto the sidewalk.
 
"Watch it Sir. You'll be like a pancake in the street if you keep that up."
 
Darkness pulled at him again, making him silent and docile. As he looks over at the man who pulled him back he nods and whispers his thanks before turning his attention to where the man of light stood. Alas, though, he was not there anymore.
 
He turned his eyes downwards, disappointed, alone and walked back to his home just as silently as he had came. Taking his time once in the confines of his apartment - he moved like a sloth. Time once again had no urgency on him. It was just him. Alone. In the dark. Wrapping himself in his blankets and letting the silent darkness consume him in the form of sleep.
 
A fews days later he moves from his confines again to pay the rent. Walking down the stairs and onto the main floor he slides the envelope containing the money under the door just as he did every day he paid rent. But,  today was different. As the boy lifts his head up he sees the figure of a man, his hair in good order, walking in a very docile manner. Something seemed familiar. Is it him? Perhaps. Maybe it is.
 
Curiously, the boy moves to the door excited and intrigued. peeking out from behind the frame she sees him walking away and notices the flow of the hair, the stature, his frame. He knew it was him. Like a shy little boy, Chen starts to trail behind the man of light.
 
His head tilts slightly, his peripheral vision loses sight and all he sees is him. Fixated on him like a moth to a flame. Trailing behind, he walks in sync wih him to a small cafe'. It's decorations are something he doesn't recognize, not even the name. All he sees is him, with a gentle smile on his face and suddenly the rippling white chocolate voice of his. That smooth, rich, sweet voice. It gave him a feeling of warmth that built from within as if he was sipping a sweet, rich and quality white hot chocolate. And yet, there's a texture to it, making it rich so that it's noticeable even in the loudest of rooms. Perhaps, like white chocolate shavings on top of that hot beverage.
 
But as he finished talking, he realized suddenly that the reason he was talking was that he had ordered something to eat. Slightly worried, Chen orders something small, instantly picking the first two things on the menu and moves quietly to side next to Suho. His heart pounds, he feels it quickening along with his pulse. What is this feeling? Who exactly is this man? Why does he feel this way around him? He tilts his head slightly as he steals a glance at him.
 
Chen's gaze moved along every part of his face, analyzing, admiring. Suho having that white chocolatey voice that he found so sweet had transferred to his looks but with an edge. His skin was nice, pale. His eyes were bright, kind. He takes a notice to how distinguished he looked. How classy and polished. He continues, mentally tracing along his jawline he moves to noticing Suho's mouth. His lips. Not too full but not too thin. And almost both in proportion with each other but the slightest amount more of fullness went to the bottom lip. He notices the eyebrows and how they look natural and sculpted at once. That was it. This man was kindly sculptured but also natural. He notices the kind smile again and starts to wonder. What is he thinking? What is he feeling? What does he like to do?
 
"Suho, your order is done."
 
Immediately alarmed he looks down, worried he may have seen him rudely staring and as he takes a step forward to claim his meal he uses the moment to look up at him.
 
Chen takes heed in the height, how they seemed to be matched up a bit. His stance. How it was confident but vulnerable. It didn't intimidate him. It was just approachable. The air around him eminates kindness, genuine kindness. A smile forms on his lips but not for long as he sees him starting to turn towards him. 
 
Chen wasn't ready to talk to him. He knew he probably never would be and all he could think of doing was looking down and keeping quiet. 
 
"Chen"
 
He pops his head up, surprised.
 
"Your order is done."
 
A wave of relief washes over him, he nods and timidly takes the plate and the glass before walking over to an open table, across the way from where the man called Suho sat now, eating his food by himself.
 
He sits down so that he still has a clear view of him, eating in sync and suddenly his mind drifts. Drifts away to the time and thought of having alone time with him. A time for just the two of them at the cafe. The vision was light, possibly rose-colored, fun. A smile forms and he sips his drink slightly before chucking just a bit. He eats peacefully, happy, a small bliss that is created with his mind. A bliss in his mind but was playing out in front of him.
 
But the happiness can't last forever, the man stands up and almost immediately afterward he stands and starts to trail behind him again. 
 
Time passes but still he follows as he goes through a store, alleyways, streets. When he pauses to talk to friends he acts as normal as he can while listening to his voice. He wonders if this is a daily routine for him. Was this normal? To go to these places, to talk to these people. He pauses as he starts to move again before starting to move on his own once more, following. Does he do this everyday? Could he see him everyday?
 
Then it hits him. That girl he was talking to. Was that his girlfriend? Was it a friend? He never got to fully understand or hear the exhange between the two. The possiblities were endless. A small frown forms on his lips replacing the smile that's been there all day and finally he comes to a stop. Why was he following him? What did he have to prove? He's nothing but darkness. What part does he have in his life besides being this endless shadow - follow him unknowingly until it's too late.
 
The man of light slows down and turns, entering a building. As if almost instantly, Chen snaps out of his thoughts to go and see what's special about this building. He steps forward and looks up. It's an apartment complex. Tilting his head, he looks in throught the window seeing  him opening a locker - the numbers 517 adorned the front. He looks up at the building before taking a step back. Perhaps it was time he left.
 
Nightfall.
Sunrise.
Time.
 
The days repeat itself, the actions remain the same. Day by day, Chen would go downstairs just in time to see Suho pass by his apartment complex almost if he's compelled to, he follows unknowingly. Usually the path is the same until one day the man of light does something different.
 
This day, when the light seemed just right, the leaves changed to an autumn array of oranges, yellows and reds. He moves behind him silently realizing something is different, but what is it? His hair is the same, sur his outfit changes everyday. It dawns on him. He has a bag. A bookbag? Is he a student?
 
Chen tilts his head a little before realizing he's walking in a different direction than normal. He watches as Suho turns into a library and makes his way further in. Chen follows blindly and sees him moving over in between a group of children. Confused and allured he continues and takes a seat in a shaded corner. 
 
What's he doing here? He tilts his head slightly and shuffles slights as he keeps his ears open to listen.
 
The sweet sound of his voice fill the air, making it's way to his heart. The guitar playing was more amazing than she imagined and he felt his heart listening to every second of it like it was his last. The children all listening almost as mesmerized as he is. When suddenly. A child asks a question and this soft, heart fluttering laugh comes out.
 
Heart flutters.
But stops to beat.
It starts again. 
He hears it still. 
The sound of his voice.
The sound of his laughter. 
He sees his smile widen. 
Mesmerized.
Enchanted.
His light spread upon the crowd that was formed around him, smiling, listening closely. 
 
The first time in a long while, a smile appears on his face. A genuine and happy smile.
 
The world seemed to be a bright place when he was around.
 
A place he wanted to know. 
 
Maybe being a shadow wasn't the way he should live.
Maybe he should make his own light.
 
The sound of his pohone goes off in the middle of the story although luckily it was quiet to not disturb them. Despite not wanting to answer it, he does so anyway. Reading the message, his smile fades.
 
'Where are you? Who do you think you are? Today is the day your father comes back and I said that you would be showing up to say hello and you make me look like a buffoon. You worthless piece of trash. Go into your shabby hold and die. Next month there will be no money for food. Hope you're happy.'
 
The light fades. 
Darkness crawls in again. 
A shadow.
Forever.